Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Score predictions vs Yeovil....

They only play rugby in the west country, so I predict the following score

Norwich 51 - Yeovil 3

Five tries for Norwich. The first a scrum pushover from Nelson & Doc, with Frazer (playing at number 8 this week) grabbing the ball at ther back of the scrum and heaving his sizeable bulk through the Yeovil defence. The second: Hoolahan set free by Martin, jinks past three Yeovil tackles, spins the ball out to Macnamee who dances his way over into the corner. The third, an interception by Martin who had not tracked back and was wandering aimlessly in the middle of the park, only to find himself free and open on the try line. The fourth: Grant Holt picks the ball up on the half way line, accumulates one, then, two, then three Yeovil players hanging off his body, and eventually slumps to the ground over the try line with the entire Yeovil team clinging on to the giant''s frame. Theoklitis comes off the bench with 15 minutes to go, with the Norwich coaching staff having discovered that, in fact, he used to play Aussie Rules in Melbourne (Footie), not Soccer (Footie) and is pretty handy with the oval ball. Surprising his team mates, the opposition and all 25,000 speactators he does a superb impersonation of David Campese and beats 14 opposition players, before playing a one-two with fellow substitute Olli Johnson, only to drop the ball (ooops, again....) when already over the try line. The last one: Russell runs over the try line just wide of the uprights and puts the ball down in disgust at his ''miss'', thinking he''d fluffed a sitter, only to discover that he''d added five points to his team''s score

Oh, and the three points for Yeovil? A penalty for blatant trip by Holt on Dean Bowditch (ssssssss). The ball goes sailing over the cross bar for three points, followed by Theoklitis remonstrating fiercely with the ref, complaining it didn''t go in and that the bar seemed higher than normal.....

Paul Lambert''s after match press conference: "Well, we were the better team over 9....er...80 minutes. We had a few problems with the rules...Rusty seemed to think ''maul'' meant a free for all and that the idea was to get all Yeovil players in the blood bin. Similarly Doc thought ''ruck'' meant get stuck in to the bastards and eye-gouge them. And poor old Hooly couldn''t understand why when he finely threaded the ball forward like a quarter back the referee blew up. "It went forward, said the ref", "I know it did", replied Hooly, "I meant it too...."''. Despite this, I thought the lads were great as they have been ever since we lost 103-12 at home to Colchestr on the first day of the season"

4-0 (Holt x2, Wes, Hughes)

Tight first 30mins before we take a lead just before HT, then dominate 2nd half with 3 more goals.

OTBC

Got to be a comfortable win this one. An ''in control'' 2-0. Holt 1st half, Chris Martin early in 2nd half.

2 subs with 25 minutes to go to give Hooly and Korey a rest, Elliott on for Chris Martin in the last 10 minutes.

IF we get an early goal then i''m going for a 4-1 win. IF we don''t score by half time i''m going for 1-1.

I''ve got splinters in my arse now!

Too be honest lets face it Yeovil arent anything special so we really need to try and put in a good performance get a few goals in so we are in good spirits for the next three games. I will go for a 3-0 win. Martin hat trick

[quote user="ricardo"]About time the goal machine clicked into action again. I''m going for a comfortable 3-0.[/quote]So nice to be right.