Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

How to beat Huddersfield

They are reminding me a little of us back in our play-off season in the champ. FCR was a true fortress that season, but we were always susceptible to the odd trouncing away from home. Usually ''cos we didn''t cope well with teams coming on to us.

So Lambert has the right idea - go out and take the game to them, play like the home side.

3-4 away win anyone!?

That sounds like how we got beat by Southampton.. they played like the home side! That said we went to Leeds at elland road and kept them pushed back to the edge of their area for 80 minutes by coming at them at their own place which they didnt like at all! Hope we go up there next week and tack it too them!

[quote user="a1canary"]They are reminding me a little of us back in our play-off season in the champ. FCR was a true fortress that season, but we were always susceptible to the odd trouncing away from home. Usually ''cos we didn''t cope well with teams coming on to us. So Lambert has the right idea - go out and take the game to them, play like the home side. 3-4 away win anyone!?[/quote]

simple answer is to score more goals than them, keep all 11 players on the pitch

To be honest if you were going to go for it this would be the game to do it. If we lost it would''nt be the end of the world as they can''t catch us. And we are testament to the fact a good away run has to end at some point.  Maybe keep it tight at Swindon as a draw would be an excellent result.

Watching the Soton goals, crosses into the box aimed at Holt. Step up the MacNamee ("he looks f**king quick to me... [8] )

Coming on to any team at their place will make them panic as the emphasis is on them to come out at us.  However as they are the home side it could either work wonderfully well and we do what Southampton did to us or it will become really open and become a high scoring game in which anyone could win.

We will come on to them though as that is Lamberts way of doing things, and if we didn''t our defence of R.Martin Doherty Nelson Rose is not strong enough to handle their attack and we will get trounced about 5-0![:D]

I expect a 2-2 draw though.