Sign in to follow this  

Thought about this last night when watching Late Kick Off.

It looks like Forster will be going back to the toon as he has played so well for us this season and they will not sell him.

It also looks like we are going to swap leagues with peterborough (again!)... Would you have Joe Lewis back as a replacement as Peterborough will sell him if relegated??

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yes, but we probably can''t afford him[/quote]

if we did would we negotiate a sell on on our sell on?

Well i know for a fact that he didnt want to leave the club, when the rat shipped him off..... So never say never.... the only thing i would say is that Joe Lewis is now worth a lot more money than we recieved for him, i think around £600,000. A club like Peterborough will be looking to make a profit on Joe Lewis, in fact i think when they played Spurs in the F.A. cup Barry Fry went into the Spurs dressing room and offered Joe Lewis to them at around 3 million!!!!!

This has come up a few times on here already. General themes have been.

1. Too expensive. Bid of around £3 million being talks about. Dunno if thats true but hope so as we would get a nice little sell on.

2. Good keeper but perhaps a little overated. Has made some blinding saves but also some big errors too.

3. We have Declan Rudd and Jed Steer. To excellent young keepers who are just as good as Lewis was at that age so why waste limited funds?

4. Forster has Tim Krul and Steve Harper in front him and Newcastle don''t want to sell him. It would make sense for him to come back here on loan next season and develop his game further. At this time Rudd should be ready to step in.

Hes going to a premiership team so the money we get on the sell on can be used to buy our new goalkeeper. The goalkeeper we should have signed and kept was Lee Camp - in my opinion better than Lewis. We probably need somebody experienced to allow Rudd to develop or strangely Rudd will become the next Lewis.

I agree a loan move next season to us would be ideal, i think by the sounds of it he likes the area and enjoys playing in front of a big crowd week in week out!!!!

Newcastle wont let him go, it will be up to him if he want to go there and fight the other Keepers for a 1st team place......

5. How could I have forgotten as well. We still have Michael Theoklitos at the club! Cool [H]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

I agree a loan move next season to us would be ideal, i think by the sounds of it he likes the area and enjoys playing in front of a big crowd week in week out!!!!

Newcastle wont let him go, it will be up to him if he want to go there and fight the other Keepers for a 1st team place......

[/quote]

With the exception of when we have a midweek game I beleive Forster spends 3 days a week in Newcastle training with them. I maybe wrong but I am sure this is the case

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

[/quote]

I could''nt see Fraser being trusted by Newcastle in the Premier League just yet. My one criticism of the lad is that his kicking still occassionally goes on the blink like it did at Oldham a few times. However the quality of his shot stopping and command of his area are already as good as some in the top flight I reckon.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Find that hard to believe, distance probably would hinder that!!![/quote]It would also make no sense in terms of game preparation and training with the defence... if this was the case, our defenders would seem like strangers to him and his performances would be more akin to those of David Marshall.......

Its true he spends a couple days up at Newcastle when we dont have a midweek game working with their coaches. I assume Rudd and Steer train with the first team during this time and Theoklitos cleans the bogs.

well hopfully joe is sold to a prem side for a bit meaning with get a % we have already got 700k from him and an''t there a clause if we get premoted with sammy clingan, and hopfully green get sold then some more money. would we get anything from ashton i herd he sueing england? any news or thoughts on that

well even rudd or steer will be sold in the future and i hear steer is better , has norwich got a thing with goal keepers

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"]

This has come up a few times on here already. General themes have been.

1. Too expensive. Bid of around £3 million being talks about. Dunno if thats true but hope so as we would get a nice little sell on.

2. Good keeper but perhaps a little overated. Has made some blinding saves but also some big errors too.

3. We have Declan Rudd and Jed Steer. To excellent young keepers who are just as good as Lewis was at that age so why waste limited funds?

4. Forster has Tim Krul and Steve Harper in front him and Newcastle don''t want to sell him. It would make sense for him to come back here on loan next season and develop his game further. At this time Rudd should be ready to step in.

[/quote]

In total agreement, we would do well to try and get him back on loan, it can only be good for both clubs  

At this stage of the season it looks like Newcastle will go up so will Forster get into a premiership side where he couldn''t get in Newcastles championside side ?, I doubt it 2 decent goalies in front of him.Newcastle were happy to loan him to us as a  division 3 side to progress and we can all now see us back in the Championship next year so it would be a decent stup up for forster to prove himself at a higher level if so Newcastle will have a higher valued asset and we get to keep a decent keeper whilst Judd and Ster are progressing.So a win win situation all roundUnless Newcastle get a decent bid for him they may as well loan him to us again if we get promoted if we don''t or Newcastle stay down that''s a different story.We will go up now it will be a total disaster if we don''t

well they will lose Craig Mackail-Smith Aaron McLean George Boyd anyway so they probly just give joe better wages and keep him its probly harder to find another good goalkeeper than attackers

I personally don''t think he''s as good as forster although his kicking maybe better. When I saw the Peterborough vs Sheff Wed game on the tv recently Lewis was shocking, flapped at every cross and his postional play was poor. I''m not sure he''s as good as people think, although he may become good.

Come back to the original post !! I dont think we want lewis back. Forster is ok , he is free at the end of the season , so make him welcome and you never know. But other posters are right we do have steer,rudd waiting but to be honest we needed them to have a few more 1st teams games , it will be very tough next year.!!!

not sure what other options there are but an untried keeper back in the champs does not given me much confidence,  no matter how talented that pair are.  Forster would be excellent but unattainable or disproportionately expensive compared to the squad strengthening elsewhere.

Loan the Brentford keeper from Arsenal would be an option,  or how about matt Murray for some experience, if he is fit?  

The Brentford Keeper is a great shout...... was awsome at Carrow Road, not just that Brentford fans are raving about him!!!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]The Brentford Keeper is a great shout...... was awsome at Carrow Road, not just that Brentford fans are raving about him!!!![/quote]

He''s owned by Arsenal and they rate him highly...i.e. we can''t afford him!

I think Frazer will agree to stay at Norwich on loan... He''s not going to keep Steve Harper out yet. But I don''t know how good Krul is. But he''ll play here that''s for sure.

We should hang on too Rudd and Steer this time, but I don''t think Rudd is up to Championship level yet!

Rudd and Forster would command basically the same level of fee (1.5 million plus) so we would be better to go with the guy who has played all season out of the two?