Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

How many Norwich players could/should get into the League One team of the season?

Are there better players in their positions in this league than ,

Forster,Drury,Askou?,Russell,Hoolahan,Holt,Martin?

I suppose there are various obvious candidates at other clubs i.e Lambert,Beckford,Shelvey,Bailey but could anyone take a stab at the potential ''League One team of the season''?

Well Fraser would be a definite for anyone who has watched him this season. He''s probably the outstanding goalkeeper outside the Premier League, fortunately for us Harper and Krul have a little bit of seniority on him at Newcastle but he''s a better ''keeper than either of them.

I''m yet to see a better defender than the Doc either, so he''d be in.

Adam Drury has been top notch.

Rusty is probably there or thereabouts.

We all know what Grant Holt has done this season, his goal tally speaks for itself.

And then finally there''s Hoolahan who is the best footballer in the league and you can tell that all the other sides know it as well.

Drury would prob miss out due to not having played enough.

You could add the Doc to that list.

Doc and Hoolahan should make it both probably the best in the league for their positions. Russel, Smith, Dury, Martin and Holt could all make it provided thier form carries on to the end of the season.

GK Smithies - Huddersfield LB - Adam Drury CB - Kisnorbro - LeedsCB - DocRB - ???RM - Lallana - SouthamptonCM - Russell CM - Bailey - CharltonLM - Snodgrass - LeedsST - Lambert -SouthamtonST- Barnard - Southend / Southampton

Lambert and Barnard simply because they have more league goals than Holt

[quote user="The Duke"]GK Smithies - Huddersfield

LB - Adam Drury

CB - Kisnorbro - Leeds

CB - Doc

RB - ???

RM - Lallana - Southampton

CM - Russell

CM - Bailey - Charlton

LM - Snodgrass - Leeds

ST - Lambert -Southamton

ST- Barnard - Southend / Southampton

Lambert and Barnard simply because they have more league goals than Holt

[/quote]

no Hoolahan?, best player in the whole division !?

ps haven''t seen much of the GK Smithies, but he''d have to be good to be ahead of Forster!

Only reason no Hoolahan is i went for a flat 442 rather than the dimond. I agree he is the best player in the league though.

[quote user="The Duke"]Only reason no Hoolahan is i went for a flat 442 rather than the dimond. I agree he is the best player in the league though.[/quote]

From memory when the PFA announce these divisional teams of the season, they seem to pay little regard to positional sense where the midfield is concerned , they tend to just pick the 4 best midfielders?

[quote user="The Duke"]Only reason no Hoolahan is i went for a flat 442 rather than the dimond. I agree he is the best player in the league though.[/quote]

I agree the league 1 team is picked on a 442 so presuming they genuinely pick the best player in each position Hoolahan would not be in the team. If however we win the league and he wins League 1 player of the year ( or even comes in top 3 ) they may change the rules to accomodate him.

Based on awards / nominations for the season you would also have to consider Chris Martin above Grant Holt assuming thats how it works. In reallity we would do very well to get a forward in more likely midfielders and defenders.

One other award one of our players should get is young player of the year. We have good candidates here - Korey Smith - Chris Martin - Fraser Forster

It''ll look something like this I''d imagine           Smithies/Forster???? Kisnorbo Doherty DrurySnodgrass Bailey Lallana/Shelvey HoolahanBeckford/Holt Barnard/Lambert

I wouldn''t be surprised if austin or paynter are challenging as well plus the forgotten man Ian Harte hasn''t he scored like 14 goals this season something crazy

Time will tell, Your life is a pretty high price to wager though. I would wish death on many people. Perhaps you may agree to some kind of forfeit if Doc does get in?

[quote user="tom1902"]Doherty will not be in the team off the year fact no arguements I would bet my life on it[/quote]

And your reason behind that statement is ???

Doherty is, afterall, first choice centreback at the club that''s top of the league so it would seem a little silly to rule him out.

For me, it''d be something like this :GK - Ince (Walsall)LB - Drury (Norwich)CB - Doherty (Norwich) CB - Kisnorbo (Leeds)  RB - Naylor (Leeds)LM - Hoolahan (Norwich)CM - Russell (Norwich) CM - Bailey (Charlton)RM - Snodgrass (Leeds) ST - Lambert (Southampton) ST - Holt (Norwich)Subs :Johnson

(Leeds), Forster (Norwich), Lallana (Southampton), Beckford (Leeds),

Kilkenny (Leeds), Martin (Norwich), Pilkington (Huddersfield).

Holt and Hoolahan will be in the team.  Forster got one hell of a shout for it but I don''t know to much about the other keepers in theis league.  Russel has also got a shout but I also doubt him as does Drury but he hasn''t plyed enough.  As for Doc, I highly doubt it.

[quote user="GJP"]Doherty is, afterall, first choice centreback at the club that''s top of the league so it would seem a little silly to rule him out.[/quote]And while peforming his defensive duties well, he''s managed 7 or 8 goals this season too.I truly am one of his biggest critics when i believe him to be performing below par, and i still regularly criticise some of his play, but this season he has been a credit to the side.

[quote user="The Duke"]Time will tell, Your life is a pretty high price to wager though. I would wish death on many people. Perhaps you may agree to some kind of forfeit if Doc does get in?[/quote]

what kind of forfeit were you suggesting