Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Why is Theoklitos still here for?

Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure Michael Theoklitos is still here. But the question is why. I mean he hasnt played since we know when(not that i want him to play) and lets face it even if the other three keepers ahead of him were all unavailable to play for whatever reason Lambert would still probably bring someone else in on loan. Surely him being here is just chucking money straight down the drain and have to admit i dont really understand why we diddnt get rid of him in january. I mean surely some aussie club would take him off our hands

Would anyone want him after that performance... he''s also probably on decent money, which is unlikely to be unmatched anywhere else, again after ''that'' performace.

Apparently he wants to stay in English football and has therefore refused a move back to an Australian club.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Apparently he wants to stay in English football and has therefore refused a move back to an Australian club.[/quote]Don''t blame him really I am sure there is a hell of a lot more money in English football than Australia!

Theoklitos is basically on a luxury holiday, he gets paid good money to do a job he''s not capable of doing and even has the added luxury of being under no pressure during training as he''s not competing for a place in the team and will no doubt have another job already lined up for him when he returns to Australia after his contract is up. What a jammy git!!!!!

He''s not in the latest squad photo.

But he is still in the squad list on the back of the programme...

I''d love to see his payslip!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Theoklitos is basically on a luxury holiday, he gets paid good money to do a job he''s not capable of doing and even has the added luxury of being under no pressure during training as he''s not competing for a place in the team and will no doubt have another job already lined up for him when he returns to Australia after his contract is up. What a jammy git!!!!![/quote]

I''m sure he would rather be playing week-in week-out and be able to secure another contract in England, and thus the higher wages it would give him. Also he stated one of the main reasons he wanted to come to play in England was to secure a place in the Australian World Cup team, something that will never happen now. You say he isn''t capable of doing his job, but the 1-7 aside he has had a successful career at being a goalkeeper, you don''t get in contention for a place in the Australia team (especially as a ''keeper) without being pretty decent and you certainly don''t win Goalkeeper of the Year award in the A-League (is it still called that?), without being pretty decent.

Lambert''s freezing out of Theo might be his biggest mistake at Norwich, especially if Forster gets injured at a crucial moment in the season and we are hoping our two under 20 ''keepers don''t buckle under the pressure of sustaining a title push. Remember Andy Marshall was a pretty fine young ''keeper but he couldn''t handle the pressure of Norwich''s fall to relegation after Gunn broke his leg.

He didn''t look too brilliant against Wigan in pre-season, and didn''t shine in the few reserve games he''s played.

I don''t like player bashing, but Theo''s obviously suffered a massive loss of form/confidence since his "successful career" ended against Col U.

Agree with Wembley_Canary - he is a luxury we certainly can''t afford.

Don''t blame Theo. If the club want rid of him then they should pay off his contract. If my work wanted rid of me then I''d expect redundancy pay or if I was on a fixed contract, that contract to be paid up in full.

@Bethnal Yellow and Green

If he was really serious about making it in England then why did he go AWOL for one of our away JPT ties? You can''t defend this guy, 7-1 defeat aside he had a chance to get back into contention and he blew it. If I was him I would do everything I could to get a move out of this club to start playing first team football at some sort of level once again. Clearly he''s just happy to sit on his over paid wages until his contract is up.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]@Bethnal Yellow and Green If he was really serious about making it in England then why did he go AWOL for one of our away JPT ties? You can''t defend this guy, 7-1 defeat aside he had a chance to get back into contention and he blew it. If I was him I would do everything I could to get a move out of this club to start playing first team football at some sort of level once again. Clearly he''s just happy to sit on his over paid wages until his contract is up.[/quote]

I had heard that he didn''t turn up for the bus as no one called to tell him he was in the squad. Also is it cause or effect that his commitment has dropped off? Which came first, the lack of effort or him being frozen out? Personally I never agree with freezing a player out of the team as it is couter-productive, if we are paying him we need him in a position to be able to play, not told there is no chance and he should just sit around doing nothing. You can tell him that we are looking to sell him and tell his agent to find him a new club, but he should still be involved in and around the team. I doubt Jed Steer is better than Michael.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]"I had heard that he didn''t turn up for the bus as no one called to tell him he was in the squad" Did he tell you that himself lol?[/quote]

It seems highly probable that no one at the club called him. If the club had proof that he had been made aware of the his selection and he still failed to turn up then the club could have terminated his contract for gross misconduct. Don''t you think that they would have jumped at the opportunity ?!

You mean Open Goal has a ticket for that match? Bloody hell, why doesn''t he post it on this forum?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]You mean Open Goal has a ticket for that match? Bloody hell, why doesn''t he post it on this forum?[/quote]Hey, don''t get me wrong, it''s just a rumour like...

wasn''t it his choice not to leave?

i thought he had done, but after mentioning it, i was put correct, that he was infact still at the club, and i found the article somewhere, saying he wanted to stay here....and could have gone back to oz...

I thought that he agreed to join a newly formed club in Australia but they couldn''t sign players until the summer so he was going to sign for them then.

i think the big problem that theowhateverhisnamesisokius has now is that if you take away the shame and guilt and hurt he is carrying from that first and last game he played for us, underneath all that anguish and desire to do well he is still cr8p.... i know it may come as a bit of a reverlation for some but this is fact. Not only that but the greedy buggers probably on a huge salerie that no other club would be stupid enougth to pay

[quote user="ncfc4life"] have to admit i dont really understand ......[/quote]

You said it.......