Sign in to follow this  
hardley

Norwich Colours

For the benefit of us overseas football fans can anyone explain why so many city supporters appeared to be at Wembley waving their yellow and green scarves when Man U scored.

The Man UNITED fans have taken up the colours of their founding club, Newton Heath, as a protest against the Glazer''s ownership.

[quote user="a1canary"]The Man UNITED fans have taken up the colours of their founding club, Newton Heath, as a protest against the Glazer''s ownership.[/quote]

And a lot wear the original shirt aswell  yellow and green squared some wore these before the takeover.

I''m not very happy about Man Yoo fanboys adapting our famous yellow and green colours. The colours yellow and green should always be associated with Norwich City Football Club in British football and not some unhappy Man Yoo fanboys.

Does anyone actually think that the Glaziers give a damn about all this? I can''t see how this will put them off of after he had to endure much worse prior to his takeover at United.

Maybe if we ever want to protest against our board, (remember those days[;)]) we could adopt red and white as protest colours.

"Maybe if we ever want to protest against our board, (remember those days) we could adopt red and white as protest colours."

Or even Blue and White... in keeping with the spirit...

Makes my blood boil this hi-jacking of our colours. Keep seeing the w*nkers everywhere in London in their yellow and green scarves. If anyone asks me if I am a Man U fan they will get very short shrift.

But if you listen to Man Utd fans, they say the scarfs are green and GOLD! Tw@s.

Manure are a buch of ti*s!

Yellow and green scarves for a team that hasnt existed for over 100 years (newton Heath). no doubt Arsenal will be donning the purple of Dial Square before long...

the fact that it is a team that existed over 100 years ago is the whole point - they are basically saying , we support the team that started as Newton Heath playing in Yellow and green and evolved into Man Utd , rather than the team brought into by the Mercenary americans

I think the protest might be more useful , if the fans had not brought their £ 40 tickets , Programme , food and sundry merchandise - proceeds from which go to the very people they are protesting against

" If anyone asks me if I am a Man U fan they will get very short shrift"

Living more than 200 miles from Manchester it would be an easy mistake for somebody to make !

Man Utds isnt yellow and green, its GOLD and green, if you belve Man U fans.

[quote user="waggers"]Maybe if we ever want to protest against our board, (remember those days[;)]) we could adopt red and white as protest colours.[/quote]

No we can adopt our first colours blue and white, did I just swear or what

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I''m not very happy about Man Yoo fanboys adapting our famous yellow and green colours. The colours yellow and green should always be associated with Norwich City Football Club in British football and not some unhappy Man Yoo fanboys. Does anyone actually think that the Glaziers give a damn about all this? I can''t see how this will put them off of after he had to endure much worse prior to his takeover at United.[/quote]

The Glaziers probably own the company that makes the Yellow and Green scarves...!

Green and gold my ar$e they''re green and yellow. Not impressed as have been mistaken for a Man U supporter at work (I work near Leeds) and on the train back from the Southampton game by either Sunderland or Newcastle supporters.

I set them straight, but I like people telling me what team I support ("it''s a Norwich supporter,...Delia... Canaries blah blah blah), I don''t like them telling me I support Man U (Plus they''re much more friendly when they realize I''m a Norwich fan)

Sorry if im being naive here but didnt they put man utd 400 million in debt?  What silly moron let them take over the club

Hate Man Utd and most of their glory hunting fans, and I know its impossible to feel sorry for even their half a dozen genuine manc fans, but they clearly love their club and are unhappy with the status quo so fair play to them for their protest, just a shame its yellow and green!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="waggers"]Maybe if we ever want to protest against our board, (remember those days[;)]) we could adopt red and white as protest colours.[/quote]

No we can adopt our first colours blue and white, did I just swear or what

[/quote]

Surely it would be Sky and White...actually if you put those together you get Shite so forget that!

It was annoying walking through Manchester Picadilly on Saturday as I wasnt sure how many people wearing yellow and green scarves were actually Norwich fans.

[quote user="Titch"]Sorry if im being naive here but didnt they put man utd 400 million in debt?  What silly moron let them take over the club[/quote]I think it''s actually closer to £700m worth of debt, and I assume the silly morons who let this happen were the previous shareholders who were happy to sell there shares for a great price, thus allowing the Glaziers to get to 85% ownership allowing them to do exactly what they did.

I reckon we should start singing this:

"This is our scarf, this is our scarf, this is our scaaaaaarfff

p*ss off Man Utd

Stick your scarves up your a*se"

Followed by We all support the team in yellow and green to the tune of the yellow submarine.

Sing them whilst waving scarves round head and get it noticed by the press especially when we go to Tranmere on April 2nd.