Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Where is Askou

I find YOUR opinion quite honestly unbelievable ncfcstar. Talk about slating a player unfairly!!!! Did you go to the Swindon JPT game? He definately showed pace in that game and he defended very well. As for his distribution I''d say its fairly good for a CB. [:|]

And of corse you are guessing whether he can cut it in the Championship!!!! How do you know?!??! Who would have thought Charlie Austin of Poole Town would be scoring a hatful of goals for a League 1 team, and Oli Johnson of Marine (whatever they were called) would be scoring for Norwich.

Oh well its a game of opinions...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If Askou is the answer then what, exactly, is the question?[/quote]

Is it, "What''s the surname of the centre back at Norwich with preceeding names: "Jens Berthel"?"

So once we have a fit Whitbread, will he cut it a champ level? If he is I think he and Jens would definately would be my prefered partnership at the back next as as solid as Doc and Nels have been, they really have found their level imo. I would offer another Doc contract to though seeing as he''s been solid and fit since his Gee-up from Lambert, saying that, Lambert might find better on offer in the market. Also Jens will need his contract renewing too won''t he?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]If Askou is the answer then what, exactly, is the question?[/quote]

Is it, "What''s the surname of the centre back at Norwich with preceeding names: "Jens Berthel"?"[/quote]

Correct!

It''s like the worst round of Mock The Week ever.

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"]

We need him as I don''t fancy Nelson against the likes of Rhodes and Novak, Paynter and Austin, Becchio and Beckford.

[/quote]

You may not but do you think that, unless there''s an unexpected disaster against Yeovil at the weekend or he gets injured, the manager is likely to drop Nelson before then?

The way it''s going at the moment I think Nelson is very unlikely to be out of the team before the end of the season. Not that he should be, he''s done well, he deserves his place.

[/quote]

It a very fair point Nelson has done well this season. However I was at the game against Oldham on Saturday and there were some worrying signs. Some terrible distribution and he got hopelessly outpaced for the one v one which Forster saved. It is the argument Smudger has been talking about for weeks. Are you pro active in trying to prevent the bad result by changing the team or do you wait until it goes wrong? Its a tough decision but Lambert gets these calls right most of the time.

[/quote]Thing is, without suggesting there''s a realistic comparison in terms of quality here, Malky was also pretty slow and couldn''t really pass for toffee... but his positional sense was excellent and he was as solid as a rock.Without being on the same plane of existance in terms of class, Nelson is similar in that way - poor distribution, slow, but tends to be in the right place most of the time.  He''s a League 1 defender, easily, and when Askou is fit its likely he''ll be able to take the chance to nick Nelson''s place... but he''s not half as bad as some are making him out to be!