Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

ROSE`S Best game yet!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Apart from 2 stray passes in the 2nd half,his distribution and back up play was excellent..More please rose[/quote]Great, so who''s the new whipping boy then?

Still gotta be Dury, Rose was found out against a strong Southampton and  I think he could struggle againts the quality of the next 3 teams.

We need Drury. Rose looks lke he can do the job, but at this stage there is the nagging doubt that he might go ''awol'' occasionally. Very confident Lambert can bring players like this up to speed.

Having the luxury (and foresight) to be building a squad for next season at this stage will I''m sure pay dividends. He''s even brought back Gill to have a looksie.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]played well first half back to his norm second , only keeping the position warm for drury[/quote]

My thoughts too, might be worth keeping on as a back up, but thats Lamberts choice not mine

May sound harsh, but I think he should only be for this season, if we get promoted, then we will need a decent left back with Drury in reserve or vise versa, I don''t think he will cut it and if we want to do well in the Champ, then the money is going to have to be spent, not a player like Rose.

Saying that he did do well and you never know a few more months with Culverhouse, Lambert and Co and he may still improve further.

Poor player really and should only be back up for Drury. Count how many aimless punt forwards he does next game, far too many.

I agree, Drury is a better left back in my opinion and his presence is missed. One of Drury''s strengths is how he balances defence and attack. You rarely see him out of position and this allows Lappin more freedom.

I like Rose but there is no doubt he is not in Drury''s class and

that''s really the problem having to be compared with the best left back in the division.

If you view him as a standard left back, I think he''s useful and as someone else has said, Lambo and Culverhouse seem to have a great knack of bringing these players on and improving them. Bearing in mind the financial situation I think his loan signing has been a positive one and his attitude impressive.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Personally don''t think Rose is good enough for anything more than back up league 1. Drury can''t come back quick enough.
[/quote]

Yep

Difficult game to judge Rose on. Yeovil were mostly woeful and he wasn''t under much pressure. In the first half he did what he had to ok and defended decently. In the second half (where I have a better view as I am in the River End Upper on the City stand side), I thought he suffered from 50p foot syndrome and was caughtly badly out of position once where he went for a ball he had no chance of getting.

Drury may be back next week and if Rose goes back to Stockport not having played another first team game I''d like to thank him for his efforts at City. He''s filled a gap as well as he could have and we have won most of the games he has played in.