Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Foy

City Vs Yeovil - Official Chat Thread

Afternoon lad, so will it be diamond or four four two?, surprises in the line up or same as?

Excellent, Brizzle are 1 up v Swindon very much against the run of play.

Norwich - same team as versus Oldham for me. Elliott on the bench.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Afternoon lad, so will it be diamond or four four two?, surprises in the line up or same as?[/quote]

I reckon it''ll be smith, hoolahan, lappina and mcnamee in midfield. I dunno why but I have a feeling Lambert will start with Elliott? or is that just mental..

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Afternoon lad, so will it be diamond or four four two?, surprises in the line up or same as?[/quote]

I reckon it''ll be smith, hoolahan, lappina and mcnamee in midfield. I dunno why but I have a feeling Lambert will start with Elliott? or is that just mental..

[/quote]Is that Simone Lappina?

Well after failing to to get the Canaries Plus thingy to accept three different credit cards before last week''s game at Oldham I''m pleased to announce (well, pleased for myself really) that a friend''s credit card worked and I can get commentary.

It''s all a bit weird because for me Saturday football means a post-dinner/supper glass of whatnot slumped over the laptop, with the Premier League stuff on mute on the TV (we usually get five or six PL games on at the same time on different channels on a Saturday night). A bit different to the way I started out supporting NCFC - arrived at 1.00, stood on the terrace behind the goal at the open River End on a box, so I could see better (with rattle, made by my dad and rosette in tow).

Anyway, I digress. Excited about getting the commentary and will join all those others not going to the game in reactions, comments etc. on the macth thread.....

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

Well after failing to to get the Canaries Plus thingy to accept three different credit cards before last week''s game at Oldham I''m pleased to announce (well, pleased for myself really) that a friend''s credit card worked and I can get commentary.

It''s all a bit weird because for me Saturday football means a post-dinner/supper glass of whatnot slumped over the laptop, with the Premier League stuff on mute on the TV (we usually get five or six PL games on at the same time on different channels on a Saturday night). A bit different to the way I started out supporting NCFC - arrived at 1.00, stood on the terrace behind the goal at the open River End on a box, so I could see better (with rattle, made by my dad and rosette in tow).

Anyway, I digress. Excited about getting the commentary and will join all those others not going to the game in reactions, comments etc. on the macth thread.....

[/quote]

Good stuff. Football Saturdays are just great aren''t they?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Glenn Foy"]

[/quote]

Is that Simone Lappina?
[/quote]

Yes. It''s his french, underwear modelling brother.

Blimey, Brizzle 3 nil up away to Swindon???!!!Didn''t see that coming lol.

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

[/quote]

Kevin, when did you attend your first game at Carrow Road?

Swindon three nil down at home, good god my coupon is busted already, I usually get at least until half three before that happens.

CITY: Forster, Nelson, R.Martin, Holt (c), Doherty,

Hoolahan, C.Martin, Lappin, Rose, McNamee, Smith. Subs: Rudd (GK),

Gill, Hughes, Elliott, Spillane, McVeigh, Johnson.

First game? It''s so long ago I''m embarrassed to admit it, but it was 1971 (or it could have been the beginning of 1972). We played Cardiff at home. I remember they had a goalkeeper called Irwin, someone threw a pink toilet roll into his goal, we won 2-1 ( I think), I lost my rosette and cried. That''s honesty for you....

Looks a very strong team, and bench.

Suprised Askou hasn''t been included on the bench, unless Lambert doesn''t seem him at 100% yet.

Did I miss something or did JBA have a setback with returning from injury, last I heard he was about to come back into the fold.

Dean Bowditch, Yeovil''s top scorer, one of only two goalscoring strikers in the Yeovil squad, and a former Ipswich player, did not pass his fitness test and will not be participating for Yeovil today.Gave us hell and scored last time we played them, delighted to hear he''s not playing.

Spose I better think about setting off soon.Really feeling it today, I think its going to be a good one.[:D]

Rovers 4-0 up away against Swindon now.Good news rolling in today (.... So far)/