Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Theo has finally gone....

Thanks for that Arthur. Both Cahill and Neill were on the books of A League teams as part of their Youth set up which no doubt was where they gained their experience of the professional game. They then both moved to Millwall to start their ''senior'' careers. So technically you are right!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Buckfast"]Indy Bones, is talking crap. He had chances in the reserves and looked a clown, he had chances in training and Lambert obviously didnt fancy him. Lambert looked to be kicking out Doc, but he worked hard in training and gradually became a 1st team regular again. Theoklonkitis clearly didnt. Will never forget his interview after the 1-7 game, on local news, where he was grinning and laughing about it. Tosser.[/quote]No, I''m voicing my opinion, the fact you don''t agree with it doesn''t make it crap.

With regards to the reserves where either Theo or Rudd played we see:

Theo: Southend Clean Sheet, conceded pen against Watford due to awful backpass from Francomb, Stevenage Clean Sheet, 1 against Northampton, 1 against West Ham,

Rudd: 5 against Peterborough, 1 against Ipswich, 3 against Wycombe, 1 against Ipswich, Stevenage Clean Sheet

So Theo conceded 3 in 5 games (0.6 goals conceded per game), compared to Rudd with 10 in 5 (2 goals conceded per game)

So your ''clown'' conceded 7 less goals than ''wunderkind'' Rudd did in the same amount of appearances. Are you going to now try telling me that the rest of the team put more effort in when Theo played? Or maybe the 7 less goals conceded were just freak occurences?

And can we finally put this nonsense to bed about Doherty working hard to impress the manager for a recall, it was plain and simply down to injuries that Doherty got called back, I''m not denying that he''s done a good job since then, but his recall WAS NOT based upon playing well in the reserves. If another side had shown any real interest in him before this point, he''d have been off like a shot and Lambert would have been happily waving him off.

On a final note regarding the 7-1 result, it was not all down to a single player''s below par performance. Maybe he should have handled the backpass better, but WTF was Semi thinking in the first place to give such a dire ball back? As for Theo''s response to the press afterwards, it''s probably just his way of dealing with things, I''ve seen people get tearful/angry/sad etc as their response, I''m not saying that it''s the method I''d choose, but that doesn''t mean that he''s a tosser.

At the end of the day he''s gone now and we''ll never actually know if he was truly good enough because he wasn''t given the first team chance to prove it. I do think he should have been played against Yeovil and I do think he should at least have been given a spot on the bench until Rudd/Steer prove they are ready like Forster has done, but Lambert has the decision here, and most of his others I''ve agreed with and have helped us massively, so I just have to hope that it is a case of a player suddenly turning crap instead of a personal dislike towards a player.
[/quote]

The difference is, I guess, for those that have seen them play this season, Rudd looks like saving something and Theo looked like saving f*ck all.

How many of the Colchester goals would Fraser Forster have let in? You''d have fancied him to save most of them, if not all.

The comparison with Doherty is a complete waste of time because the Doc is a proven good player in English club football. Lambert''s no mug, he''d have known Doherty had more to offer and, as I said at the time, I always felt there was a good chance he would come back into the picture.

For anyone who had watched Theo play for us pre season, Colchester, reserves and even in pre-match warm ups it was pretty obvious the guy was not up to the level required. He got found out, very quickly.

let''s hope he doesn''t do a Chris Brown and leave then actually does alright... (just alright though)

[quote user="First Wizard"]And I bet you think the world is flat don''t you bones? give it up man you''ve been rumbled  .........and about time too![/quote]How can someone be ''rumbled'' for voicing their opinion?I''ve given the information/facts as I''ve seen them and it appears that most don''t agree, that''s fair enough, but at least many of the replies have had some content and structure to them, instead of some minor petty jibe...And at least I tend to stand by my opinion instead of constant flip-flopping like a certain pointy hat wearing poster...On a note with regards to his reserve team performances, I find it incredible that a player who previously wins back to back ''keeper of the year'' awards, but apparently makes constant mistakes, has poor handling, positioning and defensive co-ordination,. somehow only manages to concede 3 goals in 5 games, whereas the ''superior'' keeper lets in 10 in the same amount. Was Theo just incredibly lucky game after game??? It all comes down to how people view players, and if you''ve convinced yourself that you don''t rate/like a player then you''re unlikely to notice the good play they do because you''ll be looking for them to make the tiniest error to then pick up on, and blow out of proportion. It''s something most fans do, so it''s a not a surprise to me when I see it, but that doesn''t make it right.But as I said earlier, he''s gone now, so it''s somewhat of a moot point anyway...

I have already stated earlier that I thought he was a poor goalkeeper but I also think its important that he has left because even if he did recover some form I dont see him as a long term solution. I genuinely believe one of Rudd and Steer could become a real star and play for the club for many years. Rather like Alex Smithies is doing at Huddersfield.

agreed ,he did not seem that bothered after the colchester game ,later to miss a game after turning up late ,then a stinker in the reserves .

worst keeper in city history ,that was clear for all to see at the colchester game . i have never seen a player so overwhelmed as he was against colchester .

best rid ,between him and forster ..chalk and cheese.