Sign in to follow this  
ASHTONS DAD SIMMO

LOVING IT BUT ALSO A BIT NERVOUS

Sitting pretty at the top - YES. A few wins off of making it almost impossible not to go up - YES. Not bothered if we win the title or finish second as long a we get out of this league - YES. Starting to get a little nervous - DEFINATELY.

I for one am loving this season and have been at many games despite not being a seson ticket holder and also playing a fairly decent standard myself. Initially I was close to finding the nearest high bridge when we lost at Charlton, but every cloud!!

I would love to see Lambert bring in a couple of decent loan signings (a central midfield tackler and a decent left back or extra striker to ensure we go up. We took the gamble to keep Huckerby when we were being chased in the Championship a few years back and surely the gamble now would be a small one. The wages for a couple of players would be minimal for a return to the Championship!!

After watching us against Southampton, who were a big physical side, I felt that their captain, Dean Hammond bossed proceedings and we certainly didn''t copete in themiddle against Southend (without Rusty) Ijust feel that we need a Damien Francis, Dickson Etuhu, Papa Bouba Diop, Dean Hammond character in the team at times.

SIMMO

[quote user="ASHTONS DAD SIMMO"]Sitting pretty at the top - YES. A few wins off of making it almost impossible not to go up - YES. Not bothered if we win the title or finish second as long a we get out of this league - YES. Starting to get a little nervous - DEFINATELY.

I for one am loving this season and have been at many games despite not being a seson ticket holder and also playing a fairly decent standard myself. Initially I was close to finding the nearest high bridge when we lost at Charlton, but every cloud!!

I would love to see Lambert bring in a couple of decent loan signings (a central midfield tackler and a decent left back or extra striker to ensure we go up. We took the gamble to keep Huckerby when we were being chased in the Championship a few years back and surely the gamble now would be a small one. The wages for a couple of players would be minimal for a return to the Championship!!

After watching us against Southampton, who were a big physical side, I felt that their captain, Dean Hammond bossed proceedings and we certainly didn''t copete in themiddle against Southend (without Rusty) Ijust feel that we need a Damien Francis, Dickson Etuhu, Papa Bouba Diop, Dean Hammond character in the team at times.

SIMMO[/quote]WOWW

Keep the Faith, Simmo.

We can''t be complacent, but even with a few losses we will probably still make it. Save the money for a Premiership push in a couple of years.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Keep the Faith, Simmo.

We can''t be complacent, but even with a few losses we will probably still make it. Save the money for a Premiership push in a couple of years.

[/quote]

Like your way of thinking Dr Ink!!