Sign in to follow this  
Clint

£3 Million Striker At City

Why do we all go on about signing a new striker, we have a quality forward in Hucks but persist in playing him ''left-ish''.  I might be slightly confused by my left & my left-ish but whenever I''ve seen Hucks in recent matches, he''s been stuck out left.  Picking up the ball on the halfway line, being pushed further towards the touchline & has about 3 players on him by the time he gets near anywhere remotely dangerous!

I agree we do need a someone to stick the ball away but if we keep playing our most likely player to score as a left winger, we will struggle to score.  Take my advice, stick Hucks up front where he''s played best this season (goal against Palace, match vs Arsenal where he tore their defense apart - won a pen & should have had Lauren sent off) & where he''s most effective!  

I''m inclined to disagree there fella!!

Hucks'' stregnth lies in his ability to pick the ball up and run with it, which he cannot do from an upfront position!!

His crossing ability is quality, and if our forwards were putting the ball away then we would not have so many problems in our goals scored column!!

I totally agree with the post. Just because you play "up front" doesn''t mean you sit there waiting for the ball - look at Henry, he''s always on the left, or in midfield.

Get him back up front.

Quickly.

Clint, have you actually seen Norwich play this season. When played up front Hucks drifts out to the wing and cuts in, therefore leaving us with one striker. When he plays left we are far better up front as it''s been proved in the Birmingham game and others this season 

As for tearing Arsenal apart...well that''s not true is it

Hey Clint at b''ham hucks started up front with sven and kept drifting wide and leaving sven on his own and not able to do much. as soon as leon came on upfront with sven and hucks went left wing we were a completley different team.

dont you love that rush when hucks picks up the ball on the half way line, well i sure do!!

Spot on NCFC. When Huck plays up front he invariably leaves his strike partner out in nomans land and the strike ''partnership'' becomes very ineffective, and relys on huck to produce moments of brilliance during the match. He managed that in the opening game of the season, (great finish!) which we still didn''t win.

If he could finish like that reliably he would have scored just as many out on the left as he would in the centre, and would create chances for others. His best position is sat behind the front two but Worthy can''t seem to find a formation that accommodates him in this way. Quite why not is beyond me.

"dont you love that rush when hucks picks up the ball on the half way line, well i sure do!!"

I bloody don''t!

He picks up the ball, runs, takes on 1 defender, and another, and another, goes back to take them all on again before losing the ball.
Although it may go for a corner, in which case there are two cenarios.
1. Huckerby ''crosses'' it in and the ball fails to get past the 1st man.
2. Huckerby plays it short, and we do nothing with the ball.

I''m split really.

Not really a left winger as he can''t cross, not really a striker as he buggers off to the left...

My views are well known but one thing struck me on saturday was how many times he picked the ball up inside his own half.  Hux is superb with the ball at his feet (although he does seem to be having too heavy a touch at the end of his runs at the moment) but only George Weah get the ball in his own half and scores - and how often did he do that ?!?

At least when he plays as a striker his collects the ball nearer the goal and uses his energy and talent where we sorely need it - in front of theirs and not our goal.

OTBC