Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Cody signs new deal!!

Never gonna be good enough at championship level and above and isn''t as young as people like to think, not a good deal for me! all very well having a player that trys hard but if he cant cut the mustard then whats the point?

Let''s be honest, apart from his first few games in the Chumpionship he hasn''t really been a star has he? Against Millwall away when he had a decent time on the pitch he didn''t look too impressive. A few crucial goals for the reserves, but again he hasn''t stood out as being impressive whenever he''s played this season. I like the guy, down to earth and a trier, but I agree with DDDirtbox, I don''t think he''s ever going to make it above lower Championship standard. If he''s on relatively modest wages probably the right thing to give him a new deal. 

Dr Ink, he has hardly had a massive run of games, I remember our game against Reading last season he started and played really well in fact Reading''s central defender should of been sent off.....

Think he would be a great asset to the football club, good super sub!!!!

Well done Cody.....

[quote user="adycanary"]

He''s not in team at mo because he is injured, It is excellent news, really is one for the future, I remember a few weeks ago, the same people who are saying excellent were saying he was not good enough while a few of us on here were praising him up, oh well normal fickle forum types.

Good luck Cody, keep up good work....

[/quote]

Of course you meant Squad...

It''s not like he was offered another contract as Lambert thought he was good enough (which he might), the amount of games he has played has triggered a clause in his contract giving him an extension.

I must admit I don''t think he is good enough to cut it at a higher level, his movement off the ball is generally a little poor and his technique is fantastic. It''s true he has that eye for goal, but is certainly not better than Johnson. Hopefully he will get a season long loan next year and play every week, this will give everyone a chance to really judge his ability.

Everyone says he has a lot of potential, but as he is now coming up to 23 he has to start turning that potential into results. It''s funny as when he or Johnson come off the bench they do really well, but neither has really shined when starting a game.

[quote user="City1st"]Another confirmation that Lambert and the club are building for the future and looking long term. However effective or not the loanees were, it always smacked of fire fighting. Throwing in players to fill in the gaps, avoid relegation etc With Daley Francomb, Adeyemi breaking through it does look good. We just need to keep the players who want to play for us and see a future here, not the next signing fee.[/quote]

Are you sure it`s not just cos he`s cheap City 1st.  Blimey, I`m  please he`s staying but I wouldnt classify it as confirmation we are building for the future!

Thats good news, has showed again why he is here, he just deserves a go at it, maybe a months loan would benifit him?

Darts fan here, Glad Cody has signed an extension to his contract. I think that he will do well he is still only young and no dought with the Management team you have in place he will progress.

If he does not loan him back to us

Good Luck for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Never gonna be good enough at championship level and above and isn''t as young as people like to think, not a good deal for me! all very well having a player that trys hard but if he cant cut the mustard then whats the point?[/quote]I sort of agree to be honest. Cody gets cut an awful lot of slack because he''s keen and everyone likes to see a player plucked from non-league doing well. But he''s failed to make much of an impact this season and even found himself behind Cureton in the pecking order at one stage. I''d really like him to do well but I don''t think he''ll ever make it.

Well I quite rate him, great to come off the bench, pace gives defenders something else to think about. Done well in the games I''ve seen him in, Walsall, did brilliantly (and made a mug of Rose) to set up our third against Stockport, good for him!