Sign in to follow this  
linco88

Dickov signs for Leeds

Donno if this has been mentioned but Paul Dickov has signed for Leeds on a short term deal donno what peoples thoughts are? Horrible little bugger probably suits them well!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8517833.stm

To be honest I am not that bothered. I reckon he will only be cover. He will be challenging Beckford for his place as Dickov obviously cant offer the physicality that Becchio can. If Dickov replaces Beckford in the starting lineup then his game really has gone to pot. That can only be good for us

[quote user="First Jedi"]Just when you think you couldn''t dislike something more...[/quote]

Yep, agreed [:)] They''re absolutely perfect for each other aren''t they!

[quote user="Gaylord Bumpkin"]Well and truly past his best before date but a nap to score against us on 27 March unfortunately.[/quote]

But only from a set piece, he''s gone way past his best and I think our back 4 can handle him

I can''t even see our Leeds friends getting excited about this one... he was way past his best about four or five years ago!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I can''t even see our Leeds friends getting excited about this one... he was way past his best about four or five years ago![/quote]You look at his goal scoring record and it becomes difficult to remember when his best was or if he even had one . . . . Of the times I have seen him play he was nothing but a niggling foul mouthed idiot that did nothing but wind people up.

As I said in a different thread about this, it screams despiration from  Leeds.... hoping a punt will kickstart the season again. They loose or draw to brentford on saturday and their fans will start to turn on them!

I have checked out WACCOE and I can report back with opinions ranging from utter disbelief to total apathy.Some opinions recently have put the reason for Leeds slump firmly at the feet of their manager, and looking at the decision to sign a 37 year old striker who has scored a handful of goals in recent seasons he really better hope that this one works out for them.

He''s played for that many clubs now, so when if he scores he has to look at his shirt to see which part of the pitch he celebraites his goal

to be honest ,when i heard he had signed for them i was fairly pleased . past it ,unfit, slow , please pay him against us .

if he can get the better of the doc ..i will eat my hat .

poor signing leeds ........"well done "

And a lot of people here and across football generally had similiar thoughts when we signed an over the hill has been that no one else wanted.

Dion Dublin was a great find who enjoyed an indian summer.

Dickov was a thug but a very effective one who always did well against us.  I am not betting against him making a difference just yet

Saw him at the Ashes Test Match at Edgbaston. He was with Matt Oakley and they spent the day chain-smoking and downing pints of lager, unlike James Milner who just sipped diet coke.

dublin has keept himself fit and a legend ,dickov is a idiot and passed his sell by date .

i would rather have dublin than dickov any day of the week .

It''s John Hartson all over again!

Still, if he only scores one goal in his entire loan spell you just KNOW where it''ll be. Pesky man!

[quote user="singing canary"]

dublin has keept himself fit and a legend ,dickov is a idiot and passed his sell by date .

i would rather have dublin than dickov any day of the week .

[/quote]

I would rather have Dublin than most other veterans but as for Dickov; time will tell.  I hope you are right but I fear that you are wrong.

[quote user="linco88"]Donno if this has been mentioned but Paul Dickov has signed for Leeds on a short term deal donno what peoples thoughts are? Horrible little bugger probably suits them well!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8517833.stm[/quote]

Who gives a shit

There''s an argument that Dickov sent us down from the Premiership. We had been 2-0 up at home to Blackburn (who were down to 10 men) and Dickov shouldered the ball in for the equaliser with a minute or so to go. A crucial two points dropped, although the real blame lies with Worthington, who should have made some tactical changes.

I actually think it''s a pretty good League 1 signing, I''m sure he will score a couple of goals but not a lot.

Also it might be worth sticking a tenner on him to score agaisnt us!