Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Theo has finally gone....

I just hope he ends up at a club that''s willing to give him a fair opportunity instead of one that dismisses you on the back of a single poor game...

Lol, that piece on the Official website is succinct and to the point!!!None of the usual "Well he was a great servant to the club etc etc etc"[:)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I just hope he ends up at a club that''s willing to give him a fair opportunity instead of one that dismisses you on the back of a single poor game...
[/quote]I''m sure it''s not just that.  I would have thought his performances in training will have counted for something too. 

People often forget that it is not just game performances that determine whether you are in the team, but the manager sees the players anywhere from 4-7 days a week in games and training.

About time too. I don''t like to see the club wasting money on a player the manager has absolutely no intention of playing. He would never have cut the mustard here after that fiasco. No, maybe we shouldn''t have written him off after one performance but that wasn''t the only reason for fans wanting him to leave.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I just hope he ends up at a club that''s willing to give him a fair opportunity instead of one that dismisses you on the back of a single poor game...[/quote]Lambert won''t have written him off solely on the colchester game

(though he got as a good a view on that performance as anyone), theres

training to impress in (how smith got in the team), reserves games (how

hoolahan got back in the team) and chances have come about for most due

to injuries etc (how Doc got back in the team). He had chances

(Alnwick''s injury, forsters suspension) but presumably because of

training and reserves performances along with not turning up to go the

Gilllingham JPT game, he kinda made the decision for Lambert.Everyone

plays fair by Lambert and he plays fair by them. We''ve seen others who

acted maturely, fought for their places and got back in the side, Theo

may never have been in Lamberts plans due to their better options in

his opinion but he simply just messed up too many times.In Lambert i trust, Goodbye Theo!

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I just hope he ends up at a club that''s willing to give him a fair opportunity instead of one that dismisses you on the back of a single poor game...
[/quote]I''m sure it''s not just that.  I would have thought his performances in training will have counted for something too. 

People often forget that it is not just game performances that determine whether you are in the team, but the manager sees the players anywhere from 4-7 days a week in games and training.

[/quote]

Its funny as my "source" said he looked awesome when he first trained with us and continued to train hard and do well.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, that piece on the Official website is succinct and to the point!!!

None of the usual "Well he was a great servant to the club etc etc etc"

[:)]
[/quote]What can they say "...after a record breaking appearance that even surpasses Simon Tracey..."

Sorry, wasn''t up to it. I can''t believe it''s just the one game either. Should never have signed him. I''m sure Lambert wouldn''t have!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

Its funny as my "source" said he looked awesome when he first trained with us and continued to train hard and do well.

[/quote]Well, we won''t know.  The only facts that we have are that he had a poor debut and he failed to turn up for a game (for which he was in the squad but probably wouldn''t have played).  You have to ask yourself how many dedicated professional footballers just don''t turn up for a game when they are in the squad?

[quote user="Babyface"]We never got a chance to say goodbye![/quote]Maybe they''ll parade him on the pitch like Hucks

theos contribution to this season has been unmatched by any other player...without him we might have only lost 3-1 to colchester and gunn would have hung around until october and we would have never got lambert..instead the spectacular capitulation gave mcnally all the ammo he needed to act ruthlessly  and the rest is history... thanks to theo gunns ineptitude was  magnified x 100 ...thankyou theo [:D]

[quote user="Europe_93"]they missed Cody out of the pecking order!![/quote]

Brilliant! And Askou, Holt, Martin, Miss Marple, Stevie Wonder....

I do actually feel quite sorry for the guy, he comes up to the N&P boxes on a match day. He is a genuinely nice bloke. He cheers every goal that Norwich scores with gusto like any other fan.

Having said that I don''t think it was just the one performance, I saw him have couple of shockers for the ressies too. Lambo cannot of liked what he saw in training either, he''s of the mind set that if you are doing well in training then you will make the squad.

I wish Theo all the very best for the future!

