Sign in to follow this  
Reckoner

Player Ratings

I''d go with:

Forster - 6 - Don''t think he actually had a save to make all game. Some suspect kicking.

Martin - 6 - Solid enough, sometimes lacked a bit of urgency.

Rose - 7 - Much better performance than against Southend, first half particularly.

Doc - 8 - Fantastic performance, didn''t make a single mistake and even managed to do a Cruyff turn on one of their attackers.

Nelson - 7 - Very solid again, won every header he went up for, distribution pretty poor though.

Macnamee - 6 - For the first 5-10 minutes he was great, really direct and getting crosses in, but i thought he faded and didn''t seem to want to take on their full back for the rest of the game. Good set-piece delivery.

Lappin - 7 - I thought he and Rose linked up well. He had a couple of good shots and crosses.

Smith - 9 - MOM, Great performance. Hassled the opponents until the last minute, then when he won the ball he played a good pass every time.

Hoolahan - 7 - Was linking up with the front two nicely again.

Holt - 8 - Worked hard, won headers, missed a sitter, but it didn''t matter in the end. Nice finish for the goal, and good assist for Martin''s goal.

Martin - 8 - Set up Holt''s goal and i think he set up Holt''s open goal miss as well, correct me if i''m wrong. Good all round performance.

Subs:

Elliot - Looked eager to please, quite nippy.

Oli - Didn''t do much.

Gill - N/A

Overall: Good performance by the lads, and although there were periods when we were 1-0 up when it seemed like we were a bit too slow in our build up play, i can''t criticise too much as it was a very good all round performance. Bring on Huddersfield!