Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Link to radio interview with Lambert

Lambert from that interview does seem to be the complete opposite to Gunn. He has that fire and distance from the players that ensures they respect him. They may have had the day off on Monday but I find it interesting that he said he was in Glasgow on Monday. This ties in with the fact that I have heard he sometimes skips training to maintain that distance from the players. He just allows the coaches to coach.

I think his attitude to the Celtic also shows one of great realism and shows he has his head firmly screwed on. He has done very well at league 1 level but clearly realises he has a long way to go before being a top flight manager. He is a hero at Celtic and realises the poteintial impact that failure there could have on his life in Glasgow where he has lived all his life. Failue was something Gunn just didnt seem to consider. The job represented an ego trip for Gunny I think.

I think that''s unfair to say the job was an ego trip for Gunn.

It was just a massive temptation that he couldn''t resist. It''s a bit like a junior manager being offered a huge promotion to director or ceo. It''d be difficult to turn down and he knew if he got it right he could have a career in management. I just don''t think he thought hard enough about the consequences if he got it wrong.