Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

England v Egypt

Hoping for a solid performance from the boys for at least an hour or so. Greeno starting which is a massive boost for him. The no 1 shirt is still up for grabs, reckon the 3 who go will be Green, James and Hart, but in all honesty, this is probably our weakest area of the team.

Baines in at left back, be interesting to see if he can step up and have an influence on the game, has always been a solid player but similar to Warnock, someone who never makes the headlines. Hopefully Cole will be fit...

JT, what sort of reaction will he get? Positive if possible, would be a shame to hear England players being booed again like 3 or 4 years ago.

Exciting to see Rooney and Defoe up top, both having excellent seasons and will cause any defence problems, but can 2 small strikers play together?

Tonight should hopefully give us a few answers and set us up nicely for June.

Come on England...

I will watch with a certain morbid interest but frankly friendlies seem a little pointless to me.  One thing I have enjoyed about being in division 1 is no call-off''s for international friendlies.  Sorry to be a moody middle aged git and of course I want England to win. Ps, come on Robert Green, always good to see him play.

Friendlies can be pointless, but there are 5 or 6 players with points to prove, Green, Terry, Baines, Walcott, Defoe, also just spotted Wes Brown playing, so there goes the clean sheet, plus bugger all else on the box tonight...

Yep I suppose so and your spot about nothing else being on, it''s a nice midweek distraction i suppose.

John ''nice guy'' Terry, Cashley Cole, diving Stevie G, Wayne ''always a blue'' Rooney, Fat Lampard, Rio ''memory'' Ferdinand. I''m sorry. I''m English and I have never given less of a toss than I do now about the England football team.

Does that make me unpatriotic? Perhaps, but I can''t cheer for that lot. The only ones I have any time for are Green and Crouch. Can''t imagine why. 

Ok, dont watch then, enjoy relocation, relocation or masterchef. This group of players are by no means a bunch of saints, but they are still representing my country and i will be cheering them on regardless of their private lifes.

Do you work for a newspaper/television by any chance as well Matthias?

Boo''s for JT then, expected, hope they get it all out of the system tonight and then move on... The whole story is boring now, boo tonight and have your view, but ultimately this guy will be representing us in June and if we are to stand any chance they need to get behind him.

[quote user="jed exodous"]ultimately this guy will be representing us in June and if we are to stand any chance they need to get behind him.[/quote]Surely if that was true, away teams would never win football matches?

You know what i mean, enough has been written about the whole issue, its time to get behind the team and do our bit. Been a decent start so far, Lampard should''ve scored.

Unable to fit all hat guff into 1 post nana? Gerrard should be captain if he performed for England more regularly like he performs for Liverpool. The number of games he has had where he has been our match winner is in single figures baring in mind he has 70 odd caps.

I do agree that Rio shouldn''t be captain. If its not Terry (who i think it should still be but understand why hes not) then it should be either Gerrard, Rooney or Barry,

As i type, 1-0 Egypt, porr defending

[quote user="jed exodous"]You know what i mean, enough has been written about the whole issue, its time to get behind the team and do our bit. Been a decent start so far, Lampard should''ve scored.[/quote]Yes, but it is difficult to let it go when it is the guy who got cheated on who''s been booed by 40000 people and is not going to the world cup. The cheater is going to the world cup and cheering him tonight would be hideous.

Bridges own decision though, which i''m sure he''ll live to regret. Can understand why he made the decision, but hes not a big loss to England.

As i said, fans should boo all they want tonight and get it out of their system, but to boo in a major tournament would be ridiculous, whats done is done.

Also am i right in thinking that Bridge wasn''t cheated on because he wasn''t with the schlag who Terry slept with...