Sign in to follow this  
linco88

Dickov signs for Leeds

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]There''s an argument that Dickov sent us down from the Premiership. We had been 2-0 up at home to Blackburn (who were down to 10 men) and Dickov shouldered the ball in for the equaliser with a minute or so to go. A crucial two points dropped, although the real blame lies with Worthington, who should have made some tactical changes.[/quote]Remember the game well. I thought Dickov was exceptional that day, a really top quality center forward performance. Past it now and can''t see the logic in it.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]Whats his recent goal scoring record?(He asks, but secretly already knows)

elliot will score more than dickov ... he is younger and hungry to prove himself .

dickov is more than likely to retire soon ,and at a guess just wanting a free meal ticket .

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]

Whats his recent goal scoring record?

(He asks, but secretly already knows)
[/quote]

No idea. The proof will be in the pudding. A punt for a couple of grand a week and a high goal bonus seems like win-win to me.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]Whats his recent goal scoring record?(He asks, but secretly already knows)[/quote]

No idea. The proof will be in the pudding. A punt for a couple of grand a week and a high goal bonus seems like win-win to me.

[/quote]Do you think it is a bit of a gamble too far though?I have heard fans grumbling not only about your manager but also Mr Bates'' stinginess with the purse strings. I personally would be utterly underwhelmed if we signed him.

Even Nels and the Doc can keep him in their pockets! I hope they play him against us to be frank. We made the better signing today.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I can''t even see our Leeds friends getting excited about this one... he was way past his best about four or five years ago![/quote]Norwich City were way past their best four or five years ago! He''ll score a few vital tap ins, and always has the potential to get somebody sent off. If he''s done his homework and hassles Darrell Russell all game then Russell is highly likely to tw*t him.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]one word....DESPERATER!!![/quote]DOH  DESPERATE...edit button pleeeeaaaase[/quote]oh dear lol

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]

Whats his recent goal scoring record?

(He asks, but secretly already knows)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think it is a bit of a gamble too far though?

I have heard fans grumbling not only about your manager but also Mr Bates'' stinginess with the purse strings. I personally would be utterly underwhelmed if we signed him.

[/quote]

Yes, but Bates keeps delighting us Leeds fans by making high-spending lucrative signings like Dickov in the same week that he announces a £60 increase on my Season ticket price. 390 -to 450.

[quote user="batesout MOT"][quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]Whats his recent goal scoring record?(He asks, but secretly already knows)[/quote]

[/quote]Do you think it is a bit of a gamble too far though?I have heard fans grumbling not only about your manager but also Mr Bates'' stinginess with the purse strings. I personally would be utterly underwhelmed if we signed him.

[/quote]

Yes, but Bates keeps delighting us Leeds fans by making high-spending lucrative signings like Dickov in the same week that he announces a £60 increase on my Season ticket price. 390 -to 450.

[/quote]He''s saving all the money for his alleged "war chest" that will be opened in the summer. Or its all going in his back pocket lol, you decide.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]What''s with all this blue? Are you W.I.T.S. in disguise? [^o)]

[quote user="batesout MOT"][quote user="morty"][quote user="batesout MOT"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Isn''t it a bit unfair to blame Bates? It''s not as if he''s the owner of your club!Actually I think you''ll end up finding out it''s P*t*r R*dsd*le...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]What''s with all this blue? Are you W.I.T.S. in disguise? [^o)][/quote]No, he''s an imposter, trying to confuse you.  There''s only room for one of me on this MB! [;)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Proven finisher. He''ll give us another option in the last 10 minutes. Nothing more.[/quote]What''s with all this blue? Are you W.I.T.S. in disguise? [^o)][/quote]No, he''s an imposter, trying to confuse you.  There''s only room for one of me on this MB! [;)][/quote]Insert "fat" joke here.[;)]

Really doesn''t bother me. A 37 year old, 5"5 striker signing for Leeds, what next? They got McShefferey the other week heard nothing of him since. In fact, I can now see Leeds not getting auto if we give them a whoooping on the 27th. [:)]