Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

2010/11 NCFC 'Fantasy Football'

Okay, so assume a couple of things:A) We remain on course for automatic promotion and find ourselves celebrating promotion back to the Chumpionship, andB) Tony Moneybags invests a significant sum of money in NCFC, some of which pays debt and some of which goes into transfer kittyNow imagine your own ''fantasy football'' scenario and think about the following questions:1) How much money do you think Moneybags would realistically invest in the club, and how much of that would you put towards debt and how much into transfer kitty?2) What areas of the team would you use this money to strengthen or rebuild where necessary and what players would you like to see bought into those positions?3) What league position would you envisage your team finishing in come May 2011?For bonus points, also answer the following:4) How bored is Evil Monkey today?Go forth and fantasize, my friends!

1) Not sure on an exact figure, but i reckon he would make sure there is money to pay off debts on time (not all at once, it doesn''t really work like that), and give between 5-15 million to spend...

2) Cover in defence (all defence), Forster, couple of experienced midfielder/strikers...

3) Play-offs, probably 5th or 6th....

4) Very bored :P

Season of consolidation for me next season if we were to go up. Too many clubs have gone up from this division and gone straight to the premiership then struggled (in effect like a deep sea diver getting the bends- going up to fast) with immediate relegation.

Take our time like Wigan did and Forest have done by giving ourselves one season to build for the season after.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Okay, so assume a couple of things:

A) We remain on course for automatic promotion and find ourselves celebrating promotion back to the Chumpionship, and
B) Tony Moneybags invests a significant sum of money in NCFC, some of which pays debt and some of which goes into transfer kitty

Now imagine your own ''fantasy football'' scenario and think about the following questions:

1) How much money do you think Moneybags would realistically invest in the club, and how much of that would you put towards debt and how much into transfer kitty? millions and millions one would hope!!!

2) What areas of the team would you use this money to strengthen or rebuild where necessary and what players would you like to see bought into those positions?left winger, right back, striker midfielder and Foster on a perm[Y]

3) What league position would you envisage your team finishing in come May 2011?top 12

For bonus points, also answer the following:

4) How bored is Evil Monkey today? extremely £%%&^  ^&%&$£%   *&^%%£$%^  *^%%&&$" ing board[;)]

Go forth and fantasize, my friends!
[/quote]

I''m glad this thread has captured the imagination and not got lost amongst in-jokes and people-who-don''t-have-a-spare-ticket-to-the-Leeds-game-but-if-they-did-then-they''d-be-open-to-a-pm-or-two........ [:P]