Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Wiz does this mean lots of £s after all ?

What should we read into this statement then ?

"In announcing their latest set of accounts, the club''s finance chiefs repeated the fact that the £1.2 million saved when supporters opted not to redeem their Preference B shares is there, sitting at the manager''s disposal.

Given the level of income City now enjoy in the top flight – in the same breath Norwich''s financial controller Shaun O''Hara was revealing that the club were expecting to record a £6.5 million profit on their activities over the 2004-2005 financial year – it is safe to assume that Worthington will have more room for manoeuvre than that. Expect all sorts of smoke and mirrors to be at work over the next three weeks as Norwich try to keep everyone guessing as to exactly the level of funding at the manager''s disposal."

Maybe he was told to be frugal in the summer, see where we are come January and spend if we need to.  But, like all the talk at the moment it is mostly speculation and who could blame the board into putting a spin on things if it helps us get Dean Ashton (please).  For example, you don''t buy a new car by telling the salesman exactly how much money you have, you make him work for the sale don''t you?

Still gutted after Saturday....

[quote]What should we read into this statement then ? "In announcing their latest set of accounts, the club''s finance chiefs repeated the fact that the £1.2 million saved when supporters opted not to redeem...[/quote]

I really don''t know no more Jim, if you''re right, in you''re assumption (or is that hope) then it would be fantastic news, yes?.

But we''ll soon know in a few weeks won''t we?.

Let''s just keep everything crossed. Like many grown ups, I still believe in dear old Santa Claus, and he was very good to us last year I remember!.

I think I''ll write him a letter again!.