I would love to see crouch back at carrow road. it said on bbc sport that he is top of worthy''s shopping list in january. Who wants to see hm back also?

don''t want him either. he won''t solve our problems, and he isn''t any better than McKenzie or Svensson imho.

No thank you - dont think he was exactly prolific whilst on loan and dont think he would be prolific if he came back.  No better than the average striker.  For some reason and I dont know what it is some people seem to be obsessed with Crouch.  It would only open up the option of us keep on hitting the long ball to him and that is what we need to get out of and keep it on the ground.   

he''s not the answer he won''t be a 20 a season scorer even with a good midfield and like amo said he would be too expensive

Not if the signing is to have the aim of improving the squad and to try and save us from relegation.

If its for a season in the championship then thats a different matter, but then the strike force we already have can deliver there so why waste the money.

OTBC

Hell NO!

Not at all.  How many cracks has he at the Premiership?  Plenty.  Why blow £1M or whatever Southampton want on him

Also, why would Saints sell to us?  It would be unlikely for a relegation threatened club to sell a striker to another relegation threatened club

I don''t understand why everyone loves him so much, he didn''t even manage a goal every three games in Div 1! Can''t see how he would improve our chances of staying up.

I certainly would love to see Crouch back at city. He does so much more in a game than what people give him credit for. The team looked complete with him last season. The way we play football suits him. He needs good players around him and thats one thing he has not got at Southampton. There is obviously something missing in the city team at the moment, he could be the missing link. OTBC

Ha ha ha haaaa ha haaaaaaa!!!!!!!

"He needs good players around him."

So Kenton, Phillips, Svensson (no, not that one), Fernandes and Delap are not good enough for him, but Mulryne, Holt, Edworthy and MacKenzie are?

Crouch back in our team would be a great move!!

He plays well with the team!! (Proven!!)

He supplies a hell of a lot of attacks as his height allows him to ACTUALLY CHALLENGE IN THE AIR (Stand up SVENSSON!!), this also provides an outlet for defensive clearances!!

He has an abundance of quality at his feet which allows him to hold the ball up and he can begin to lay the ball off to our wingers and frontmen, which have not yet been able to do this season!! 

When he came on for Southampton through his quality on the ball looked to be their best player on the day!!

And he also wants to play for us and gets on with the whole team, so you could not doubt his commitment!!

Anyone who says Crouch shouldn''t come to Norwich is a nut case!!!!

Is there any way the moderators can stop processing these Bring back Crouch forums? He is not what we need and would be another waste of money.

While we''re at it, why don''t we ask Portsmouth for Kevin Harper - ten we can really live on last seasons memories!

Crouch, great help as he was last season, is not the answer: it''s been posted many times by others but his presence would make it even easier for us to hoof the aerial long ball forward even more than we do now. Why can''t we play passing football again?!! It truly shows the pundits don''t know what they''re talking about as they all still label us with that tag!

Stan the Man states that Crouch needs good players around him and that is not what Southampton have got.  Sorry Stan but we have not exactly set the Premiership on fire with our ''good players'' have we.  From what I have seen we are no better than a top six Championship team ourselves so maybe we should look a little closer to home when discussing teams with no ''good players''.

To all the geinuses commenting on Crouch''s failure in the premiership it may be worth pointing out that he hasn''t actually started a game for southampton.

And why has he not started a game for Southampton I ask myself - because he cant cut the cloth thats why. 

Oh and yes I think it would be great if he came back.All this it would lead to route one nonsense.Everyone knows he''s better with his feet.

I AM A CERTIFIED NUTCASE...

NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO,NO, NO, NO, NO.

Is that clear enough. It would however show Worthington up for the type of manager/coach that he is if he really is top of the shopping list...

He''s good with his feet, and gives us an aerial option, plus we''ve seen him before so it would''nt be so much of a gamble for big money- for around 1.5 mil he would be a GOOD signing.

OTBC!

Totally agree.The reason he hasn''t played much for Soton is 1)He has got to get past a 20 goal a season striker 2)He got injured at the same time as Beattie and missed 8 weeks.His first game back was against us.But don''t let all that logic and truth get in the way of the ''he''s rubbish''numpties.

Barclay Kid and Crouch devotees, here are a number of questions for you:

How many goals did Crouch score for us last season?

Can you please explain why he was dropped from the Villa side and consistently failed to score anything other than the odd goal after his big bucks move to Villa? Did he have a row with Deadly Doug or is he just c**p?

So he''s good with his feet is he? The same could be said for Rob Rosario and Darren Beckford, Efan Ekoku and similar big blokes up front...

Can you all explain why Crouch looks so great playing in the lower leagues but mysteriously fails to cut it whenever he''s in the Premiership? Is is because he''s not Premiership quality?

And as for my comments on Worthy''s coaching etc - If you have read other threads that I have posted recently, you will see that I have a fair idea that Worthy''s "up and at ''em" philosophy has been rumbled by at least one player who should know his coaching - yes, Mr David "Ave it" Bentley!

Oh and as for who we should go for - well that''s surely up to the board and the manager, I know who I would like but hey, we''ve only got buttons - pay peanuts and you get monkeys...! Loan signings would be a far better option - it has worked wonders for the likes of Bolton, Birmingham & Pompey in their hours of need - correct me if I''m wrong, but weren''t Brum in a similar position to us in their first season back? And didn''t some exceptional loan signings help them out?

I would have Crouch back but not for silly money. I think a Paul Merson type player to run the midfield would be a better bet but are there any available that we can afford. Chris Marsden was a very good buy for Southamton a few years back but most of the time when you don''t pay much you don''t get much.

Plastic scouser,

was Huckerby consistantly dropped from the teams he played for? Did he score prolifically before he signed for us? Did he look good in the lower leagues and couldn''t quite cut it in the prem?

As for loan signings, aren''t you only allowed two a season? if so, is there one inspirational player that we could attract on loan for the rest of the season?

I dont look at Crouch as a Thierry Henry, but he could be the missing link who can complete a potentially good team!!