Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Southampton are the most important team in our run in, other than, of course, us.

It doesn''t really matter what others do as long as we keep winning - but if we''re looking for a little helping hand, I say we can look at Southampton.

They are still to play Leeds (H), Swindon (H), MK Dons (A), Charlton (H) and Carlisle (H). That''s a lot of our nearest rivals at St Marys - the place they just demolished Huddesfield 5-0. I strongly suspect they will win the majority of those games - and that means we could have the opportunity to extend our lead at the top.

Anyone agree?

[quote user="TheGoogler"]

It doesn''t really matter what others do as long as we keep winning - but if we''re looking for a little helping hand, I say we can look at Southampton.

They are still to play Leeds (H), Swindon (H), MK Dons (A), Charlton (H) and Carlisle (H). That''s a lot of our nearest rivals at St Marys - the place they just demolished Huddesfield 5-0. I strongly suspect they will win the majority of those games - and that means we could have the opportunity to extend our lead at the top.

Anyone agree?

[/quote]Southampton are the best team in this league. If there''s anyone we can hope to take points from our rivals, it''s them.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="TheGoogler"]

Anyone agree?

[/quote]Southampton are the best team in this league. If there''s anyone we can hope to take points from our rivals, it''s them.[/quote]Agree with JTG. On the website ''football 365'' if you go to ''form over last 8 games'' in league 1. Millwall are top with 21 points, City are second in 18 and the Saints are 3rd with 16. Interesting to note that Saints are level with Colly WHO!? and Swindon Town in terms of points gained.

Anyone agree?

[/quote]

Southampton are the best team in this league. If there''s anyone we can hope to take points from our rivals, it''s them.
[/quote]

They may be on form but it''s ridiculous to suggest a team that would still be 10 points away from the playoff before their points deduction is any better than us.

They might be the form team. Nothing to suggest they''re the best.

Anyone agree?

[/quote]

Southampton are the best team in this league. If there''s anyone we can hope to take points from our rivals, it''s them.
[/quote]

They may be on form but it''s ridiculous to suggest a team that would still be 10 points away from the playoff before their points deduction is any better than us.

Anyone agree?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally disagree.  If they had started the season with their current squad and no points deduction they would be top of the table now.  By far the best squad in the league, its just lucky its not their season.

Some of these comments are ridiculous! We are 5 points clear at the top of the league and yet posters are making a case for a team, 28 points behind us in mid-table, to be the best team! Norwich City are the best team in this league. I wouldn''t say the league table never lies but it certainly doesn''t tell whoppers like are being suggested here[;)]

[quote user="ref89"]Totally disagree.  If they had started the season with their current squad and no points deduction they would be top of the table now.  By far the best squad in the league, its just lucky its not their season.[/quote]But they did get the deduction, and they didn''t have that squad........... [8-)]

more to the point how can a club buy a £1m player stright after coming out of administration!

[quote user="ref89"]Totally disagree.  If they had started the season with their current squad and no points deduction they would be top of the table now.  By far the best squad in the league, its just lucky its not their season.
[/quote]

Of course, they signed Otsy from us, which surely pushed the quality of their squad way above ours.  [:D]

[quote user="ref89"]Totally disagree.  If they had started the season with their current squad and no points deduction they would be top of the table now.  By far the best squad in the league, its just lucky its not their season.[/quote]Totally irrelevant. (A) Neither of those things happened. (B) You have no metric to measure whether they are ''by far the best squad in the league''. (C) It''s not luck, it''s just what happened.

Some people are a bit deluded, just because we have not had much luck against them does not make them the best team in the division. Saying that I''m glad that they are playing a few of our close rivals in the run-in.

southampton spent in january is why they haven''t been as good all season, also having 10 points deducted makes it hard to motivate the players now play offs are in there sights it drives the players on....

The point about paying £1 million for a player just a month after coming out of administration is a very good point. I wonder how many businesses went bust and people lost jobs as a result of the Saints going into administration?

About time that sort of behaviour was stopped.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

The point about paying £1 million for a player just a month after coming out of administration is a very good point. I wonder how many businesses went bust and people lost jobs as a result of the Saints going into administration?

About time that sort of behaviour was stopped.

[/quote]In this case probably none went out of business, because the new owner paid off all Southampton''s debts, which amounted to £30m.