[quote user="pennywise "]theos contribution to this season has been unmatched by any other player...without him we might have only lost 3-1 to colchester and gunn would have hung around until october and we would have never got lambert..instead the spectacular capitulation gave mcnally all the ammo he needed to act ruthlessly  and the rest is history... thanks to theo gunns ineptitude was  magnified x 100 ...thankyou theo [:D][/quote]

That is quite simply the best way of looking at his unfortunate time at the club, I wholeheartedly second those sentiments  sir!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I don''t think there is one City supporter who''s sad to see him go... Maybe Gunn?[/quote]You can count me on that list as well.I''m stunned at the attitudes displayed by many fans towards Theo, especially when a number of those fans were up in arms when players like Lappin, Hoolahan and Doherty were stuck in the reserves.Lappin has been an important part of our season (although I think he''s too lightweight tbh) yet if left to Roeder he''d never have played for us again, despite a good attitude and working hard in training/reserve games.Doherty only got called back due a string of injuries, not because he was awesome in reserve matches/training, as far as he was concerned he was just waiting for the move to come along.Hoolahan was clearly stuck in there to make a point, but even now despite his ability gives us some issues due to the necessary formation options to accomodate him fully.Theo however was given no fair chance. He only missed the JPT game because no-one bothered to tell him about the match - a fact that the club have never denied. It''s clearly a combination of his opening day performance and Lambert''s own view that has restricted his opportunity, and it''s wrong tbh.Thierry Henry went something like 17 games without scoring when Arsenal signed him, but if the view of many of our fans was applied, he''d have been binned into the reserves well before this point, his attitude dismissed as not being good enough, and with everyone claiming he was just an awful player and should be sold off instead of stealing money from the club, but we all know he shit Henry was don''t we...It makes no real difference to us as a club now, but seeing players treated like this really pisses me off.

Why does everyone blame gunn for his singing? it was Crook that found him.....and recommended him...but yeah, hes not going to get a game, so might as well leave....

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]He only missed the JPT game because no-one bothered to tell him about the match - a fact that the club have never denied. [/quote]I''m sorry but that is no excuse.  The club managed to keep it a secret from him?  How come a thousand or two fans managed to find out there was a game? 

He''s paid by the club to play football - which means turning up for the games.  He was in the squad, he should turn up.  No-one telling him that there is a game on is not an excuse.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why does everyone blame gunn for his singing? it was Crook that found him.....and recommended him...but yeah, hes not going to get a game, so might as well leave....[/quote]*I still don''t gunn as a manager....he was crap...

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]He only missed the JPT game because no-one bothered to tell him about the match - a fact that the club have never denied. [/quote]I''m sorry but that is no excuse.  The club managed to keep it a secret from him?  How come a thousand or two fans managed to find out there was a game? 

He''s paid by the club to play football - which means turning up for the games.  He was in the squad, he should turn up.  No-one telling him that there is a game on is not an excuse.

[/quote]I see...So it''s your contention that players who aren''t told they are in the matchday squad automatically travel to away games regardless???Of course he knew there was an away match, the point was that no-one bothered to tell him that he was in the squad to travel, and if you''re not in the squad, then you aren''t expected on the team bus...

[quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

So knowing that there is a game, also means you know what time the players coach leave Norwich then does it. As I understand it Theo was not in the managers plans & therefore didnt realise he was traveling to the game. Its not that he didnt turn up for the game as far as he knew he wasn''t required! 

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]I see...

So it''s your contention that players who aren''t told they are in the matchday squad automatically travel to away games regardless???

Of course he knew there was an away match, the point was that no-one bothered to tell him that he was in the squad to travel, and if you''re not in the squad, then you aren''t expected on the team bus...
[/quote]

You beat me too it IB!

How are players informed of their presence in the matchday squad? Does the club secretary ring them up individually and say "Hey Adam/Grant/Wesley, just thought I''d give you a call to let you know you''re in the matchday squad for the next game... yeah, no problem, see you on the coach."I might be wrong, but something tells me there might at least be a teamsheet floating about somewhere...?

" I don''t like to see the club wasting money on a player the manager has absolutely no intention of playing "

He would have been entitled to have his contract paid up so he was either going to get that ''wasted'' money paid monthly or as a lump sum now he has left. So no real saving of ''waste'' at all........unless

He gets a contract with another club, which is the usual scenario hence him leaving. The player usually gets the differenc between what he was paid at his former club and his new club - subject to it being a reasonable wage.

What hasn''t been mentioned is who recommended him to Gunn. Who did we have in Australia at the time ?