Sign in to follow this  
emmaroyds

who want`s to be in the Premier league?

I ask this question because it is becoming clearer by the day that the Premier league can only lead to bad news for clubs like ours.

There are only about 4 clubs capable of winning the Premier league. probably another 4 who are mid table at best and the rest who are chasing a dream and getting deeper and deeper into debt just trying to stay there.

Then what happens when relegation comes, you only need to look at former Premier league clubs who are in financial trouble to see the answer.

Is it all realy worth it? Wouldn`t it be nice if the teams promoted from the Championship told the Premier league where to stick it.

I await dogs abuse from those of you accusing me of not having ambition, well if ambition means going to the wall then I am guilty

Would be great to get back, need the money and investment to do well. But the feeling of being up there with the big boys would be great again. If teams like Wolves, Wigan, Bolton, Hull, Burnley and alike are there, there is no reason why we shouldn''t be there. Every player, fan and club should aspire to be in the top flight, wether they can acheive that is debatable.

I''ve seen some daft posts on here in my time but this is the winner!Anyone who''d rather win the Championship year in year out than survive relegation in the Premiership is a muppet imo.There is no law to say that to be in the Premiership you have to spend lots of money. The club will make a LOT more money than they would in the Championship so as long as they are careful with how they spend it they will be fine.

You know what emmaroyds I agree with you totally. The FA are a very arrogant establishment, even on Sunday -on probably the biggest day of the Football leagues season - they couldn''t let the League enjoy their day. Insyead they programme Premiership games not only on the same time but also kicking off at the same time.

Let''s hope they realise the error of their ways before we only have 4 or 5 professional clubs left.

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]Ask Hull,Stoke or fulham fans if they want to swap places with us?[/quote]Portsmouth would...........

because we have differing opinions you describe me as a muppet.

Well that makes you realy grown up doesn`t it?

do you remember what it was like the last time we was in the Premier league? A couple of good results but in the main it wasn`t nice to watch us struggling week in week out.

So if we go to the Premier league and don`t spend loads of money, end up in the same place as Burnley/Wolves/Hull etc are now, how long before the are protests against the manager or board and calls for the cheque book to come out.

All this stuff about having more money is a rubbish because most of this money goes into the players back pockets.

lol 1 out of 20 teams would think that prob proves the point. how many teams that are not in the prem would swap places with a prem team almost all i would have thought maybe newcastle,forest,west brom wouldn''t the reason being they will probably be there next year?

if Hull go down they are in serious finacial trouble so are Bolton

Why do you think Garside wanted a clsed shop Premier league. he knows the writing is on the wall.

Its were every club aspires to be...i would love to see and watch Norwich in it[Y] yes for me

To answer another 1 on your questions/statements...if and when we are in the Prem the cheque books has to come out simple as that...last time we were there it came on to late(Ashton) if we had bought him earlier i think we maybe would of stayed up

[quote user="emmaroyds"]if Hull go down they are in serious finacial trouble so are Bolton Why do you think Garside wanted a clsed shop Premier league. he knows the writing is on the wall.[/quote]You must spend but not over spend as in any walk of life, this is were having a good board comes into it!!!....you wouldnt buy a house with repayments of £800 per month if you earned £600 a month

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"] so as long as they are careful with how they spend it they will be fine.

[/quote]

What..... prudence....??

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]You must spend but not over spend as in any walk of life, this is were having a good board comes into it!!!....you wouldnt buy a house with repayments of £800 per month if you earned £600 a month[/quote]

Thats 2 x votes for ambition with Prudence.... any more?

LOL

In order for our great to reach its full potential which would be - the chance to win some competitions, play at the highest possible level, and increase ground capacity we will need to get back into the Premiership!

PL is a curse.

The sooner they form a Euro league and let the rest of us get on with a national league the better off we''ll all be

The tide is turning - the last transfer window saw an average of only £1.5 million per club being spent.  I beleive by the earliest time we could get there I there will be a different view of things and a more rational approach to football finances.  So yes, we should try and get back, and get back as soon as possible!

Emmaroyds, I see you wnet had a bitch and moan about the ''Oinkun and how nasty we were. How very mature and I don''t see where the abuse is.

PL is a curse.

The sooner they form a Euro league and let the rest of us get on with a national league the better off we''ll all be

PL is not a curse, he is a genius....

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="emmaroyds"]if Hull go down they are in serious finacial trouble so are Bolton Why do you think Garside wanted a clsed shop Premier league. he knows the writing is on the wall.[/quote]You must spend but not over spend as in any walk of life, this is were having a good board comes into it!!!....you wouldnt buy a house with repayments of £800 per month if you earned £600 a month[/quote]But, you might if you could potentially earn £5000 a month in bonus.

I''d love to be in the Prem - be like Everton, say - good honest manager - don''t spend a fortune - but perform superbly, year in, year out.

I can see the argument. The third tier of English football is littered with teams who were once in the Premiership. Norwich, Leeds, Swindon, Oldham, Charlton and Southampton. You can throw in Wednesday and Forest as teams who have also spent a long time down there. The gulf between the Premiership and Championship gets wider with every season. The financial inequality is digusting but that argument is for another day.

