Sign in to follow this  
T07

Cedric Anselin

I was contacted recently by someone who knows Cedric and gave me the following info. I wanted to look into it further and confirm a couple of things but I just haven''t had the time. If anyone can correct or add info I''d be grateful ... I''d like to see hi given another go especially if he''s toughened up a bit - he seemed a bit lightweight but had a lot of talent from what I saw of him in the ''dark days''

Cedric''s fiancé’s father owns a caravan site in Norfolk so he''s living there at the mo.
He was playing for Rushden and Diamonds for a month or so just mainly to be playing. Then he went to play for some foreign team (Bolivia I think) and couldn''t handle the altitude there. Also the fans were horrendous. If the team won they were treated like kings if they lost they literally had to run for their lives.
Then he got malaria, and was sent home. He came back to England but couldn''t get a trial anywhere.
He was going for a trial in Mexico but then turned it down for his girlfriend and is now back to looking for a team in Europe.

He was trained originally by the best in Bordeaux and is totally committed to football and the fans of any team he''s contracted to but I think he''s been very let down by the powers that be.

Currently seeking a trial in Oslo.

Sounds about right to me. I know he is still in the area coz his fiance is a sprowston girl and from what i remember her father does have something to do with a caravan park. Havn''t seen her for a while but last time i did cedric was having a trial with a scottish team. Nice bloke, nice fiance, and given more time im sure he could have done a job for us.

I think he was a better player than some in the squad at the moment and he was not given a enough games. Something must have happened off the pitch to stop him getting in the team. I did hear that he smoked which if true would not have helped his cause.
If a player is desperate to resurrect thier career then I''m sure they would take a trial or train with a team with no conditions attached. If he or anyone else seemed worth a go they could always play on a non contract basis as Mike Channon did for a couple of years or more.