Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Well done Wroxham

Now that Lowestoft gain most of City''s cast offs/ex pro''s, I think The Yachtsmen have done extraordinary well to reach the Semi''s of the Vase.Whitehawk are Wroxham''s semi-final opponents - stiff opposition as the former are currently top of their league and paying Conference wages. But Wroxham do have the advantage of playing the second leg of the semi at Trafford Park.Anybody here going if they reach the Wembley Final?

They''ve done very well to match Lowestoft''s run to the semi finals last year, hope they can go on and match the great achievments of Lowestoft''s 2008 run to Wembley.

Lowestoft can all but confirm promotion tonight at Concord Rovers.

Only jesting shyster, I know how much you despise the Norwich stronghold of Lowestoft. [:)]

[quote user="Shyster"]Now that Lowestoft gain most of City''s cast offs/ex pro''s, I think The Yachtsmen have done extraordinary well to reach the Semi''s of the Vase.

Whitehawk are Wroxham''s semi-final opponents - stiff opposition as the former are currently top of their league and paying Conference wages. But Wroxham do have the advantage of playing the second leg of the semi at Trafford Park.

Anybody here going if they reach the Wembley Final?
[/quote]

I will.

One of my best mates plays for the reserves. He was on the verges of the first team but got stamped on a couple of weeks ago and is out injured so will probably not make the squad.. shame.

[quote user="Shyster"]Now that Lowestoft gain most of City''s cast offs/ex pro''s, I think The Yachtsmen have done extraordinary well to reach the Semi''s of the Vase.

Whitehawk are Wroxham''s semi-final opponents - stiff opposition as the former are currently top of their league and paying Conference wages. But Wroxham do have the advantage of playing the second leg of the semi at Trafford Park.

[/quote]

I will.

One of my best mates plays for the reserves. He was on the verges of the first team but got stamped on a couple of weeks ago and is out injured so will probably not make the squad.. shame.

[/quote]

I will.

Can;t stand either Lowestoft or Wroxham - saw Wroxham vs KL reserves in the senior cup last year , what a horrible bunch Wroxham were - diving , whinging , moaning , cheating - I was so glad they lost that night - they are not anywhere near as popular as Dereham , Yarmouth etc for crowds - there must be a reason that for all their success their crowds have never really increased

[quote user="gary "]Can;t stand either Lowestoft or Wroxham - saw Wroxham vs KL reserves in the senior cup last year , what a horrible bunch Wroxham were - diving , whinging , moaning , cheating - I was so glad they lost that night - they are not anywhere near as popular as Dereham , Yarmouth etc for crowds - there must be a reason that for all their success their crowds have never really increased[/quote]

They are only a village

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

They''ve done very well to match Lowestoft''s run to the semi finals last year, hope they can go on and match the great achievments of Lowestoft''s 2008 run to Wembley.

Only jesting shyster, I know how much you despise the Norwich stronghold of Lowestoft. [:)]

[/quote]

Yeah well, it''s a pity Lowestoft isn''t closer to Ipshat. [:@]

[quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="Shyster"]Now that Lowestoft gain most of City''s cast offs/ex pro''s, I think The Yachtsmen have done extraordinary well to reach the Semi''s of the Vase.Whitehawk are Wroxham''s semi-final opponents - stiff opposition as the former are currently top of their league and paying Conference wages. But Wroxham do have the advantage of playing the second leg of the semi at Trafford Park.Anybody here going if they reach the Wembley Final? [/quote]

I will.

[/quote]

Good man [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]I hope many fellow City fans follow suit.

exactly , but surely any successful side would get more than 70 people through the gate irrespective of whether they are a village or not

I remember going to Wembley with Diss in ''94 I think. Greta day. It''s good to have some decent local teams, Lowe doing well, The Lynn cocked up, but sure they will get back to the level given time.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

Yeah well, it''s a pity Lowestoft isn''t closer to Ipshat. [:@]
[/quote]

Or Spew-ton [:)]

[quote user="gary "]Can;t stand either Lowestoft or Wroxham - saw Wroxham vs KL reserves in the senior cup last year , what a horrible bunch Wroxham were - diving , whinging , moaning , cheating - I was so glad they lost that night - they are not anywhere near as popular as Dereham , Yarmouth etc for crowds - there must be a reason that for all their success their crowds have never really increased[/quote]

For a recent home game against Kirkley, Dereham garnered an attendance of a 130 and Gt Yarmouth''s average home attendance is something around 50. [:P]

Gt Yarmouth population -  47,288Dereham population - 15,659Wroxham population - 1,532

Now shut up.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="gary "]Can;t stand either Lowestoft or Wroxham - saw Wroxham vs KL reserves in the senior cup last year , what a horrible bunch Wroxham were - diving , whinging , moaning , cheating - I was so glad they lost that night - they are not anywhere near as popular as Dereham , Yarmouth etc for crowds - there must be a reason that for all their success their crowds have never really increased[/quote]

For a recent home game against Kirkley, Dereham garnered an attendance of a 130 and Gt Yarmouth''s average home attendance is something around 50. [:P]

Gt Yarmouth population -  47,288

Dereham population - 15,659

Wroxham population - 1,532

Now shut up.
[/quote]

Well Lowestoft average over 700 a game and the population can''t be any bigger than Gt Yarmouth, amazing to think they had to play at the same level as clubs like Dereham and Wroxham [;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="gary "]Can;t stand either Lowestoft or Wroxham - saw Wroxham vs KL reserves in the senior cup last year , what a horrible bunch Wroxham were - diving , whinging , moaning , cheating - I was so glad they lost that night - they are not anywhere near as popular as Dereham , Yarmouth etc for crowds - there must be a reason that for all their success their crowds have never really increased[/quote]

Gt Yarmouth population -  47,288Dereham population - 15,659Wroxham population - 1,532

Now shut up.[/quote]

Well Lowestoft average over 700 a game and the population can''t be any bigger than Gt Yarmouth, amazing to think they had to play at the same level as clubs like Dereham and Wroxham [;)]

[/quote]

700!!That''s pretty poor for a town the size of Lowestoft with a club that are doing so well.Do you think they''ll eventually go the same way as King''s Lynn, Wisbech & Sudbury?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

Now shut up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

700!!

