Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Why is Theoklitos still here for?

im guessing hes here because the previous manager wanted his ''number one'' target so much he paid him a wage well beyond what he''s worth and has ever earned beforewould u leave a well paid job if you were paid to do something your not doing, and didnt get the sack for it? lol

[quote user="Titch"]im guessing hes here because the previous manager wanted his ''number one'' target so much he paid him a wage well beyond what he''s worth and has ever earned before[/quote]

Actually it was Crook''s shout.......

From Tribal Football

Former Melbourne Victory goalkeeper Michael Theoklitos has signed a two-year deal with English League One club Norwich City.

The 28-year old ended his time with the A-League champions at the end of last season as he pursued a contract in Europe and the Canaries emerged as the frontrunners.

"Michael has always been the No.1 target this summer, so obviously I''m delighted he''s put pen to paper. Although other clubs were interested in trying to sign Michael he wanted to come and play for us and that is the kind of passion and commitment to Norwich City which I''m looking for in my players," Norwich boss Bryan Gunn said.

"Michael came for a few days with us in March and myself, Paul Crichton, and in fact he will be a massive presence both on the pitch and in the dressing room."

It''s a funny old game innit?

I''ve already posted my own opinion on Theo here: http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2003636/ShowPost.aspxBut as a concise version I feel that he''s a better keeper than he''s been given credit for, but has been a victim of circumstance. He didn''t have a great game against Col U (Being fair who did from our side???), and hasn''t been given a chance since, he''s just been chucked in the reserves and left to rot.Roeder did this to Lappin and now he''s one of the first names on the team sheet, also Lambert dropped Doherty in there and told him he could leave, but due to a spate of injuries Doherty got another chance to impress and hasn''t looked back since.I''ve seen a decent amount of footage of Theo and I can say that''s he''s good enough for this level, and possibly the CCC as well (not Prem however...), but he needs the chance to show it.

He needs to be sent out on loan to get experience of European football. He probably was a good ''keeper back in Australia but I reckon he didn''t find it as tough as he does now, probably because the players he faced weren''t as skilled. With the the exception of Brazil and Argentina, which continent do the best football players come from? - EUROPE. In my opinion I think that a first-choice keeper in Australia would probably be a third-choice in England.

"I''ve seen a decent amount of footage of Theo and I can say that''s he''s good enough for this level, and possibly the CCC as well (not Prem however...), but he needs the chance to show it".

Where exactly have you seen a decent amount of footage of him? Footage leads me to believe you have been on the internet. In his career he has played for the following:

Bulleen Inter Kings

Bulleen Zebras

South Melbourne

Bulleen Zebras

Football Kingz

Blackpool

South Melbourne

Bulleen Zebras

Melbourne Victory

Norwich City

How can you state he is good enough for this division and the Championship. He played two games for Blackpool (Championship Giants!!!) and one for us. You sure you aint a scout?

I’ve made my point about Theo on here before as well. To condemn him after one game is ludicrous. Weren’t the same people who have made their opinion well known about Theo also condemning Nelson?. Things have turned around a bit for him and it could Theo. All professional sports players have poor games, perhaps not as bad as Theo’s first game, but occasionally they do but they still come back, given the chance, to prove people wrong.

There must have been something about him to sign him in the first place. If it was Crook then I think I would trust his judgement above the many people on here who just jump on the bandwagon of ridiculing a poor performance.

As I said, some sports players have very bad first matches but still turn out to be good. Remember Graham Gooch scored a duck in both innings in his first teat match. Did that make him a bad batsman?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I’ve made my point about Theo on here before as well. To condemn him after one game is ludicrous. Weren’t the same people who have made their opinion well known about Theo also condemning Nelson?.  [/quote]

Well seeing as you mention it...

I didn''t like Theo from the start and I said so but I did say that I wouldn''t write off Nelson.

I would honestly play him over Steer, who has been on the bench for like 3 games now?Theo was Australian A league player of the season in the last 2 years, I think. Experience over quality I think, well in this case anyway.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Theoklitos is basically on a luxury holiday, he gets paid good money to do a job he''s not capable of doing and even has the added luxury of being under no pressure during training as he''s not competing for a place in the team and will no doubt have another job already lined up for him when he returns to Australia after his contract is up. What a jammy git!!!!![/quote] or is he doing a simon lappin and waiting for a change of manager to get his place back....pmsl

Does anyone know when they are next doing a training session at Carrow Road. It would just be intriguing to see what he is like in a training session. Obviously matches are a different animal altogether as they require the keeper to concentrate for long periods, show an ability to handle pressure and have good communication with back four. But it would provide a good indication of his raw ability.

Well, that''s that then.In my opinion this situation has been handled very poorly, after a bad opening game (when no-one played well), this guy was frozen out and not given any opportunity to prove his worth to the club.It happened with Lappin under Roeder, who when given the chance with Gunn/Lambert played well, it happened with Doherty and Lambert this season and when recalled has played well, guess we''ll never know with Theo...Good luck mate, all the best for the future and I hope you go to a club that gives you a fair opportunity instead of writing you off on the back of a single game.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Well, that''s that then.In my opinion this situation has been handled very poorly, after a bad opening game (when no-one played well), this guy was frozen out and not given any opportunity to prove his worth to the club.It happened with Lappin under Roeder, who when given the chance with Gunn/Lambert played well, it happened with Doherty and Lambert this season and when recalled has played well, guess we''ll never know with Theo...Good luck mate, all the best for the future and I hope you go to a club that gives you a fair opportunity instead of writing you off on the back of a single game.[/quote]Lambert won''t have written him off solely on the colchester game (though he got as a good a view on that performance as anyone), theres training to impress in (how smith got in the team), reserves games (how hoolahan got back in the team) and chances have come about for most due to injuries etc (how Doc got back in the team). He had chances (Alnwick''s injury, forsters suspension) but presumably because of training and reserves performances along with not turning up to go the Gilllingham JPT game, he kinda made the decision for Lambert.Everyone plays fair by Lambert and he plays fair by them. We''ve seen others who acted maturely, fought for their places and got back in the side, Theo may never have been in Lamberts plans due to their better options in his opinion but he simply just messed up too many times.In Lambert i trust

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Well, that''s that then.In my opinion this situation has been handled very poorly, after a bad opening game (when no-one played well), this guy was frozen out and not given any opportunity to prove his worth to the club.It happened with Lappin under Roeder, who when given the chance with Gunn/Lambert played well, it happened with Doherty and Lambert this season and when recalled has played well, guess we''ll never know with Theo...Good luck mate, all the best for the future and I hope you go to a club that gives you a fair opportunity instead of writing you off on the back of a single game.[/quote]Yeah I agree to be honest. I mean unless he was horrific, and I mean terrible, why play Steer over him? Steer is about 10 years old, where as Theo has lots of experience and was ace in Australia, which is admitedly not the best league, but still...