Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

tickets cheaper for swindon than on website

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Guessing it must be cheaper behind the goal with no roof![/quote]Yeah it is £16 in the Stratton Bank (behind the goal with no roof) and £22 in the Arkells Stand (which has a roof but we only have single seats remaining in there).I thinki that we were allocated 800 in the Arkells Stand (as every club is given) and that the full Stratton Bank is available for us (this stand must hold close on 3,000 if full I would guess and is only to be opened 3 times this season according to a Swindon fan a few weeks ago - against Leeds, in their local derby game against Bristol Rovers and against us).At only £16 per adult ticket for such an important and difficult game, we should be looking to try and sell this one out and creating a really good atmosphere!Not sure if concessionary tickets are available in the Stratton Bank, but it does have stubs for £12 and £9 on my ticket - so worth checking I guess.PS - make room for me under your [um] if we get [li] that day Tangy... [;)]

The ground has a 15,700 capacity, of which -

1200 is in one stand for away fans and a further

2100 away fans in the stand behind the goal

(rather like having the River End and part of the South Stand nearest to it)

1 should imagine they will want to sell the first 1200 before then decide whether to let us have the whole of the end with 2100 seats. I would think we could have that many fans there. We have a massive ''ex pat'' fan base within easy reach of Swindon.

They are still saying that fans can purchase rickets for what is a derby game against Bristol Rovers tomorrow - with only 9300 tickets sold so far by this afternoon.

Their average gate is 7/800 with the game at home to Leeds getting only 14500.

A good overview of the ground etc can be found here -

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/swindon_town/#Arkells Stand

yer called up yesterday they offered single seats but wanted together, i had to call back today to get double seats... looking forward to it

City1st, if you read my comments and Snakepit''s comments you will see that we have already sold the majority of tickets in the Arkell''s stand (whether that be 800 or 1,200 tickets already).  We only have single seats available.  Most people will be buying tickets in pairs or groups, but we do always leave allowances for those of us who have no friends... [:P]

lol billy no mates! Should be good, got the coach as well 22 pound for that leaves at 9, hope we don''t get there too early like Brighton lol

" if you read my comments and Snakepit''s comments you will see that we have already sold the majority of tickets in the Arkell''s stand "

err no, nothing in either posts suggest that we have sold the majority of tickets. Even had it done so it still doesn''t invalidate my suggestion that Swindon will want the Arkell Stand allocation sold first.

One point I would make is that most people are not actively reading other posts in the same thread whilst typing up their own post - therefore posts with same/conflicting info will appear around the same time.

So do keep up, young lad

[quote user="City1st"]" if you read my comments and Snakepit''s comments you will see that we have already sold the majority of tickets in the Arkell''s stand "

err no, nothing in either posts suggest that we have sold the majority of tickets. Even had it done so it still doesn''t invalidate my suggestion that Swindon will want the Arkell Stand allocation sold first.

One point I would make is that most people are not actively reading other posts in the same thread whilst typing up their own post - therefore posts with same/conflicting info will appear around the same time.

So do keep up, young lad[/quote]You still have not quite got it have you City1st... try again one more time...The Arkell stand is already SOLD OUT to City fans apart from single tickets, so if you wish to ensure that you can sit with your mates in a group then you are not going to be buying tickets in the Arkell stand are you?  Therefore we have started selling tickets in Block S1 of the Stratton Bank (uncovered stand behind the goal already.  I would say that we will be quite close to starting on block S2 behind the goal by the time we kick off against Yeovil on Saturday also, as assuming that they sell from back to front our seats were in Row F.

[quote user="Snakepit"]lol billy no mates! Should be good, got the coach as well 22 pound for that leaves at 9, hope we don''t get there too early like Brighton lol[/quote]Surely the earlier the better?  The pubs will be open by that time.Suppose that is a bit of a bugger when you are still reliant upon fake ID though??? [:^)]

Nope I still haven''t got it. Still can''t find anywhere in your post where it says sold out. It does in your next post, though you have a strange concept of sold out.

As in " ... is already SOLD OUT to City fans apart from single tickets". Much like we are winning apart from they have scored more goals than us.

Your reasoning behind buying block tickets does not equate with any knowledge of what tickets Swindon have released to us. It does not follow just because fans wish to sit together there will be further tickets made available.

I can''t remember when City have told the away club that their allocation has been cut to accomodate City fans who need someone''s hand to hold whilst watching the game.

So not only keep up, but try and add a bit of logic and reasoning to your posts ...... if only on this matter.

[quote user="City1st"]Nope I still haven''t got it. Still can''t find anywhere in your post where it says sold out. It does in your next post, though you have a strange concept of sold out.

As in " ... is already SOLD OUT to City fans apart from single tickets". Much like we are winning apart from they have scored more goals than us.

Your reasoning behind buying block tickets does not equate with any knowledge of what tickets Swindon have released to us. It does not follow just because fans wish to sit together there will be further tickets made available.

I can''t remember when City have told the away club that their allocation has been cut to accomodate City fans who need someone''s hand to hold whilst watching the game.

So not only keep up, but try and add a bit of logic and reasoning to your posts ...... if only on this matter.[/quote]Yes but we SELL OUT our tickets for home matches near enough every week and have done for how many years now?How many times have Swindon ever sold out to either home or away fans during that period?I really do not get your logic...I have pointed out several times that there are a few tickets still available in the Arkells stand (covered at £22) if you wish to go to the game by yourself and do not mind who you are sitting near.  Have you finished being pedantic now?Are you going to Swindon, and if so do you intend on getting tickets in the Arkells Stand or Stratton Bank, or do you already have your tickets?

I really haven''t a clue what you are warbling on about.

You claim the Arkell stand is SOLD OUT - but then say it isn''t

You have a pop at me for not reading something that was NOT even in your post.

The logic you do not get is very easy, so I will spell it out.

Clubs release tickets to away clubs at fixed amounts. I suggested that Swindon may want us to sell the Arkell allocation before they release the other 2100 tickets.

I cannot see how, even someone with your limited grasp of reality could not understand that.

Neither have I much of a clue why you wish to twist it and reply with illogical gibberish about people who book single tickets being odd or some such - or irrelevent gibberish about who sells out their grounds.

As to discussing my ticket arrangements with someone as disturbed as you then you must think that lunacy is contagious and can be spread via a football forum.

But glad to see that you are now supporting the club .......... for how long remains to be seen. Probably until we hit the next bad patch and out of the pram will go the toys.

I''ve seen your sort come and go (though not so much going last season was it ? ).

Come on guys, make your way to Swindon, there''s plenty of tickets avalible and it''s only a quick 200 mile/4 hour trip.

I know ''coz I''ve gotta make that trip to Norwich every other week ! (The joys of being an exile) Really looking forward to this one.

I have seen your sort trying to claim the high ground before as their club slides down the football league ladder too City1st. Maybe we should bring Gunny, Grant and Co back for the Happy Clappers???

Oh and it appears that Swindon Town''s officials do not agree with you on how to sell tickets for one of their biggest profile games of the season either!

I will leave the last little verbal assault on this thread to you...