That''s pretty poor for a town the size of Lowestoft with a club that are doing so well.

Do you think they''ll eventually go the same way as King''s Lynn, Wisbech & Sudbury?
[/quote]

Considering Lowestoft is between 2 large pro clubs in City & Ipswich and will therefore always have to compete on matchdays for support, over 700 week in week out is very impressive considering the level of the football pyramid they''re currently playing at.

Unlike K.Lynn, Lowestoft are very sensible with their finances, just 3years ago the club almost went bust, lessons were learnt and with the Vase/FA cup runs and the big attendances they''re more than able to finance themselves. They''ve only managed to bring in the players from Lynn etc because of the coaching set up the club has with Craig Fleming, Dave Carolan etc.

Now shut up.
[/quote]

And 698 are working in Roys on matchdays

702 are over 90years old and can''t stand at the game

15 prefer boating

10 are in the reserve team

4 in the 1st team

1 works in the garage

2 work in the newsagents

I can''t be sure how many women have to stay at home cleaning and have dinner ready for when the blokes come home half cut. But they do pretty well to get 70!

can only think it will be a matter of time - the chaps they have from Lynn must be on decent money , sure Flem and Carolan don;t come cheap either - I sincerely hope they crash and burn before too long , they only get 700 because they are winning at the moment , would be struggling of the bubble burst

[quote user="The gut"]

Now shut up.[/quote]

15 prefer boating

4 in the 1st team

1 works in the garage

2 work in the newsagents

I can''t be sure how many women have to stay at home cleaning and have dinner ready for when the blokes come home half cut. But they do pretty well to get 70!

[/quote]

HA! [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="gary "]can only think it will be a matter of time - the chaps they have from Lynn must be on decent money , sure Flem and Carolan don;t come cheap either - I sincerely hope they crash and burn before too long , they only get 700 because they are winning at the moment , would be struggling of the bubble burst[/quote]

Just shows how little you know, obviously they''re going to be on "decent" money but the crowds Lowestoft get are comparable to Conference clubs, the players they''ve brought in from Kings Lynn, Corby, Sudbury etc have taken cuts from what they were earning elsewhere, they''ve seen a club with so much potential, massive fanbase, professional coaching set up and the opportunity to be playing Conference/Conference South football within a couple of years.

[quote user="The gut"]

Now shut up.
[/quote]

15 prefer boating

4 in the 1st team

1 works in the garage

2 work in the newsagents

[/quote]

Oh, and all those in Dereham and Yarmouth have got far call to do.

[/quote]They''ve done well....................so far!

[quote user="Shyster"]Now that Lowestoft gain most of City''s cast offs/ex pro''s, I think The Yachtsmen have done extraordinary well to reach the Semi''s of the Vase.Whitehawk are Wroxham''s semi-final opponents - stiff opposition as the former are currently top of their league and paying Conference wages. But Wroxham do have the advantage of playing the second leg of the semi at Trafford Park.Anybody here going if they reach the Wembley Final? [/quote]I''ll be there to support the Norfolk Boys.

[quote user="The gut"]

Now shut up.
[/quote]

15 prefer boating

4 in the 1st team

1 works in the garage

2 work in the newsagents

[/quote]

And i`m at city games.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]Now that Lowestoft gain most of City''s cast offs/ex pro''s, I think The Yachtsmen have done extraordinary well to reach the Semi''s of the Vase.Whitehawk are Wroxham''s semi-final opponents - stiff opposition as the former are currently top of their league and paying Conference wages. But Wroxham do have the advantage of playing the second leg of the semi at Trafford Park.Anybody here going if they reach the Wembley Final? [/quote]I''ll be there to support the Norfolk Boys.[/quote]

Hey, Chopski, it''s also been brought to my attention that we/City aren''t playing on the Saturday of April the 3rd and that''s when Wroxham host Whitehawk in the return home leg.According to Wiki, Trafford Park has a capacity of 1,100 and the record attendance was 1,011 for a league match against Wisbech -- further down said Wiki page someone reckons the capacity is 2,000.It''d be great to see a strong contingent of City fans lending their support and busting a record or two that afternoon.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]Now that Lowestoft gain most of City''s cast offs/ex pro''s, I think The Yachtsmen have done extraordinary well to reach the Semi''s of the Vase.

[/quote]

I''ll be there to support the Norfolk Boys.

[/quote]

Hey, Chopski, it''s also been brought to my attention that we/City aren''t playing on the Saturday of April the 3rd and that''s when Wroxham host Whitehawk in the return home leg.

According to Wiki, Trafford Park has a capacity of 1,100 and the record attendance was 1,011 for a league match against Wisbech -- further down said Wiki page someone reckons the capacity is 2,000.

It''d be great to see a strong contingent of City fans lending their support and busting a record or two that afternoon.
[/quote]

Be excellent, went last year v Kings Lynn expecting to break record but didn''t, guess most of the regular supporters had to be stewards or something so not counted. Or wouldn''t ya just love it if they got fixture moved to Carrow Rd and 20,000 went.