Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Russell/Smith/Lappin or McNamee?

For the away games I am in complete agreement. I want to us play a solid and narrow midfield. Its negative but the main objective against Swindon is to avoid getting beat.

I wonder if we''ll se anything of Stephen Hughes. I think he should get an oppotunity as Russell is out. I personally would like to see more of what he can do.

He was sadly very poor against Southampton the other day. I do feel for him, as I don''t think that holding role is what he''s good at - I think he''s far better sat on the right of the midfield and using his decent passing and dribbling to get in and around the box and thread the passes through.

Hughes had a chance an imo blew it. If we drop Macnamee we are stupid. He has won us two games in a row now and has looked more dangerous than Hoolahan the last few games.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

Hughes had a chance an imo blew it. If we drop Macnamee we are stupid. He has won us two games in a row now and has looked more dangerous than Hoolahan the last few games.

[/quote]

Hughes has hardly had his chance. He will only find form from a sustained period i the 1st eleven, not one or two games here and there. Hughes is the best passer of the ball at the club.

I think we need to find a way of accomodating hughes russell & mcnamee

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think Fozzy is better than Hughes....I even think Andy Hughes is better than out current one....[/quote]

Behave!  Hughes is a very good footballer who just had an off-day against Southend.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think Fozzy is better than Hughes....I even think Andy Hughes is better than out current one....[/quote]Fozzy? "throws up"