Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Reserves vs. Colchester

Who actually saw the game? Apparently Spillane and Askou did well among others... I know it has been going around on the massage board, but who actually saw them play?

After Greeno we seem to have a potential England candidate in Jed Steer. I''ve only seen him play once, and he did not have to do too much in that game. Mate says he''s potentially Englands no. 1. Is this b*****cks or does he have a point?

I thought it was sad to see the attendance figure of only 49 - contrast that with the 900 or so they used to get for the evening games at Carrow Road. I know City have to save money but I''m still not convinced the move to Colney is a good thing.

[quote user="RonDavies"]I thought it was sad to see the attendance figure of only 49 - contrast that with the 900 or so they used to get for the evening games at Carrow Road. I know City have to save money but I''m still not convinced the move to Colney is a good thing.[/quote]

Agree with that, certainly now...The first team''s doing well and people want to see who''s doing well and is on the brink... They''d get more than a 1000 I reckon

[quote user="RonDavies"]I thought it was sad to see the attendance figure of only 49 - contrast that with the 900 or so they used to get for the evening games at Carrow Road. I know City have to save money but I''m still not convinced the move to Colney is a good thing.[/quote]

In fairness to the club I genuinely beleive they are protecting the pitch in view of a horrendous winter, we would not want the 1st team playing on some of the cow fields that we have been seeing. It is not just reserve team games that have been moved. I can speak for the Sunday senior cup which was due to be played this Sunday, to protect the pitch this has been moved until mid - late April. In my opinion everything is being done concentrate on the 1st team and getting out of this league. The last thing we need is to play our remaining home fixtures on a sub standard pitch, it must be remembered that conditions for football pitches this winter have been absoloutely horrendous, so in this situation I must say fair play to Paul Lambert assuming it is him that made the decision to move the games to Colney 

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

In fairness to the club I genuinely beleive they are protecting the pitch in view of a horrendous winter, we would not want the 1st team playing on some of the cow fields that we have been seeing. It is not just reserve team games that have been moved. I can speak for the Sunday senior cup which was due to be played this Sunday, to protect the pitch this has been moved until mid - late April. In my opinion everything is being done concentrate on the 1st team and getting out of this league. The last thing we need is to play our remaining home fixtures on a sub standard pitch, it must be remembered that conditions for football pitches this winter have been absoloutely horrendous, so in this situation I must say fair play to Paul Lambert assuming it is him that made the decision to move the games to Colney 

[/quote]

Spot on! The sunday senior cup final has been put back to a Wednesday now. The reason was because of the big run we have coming up they didnt want to harm the pitch.