Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Semi....

Anyone else see that semi got a 9 in the paper and made League One team of the day!!!He did exactly the same with us, 1st season was brilliant, over lapped on the wing hit the by line and set goals up, give him 6 to 12 months and he will be recieving 5 and 6 every game!!!OTBC

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Anyone else see that semi got a 9 in the paper and made League One team of the day!!!

He did exactly the same with us, 1st season was brilliant, over lapped on the wing hit the by line and set goals up, give him 6 to 12 months and he will be recieving 5 and 6 every game!!!

OTBC
[/quote]

He was playing against Stockport remember. They have only got 20 odd points for a reason. But its does seem like he has done well since moving. I think a change of scene can be a very positive thing for certain players. His time with us had probably run its course under Lambert. So ultimately it could turn out to have be a good piece of business for both us and Southampton.

Yea well he played well against us, then again probably would of been a different story with Mcnamee playing.....Well it was no business at all for us as he went on a free?!!

Or he could go on to be like Chris Brown at Preston, decent player who lost confidence due to the boo boys. Only time will tell I guess, but was probably the right thing to move him on as he was never going to win round most of the Norwich fans.

I always said that Semi is good if you are attacking against weak teams. When he has to defend against strong teams such as Leeds he is useless.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Anyone else see that semi got a 9 in the paper and made League One team of the day!!!

He did exactly the same with us, 1st season was brilliant, over lapped on the wing hit the by line and set goals up, give him 6 to 12 months and he will be recieving 5 and 6 every game!!!

OTBC
[/quote]Or maybe Southampton doesn''t have a message board like this which slams certain players every time![:|]

Lets be fair Wiz, I''m sure they do, but everyone appreciated that Semi had all the makings to be a top Champ player, but he never showed the potential often enough.

I do agree that he was one of many scapegoats this board enjoyed berating, now it''s Lappin.....

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Lets be fair Wiz, I''m sure they do, but everyone appreciated that Semi had all the makings to be a top Champ player, but he never showed the potential often enough.

I do agree that he was one of many scapegoats this board enjoyed berating, now it''s Lappin.....

[/quote]I''ve been guilty myself CIB, ie Doc, but he''s shut me up this year, we need to be united for everyone, especially now.........players do read this message board so why undermine them?

I agree, very rarely do I slag players off on here. But if I was a footballer, I wouldn''t be looking at it.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Yea well he played well against us, then again probably would of been a different story with Mcnamee playing.....

Well it was no business at all for us as he went on a free?!!

[/quote]

Saved us 6 months wages. He wasn''t needed as Russell Martin and Spillane are better full backs in my opinion.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Anyone else see the letter in the EDP today critiscising the ''racist'' abuse he got. I recall OB arresting dozens for such offences?[/quote]

If that did happen I find that very dissapointing. I very much doubt he did though. The only criticism that is warranted is in terms of his footballing ability. Mainly his lack of concentration and poor positional sense.

"Lord Flashheart" He was a bag of poo.

I do like concise, intelligent replies. I think that''s the reason I keep coming on this board ......

semi crap end of really :P lol he hasn''t been any good at southampton and he only on a 6month contract so if he was any good he be signing a pre contract with a better team :L

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]"Lord Flashheart" He was a bag of poo.

I do like concise, intelligent replies. I think that''s the reason I keep coming on this board ......[/quote]I didn''t want to revise all the criticisms that have been made of him over the last few seasons. I thought I''d sum them up in one simple and childish phrase. [;)]