Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

England v Egypt

Rooney has just shown why he should be captain.And when are we going to get a manager who has the balls to drop either Lampard or Gerrard from the starting 11? They simply shouldn''t start in the same team.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

should we take james to the world cup? 38 year old! [:O]

[/quote]

Yes he can make the tea at half time

Shyster, a near perfect qualifying campaign suggests otherwise regarding Lampard and Gerrard...

Suppose one is dropped, who you gonna play on the left? Downing (unproven and inconsistent) or Joe Cole (still not match fit)

Last time Defoe played he was pulled off at half time.I think this is taking pampering players too far.

why has capello not gone with his ''1st'' team but a team of reserves apart from about 5 players!?

its not helping the players before a world cup!

Nana, he has selected the best team possible, Ferdinand, Johnson and A Cole are injured, who else do you wanna play? Heskey, Downing, give Beckham another easy cap, Gary Neville, Shilton, Lineker?

Oh my Banana, you really do take the biscuit.Just put that in one bloody post, not 5!Average performance so far.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Shyster, a near perfect qualifying campaign suggests otherwise regarding Lampard and Gerrard...

Suppose one is dropped, who you gonna play on the left? Downing (unproven and inconsistent) or Joe Cole (still not match fit)[/quote]

Hardly stiff opposition in the qualifiers - look what happened in the Spain friendly.I''d field Milner on the left.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]But Bridge is crap and Terry is world class.[/quote]

... and Bridge has made his own decision not to go. A real man would have turned up IMO.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="jed exodous"]Shyster, a near perfect qualifying campaign suggests otherwise regarding Lampard and Gerrard...

Suppose one is dropped, who you gonna play on the left? Downing (unproven and inconsistent) or Joe Cole (still not match fit)[/quote]

Hardly stiff opposition in the qualifiers - look what happened in the Spain friendly.I''d field Milner on the left.[/quote]Or Adam Johnson??? Better than Downing anyway. Would have Milner instead of Lampard.

Probably why your not a manager then...

Milner is not a left midfielder. Spain are the best team in the world, winning 2-0 against France atm,

[quote user="jed exodous"]Probably why your not a manager then...

Milner is not a left midfielder. Spain are the best team in the world, winning 2-0 against France atm,[/quote]

Milner is equally good with both feet and we have to be preparing a more settled eleven with the World Cup just around the corner.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Adam Johnson isn''t in the squad...[/quote]And .... ? Drop some of these so called world class players like Gerrard and Lampard to the bench. Walcott on the right, Johnson on the left, Barry and Milner in the middle.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Terry - World Class?!?!!?? LOLNowhere near mate, personal problems or not.[/quote]He would probably play better if people weren''t booing him.Judge him on his football, not on what he does off the field.

[quote user="morty"]Last time Defoe played he was pulled off at half time.

I think this is taking pampering players too far.
[/quote]

[:D]Well I liked it !!

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="jed exodous"]Adam Johnson isn''t in the squad...[/quote]And .... ? Drop some of these so called world class players like Gerrard and Lampard to the bench. Walcott on the right, Johnson on the left, Barry and Milner in the middle.[/quote]

Good call [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Captain Controversy"]Terry - World Class?!?!!?? LOLNowhere near mate, personal problems or not.[/quote]He would probably play better if people weren''t booing him.Judge him on his football, not on what he does off the field.[/quote]

Precisely.I feel ashamed to call myself an Englishman tonight.And not just because we''re losing to a bunch of camel-jockeys.

Leave it out mate, they would get destroyed, barely a dozen european games between them as well as only 50 caps, with Barry having won about 30 of them.

Milner is a good player, but not good enough boss a midfield in a world cup.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Captain Controversy"]Terry - World Class?!?!!?? LOL

Nowhere near mate, personal problems or not.
[/quote]

He would probably play better if people weren''t booing him.

Judge him on his football, not on what he does off the field.
[/quote]

I think the media have put the team back at least 5 years, glad I''m going to Kenya and not Johannasburg.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Captain Controversy"]Terry - World Class?!?!!?? LOL

Nowhere near mate, personal problems or not.
[/quote]

He would probably play better if people weren''t booing him.

Judge him on his football, not on what he does off the field.
[/quote]

What if he was a paedo?

Terry has been poor for the last 4 or 5 games now but he is still a hell of a lot better than Lescott, Upson, Shawcross, Campbell, Woodgate, King... JT and Rio are our best centre backs