However ultimately for me football is about daring to dream as a banner during our playoff campaign once read. Every supporter wants the club to achieve the most it possibly can. Otherwise what is the point in investing so much emotion into following the team. Our year in the Premiership was fantastic. I loved the exposure that came with it. I still get excited seeing Ashton''s last minute header against Newcastle. I still can barely believe that we shackled Wayne Rooney and Christiano Ronaldo (now the 2 of the finest players in the world) and beat Man Utd 2-0. Don''t get me wrong I would still follow us home and away if we went down to the conference but the Premier League is where you want to be.

Norwich''s decline is nobody''s fault but ourselves.It''s easy to be wise after the event but we never gave ourselves a chance of staying there really. We signed Dean Ashton too late and played Gary Doherty up front for the opening weeks of the season. Was it then the fault of the Premier League that after we got relegated we signed utter garbage such as Peter Thorne, Jurgen Colin, Andy Hughes, Jason Jarrett and Mathieu Louis Jean? Is the Premier League to blame for us hiring a succession of clueless managers in Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Brian Gunn who wasted a lot of money?

The Premier League has nothing to do with our decline. The fault lay purely with the managment at the club. Something which is now at long last finally being rectified. Getting back into the Championship should be seen as just the start. As someone said earlier I dont want a civic ceremony IF (nothing is cut and dired) we get promoted. That merely represents the reparation of a massive mistake as far as I concerned. I firmly believe that with patience and time Lambert can take us to where we want to go.

Sorry for the rant

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"]

I can see the argument. The third tier of English football is littered with teams who were once in the Premiership. Norwich, Leeds, Swindon, Oldham, Charlton and Southampton. You can throw in Wednesday and Forest as teams who have also spent a long time down there. The gulf between the Premiership and Championship gets wider with every season. The financial inequality is digusting but that argument is for another day.

However ultimately for me football is about daring to dream as a banner during our playoff campaign once read. Every supporter wants the club to achieve the most it possibly can. Otherwise what is the point in investing so much emotion into following the team. Our year in the Premiership was fantastic. I loved the exposure that came with it. I still get excited seeing Ashton''s last minute header against Newcastle. I still can barely believe that we shackled Wayne Rooney and Christiano Ronaldo (now the 2 of the finest players in the world) and beat Man Utd 2-0. Don''t get me wrong I would still follow us home and away if we went down to the conference but the Premier League is where you want to be.

Norwich''s decline is nobody''s fault but ourselves.It''s easy to be wise after the event but we never gave ourselves a chance of staying there really. We signed Dean Ashton too late and played Gary Doherty up front for the opening weeks of the season. Was it then the fault of the Premier League that after we got relegated we signed utter garbage such as Peter Thorne, Jurgen Colin, Andy Hughes, Jason Jarrett and Mathieu Louis Jean? Is the Premier League to blame for us hiring a succession of clueless managers in Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Brian Gunn who wasted a lot of money?

The Premier League has nothing to do with our decline. The fault lay purely with the managment at the club. Something which is now at long last finally being rectified. Getting back into the Championship should be seen as just the start. As someone said earlier I dont want a civic ceremony IF (nothing is cut and dired) we get promoted. That merely represents the reparation of a massive mistake as far as I concerned. I firmly believe that with patience and time Lambert can take us to where we want to go.

Sorry for the rant

[/quote]

Spot on.

I have to say that I have little desire for our club to be in the Premier League.

The thought of beginning every season with the aim to ''survive'' would slowly tear away my soul, and my passion for the game. In fact the Premier League is doing this already. A billionaire''s playground enjoyed by the priviledged few, with no regard for the traditions, history and welfare of the English game in general.

Does anyone wonder why the season ticket waiting list at Old Trafford, once standing at over 20,00 has now completely disappeared? I can think of few things more satisfying than watching a club like Manchester United implode due to an over reliance on debt and gluttonous fans in the wrong climate.

Overpriced tickets, ridiculous kick-off times, gloryhunting fans and the knowledge that it will all end with a loboriously predictable outcome every season hardly wets my appetite.

Some very good points have been made here and many I would agree with but everybody connected with the club must strive for success and that success would ultimately mean promotion to the Premiership.

And yes, I would like to see us in the Premiership, but a premiership of 20 teams, not the 4, 5 or possibly 6 that we have now. Change is drastically needed to allow all clubs the possibility of success and not just the privileged few.

First change; ban ALL loans as they mainly benefit the rich. Second change, implement squad limitations on players over 21. Then perhaps everyone would want to be in the Premiership.

To have the same four teams in the top four positions as we have had for the last eight seasons with only three others teams getting in there once does not do the game any good.

Sorry for the rant

[/quote]

I agree with a lot of this, I find it inconceivable that any NCFC fan could not want to see us playing in the Prem.and see the best possible football and footballers we could have any access to playing at CR. Not to want that as a fan is beyond belief, dont let the Board get a sniff of it or we`ll be in Division 4. Any grand celebration should  be reserved till  we get back to  the Prem, a big civic reception and party for  getting promoted from Div3(should that happen) would make us look pathetic.

im sick to death of the premiership and my team is in a serious relegation battle

the amount of biased referring is unbelivable, fake supporters, no atmosphere

and sad reality of losing on a weekly basis isnt that enjoyable either

obviously i dont wish to see us go down, but the premiership is vastly overated

Sorry for the rant

[/quote]

thanks for writing my reply.....spot on! The only people to blame is ourselfs

Sorry for the rant

[/quote]

Fully agree with you, dentist