Sign in to follow this  
open goal

How much investmenthttp://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-42.gif

I was having a chat with a guy in a bar the other day and the conversation came to Norwich and the need for investment.. He asked a very simple question, "How much investment does Norwich need?"

I think its fair to say we all agree that Norwich needs investment. But how much? What should we be looking to achieve? Championship-lower table, middle, top, play offs?

I think to stay up next year we need to invest 1-2million to get a top half finish? 3-4M? Playoffs about 7 or 8M?

Lambert is deffo the manager I want to see being given the funds. Not a roy Keane guy who spends 12million and almost gets a team relegated but how much will lambert need to make this club a success?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-7.gif

We need a whole lot, but I think to buy new players and pay wages if we get promoted, we would be looking at 4-6 million.  (Just a guesstimate).

I think Lambert would do a good job in the CCC, might have to offer him a better contract to stay.

Thats a very good question indeed....We will need to spend next season in the championship thats for sure but the figure can range so much...im sure PL wont just go splashing millions on single players, imho the man has a great eye for a player...realistically i think he will have 3-4 mill nxt season as hopefully the board has learnt the team cannot survive on loanees and sub standard players....IF and thats a big IF this Fernando fella buys the club im sure he will make the sufficient funds avalible to make us a force in the championship as sadly i dont think the current board have the funds to do this. I would think we would need closer to 8 mil to get promoted from the championship

I personnaly would love to see the debt wiped as we are throwing good money after bad  just to service this.

And thnx [:D][B][Y]

The Championship wont be as ''rich'' next year, the teams coming down from the Prem will hardly set the world on fire and they wont have the clout that Newcastle and West Brom have.  I think we need a lot of investment still, we have an ok core of the team, but we really need huge investment on the squad.  Teams like Forest and Leicester (to a lesser extent) haven''t done it on a shoestring, they have spent a lot of money on their team, Blackpool were an exception at the start of this season but they are now faltering.To challenge near the playoffs I seriously think we would need a huge overhaul of the current team, and that is why I fully expect us to be aiming for mid table security next season and then build from that position.  If we were serious about actually doing it back to back, which I can''t honestly believe we are, then I would expect we''d have to spend at least £10m.  Purely because it is not just about signing a few players, it is still about signing a squad.