Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Dont usually do this but here is my ratings..

Forster..6 Did everything that was asked,which was hardly anything

Russ martin..7 Gave away 4 bad balls(more than rose!),but his link up play and tackles where generaaly spot on

Doc...6 Solid but not much presure from the cider men to warrant higher

Nelson...6 similar,but would give em extra half for timely interceptions twice

Rose..8 Best game yet..his first half was almost immaculate with great linking and passing,crossing was top notch..Almost went down a point,for 2nd half as 2 bad passes and one hoof ball for throw in with hoolie screaming for it and wouldve been away ,if rose wouldve seen him

Macca..8 gave them all sort of problems,and they doubled up on him on occasion,yet he still often got the ball away..looking like a young fox

Smith..9 How old is he? This guy ran the midfield and was a mixture of captain courages(B,robson)and waddle...

Hoolie...8 very similar to macca with them doubling up etc.,and very sharp at 1st time ball

Lappin...Again best game ive seen from him this season,twice giving ball away,1 where rose superbly intercpted to prevent a counter,was the reason he didnt get a 9

Holt..8,getting back to his best and scared the bejeesus outta them,,got great control for a big man,and i predict before the season is out,he will hit a hatrick(as long as hoolie dont claim his goals like today! ...Only joking it was hoolies just)

C.martin...8 This guy had it all in his locker today..Workrate was excellent,something that used to be a dirty word for him,coming back winning the ball,or ready to take apass..great passing vision to set macca away and hhe scored!

Unfair to judge subs as not on long enough,but none failed the team.. Whatta time to find our form again!  :)

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Do you not think Doc''s distribution today was excellent?
[/quote] I was judging him on his defensive duties,but fair point..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]You have to laugh don''t you.Doc and Nelson so superior to the Yeovil forwards that they have to be marked down.LOL,LOL and double LOL.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]smith MOTM by far, MacNamee i must be watching a  different game, though he was just average![/quote] Smithy was excellent and i think he could play in any league,if he continues with his rise...One for now and the future..Cmon, macca had more to deal with than most today with that guy i think called forbes,and some other always 2 upping on him,yet he still managed to feed balls into martin,holt..His corners werent so good i will grantholt you that! :)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

You have to laugh don''t you.

Doc and Nelson so superior to the Yeovil forwards that they have to be marked down.

LOL,LOL and double LOL.
[/quote] :) I think i may have gotta 5 today if i was playing lol

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]You have to laugh don''t you.Doc and Nelson so superior to the Yeovil forwards that they have to be marked down.LOL,LOL and double LOL.[/quote] :) I think i may have gotta 5 today if i was playing lol[/quote]Well my missus would have got at least that sitting in a deck chair on the goal line.

Agree with most of the original poster, I would add a few more for Doc, whose passing was brilliant.

My MOM was actually Hoola, yes Korey played brilliant, but Hoola was finding the passes, getting in the tackles in and yes, even heading it.

Glad to see the stength in depth when we can bring 2 decent forwards on to protect Martin and Holt.

Hoola, Doc, Korey, joint MOM. Great from all three. Didn''t see Doc hug once. Smith destined for high office. Hoola doing what Hoola does best: always looking to receive anywhere on the pitch; always looking for the killer pass.

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="I am a Banana"]smith MOTM by far, MacNamee i must be watching a  different game, though he was just average![/quote] Smithy was excellent and i think he could play in any league,if he continues with his rise...One for now and the future..Cmon, macca had more to deal with than most today with that guy i think called forbes,and some other always 2 upping on him,yet he still managed to feed balls into martin,holt..His corners werent so good i will grantholt you that! :)[/quote]

weird that, as i thought that is corners were much better than normal.

I know Nelson had a bit of a mare when clearing the ball with his feet (thrupenny bit), but I thought he, with Doc, were bloody solid this afternoon.Obviously, Smith was awesome too, but I thought the way they completely annuled the opposition was amazing.

Doc and Korey were the two who stood out for me. I thought Mcnamee had his worst game yet. Didn''t seem to want to run at defenders and was always hanging back too deep when we were moving forward with the ball.

The lads controlled that game from start to finish. All played their part superbly. So much so Yovil had a total of 1 very lame 35 yard shot at goal. It was a good day for everyone I felt.

Long may it continue

Mine:Forster: 6 - Did nothing except kick - which he still had trouble withMartin (R) : 7 - Thought he got forward well and defended okay. At times his distribution could have been better.Rose: 8 - Very good yesterday. Strong into the tackle winning possession on a number of occasions. I thought his distribution and movement was good as well. More of this, please Mr Rose!Doherty: 8 - Absolutely nothing got past the Doc - and he gets an extra point from me from dribbling the ball around the Yeovil strikers, eliciting "There''s only one Ginger Pele" chants from the crowd. Awesome.Nelson: 6 - Won every header he came for and had the beating of the Yeovil striker he was marking from minute 1 until 93. However, his distribution consistently lets him down - which is a shame as he''s a good defender.McNamee: 9 - Had a hand in every goal, absolutely scared the Yeovil full back witless and crosses, corners and set pieces were generally amazing. Lappin: 6 - Played on the wing and did okay. For me, did not cross enough when had the opportunity though.Hoolahan: 7 - Probably my most controversial rating, I felt Hoolahan during the period between the first goal going in and the second goal was trying too hard and failing to spot the simple option, which lead to him losing or giving away the ball and leading to a Yeovil counter. However, when the second goal went in, looked comfortable and pulled the strings alongside KoreySmith: 9 - What a player this lad is. If McNamee and Hoolahan were running the middle, Smith was the one allowing them to do it. Pressured the Yeovil midfield all game, won balls, made some great little runs, and passed the ball to the wings on a number of occasions. I love a good midfielder, and Korey is definitely that. My MotM.Chrissy Martin: 7 - Did okay, worked hard up front, hasseled the defence and worked the channels. I do wish, however, he would pay greater attention to Grant Holt. If Holt moves to the wings, get in the box. Same with Mr Holt but in reverse. Took his goal very well - as always. Holt: 8 - His usual awesome self. Never stopped working, popped up all over the pitch, scored 1, should have had 2. If Lambert is God, this guy is Jesus. Ok, probably an overreaction, but you get my drift :)SubsStephen Elliot: 7 - Not a long time to show his stuff, but made some very telling runs. One in which he totally out paced the Yeovil defence to close a significant gap very quickly. Encouraging. Also seemed to hold the ball up well.Olly Johnson: 7 - Another who didn''t have long, but worked hard and linked up play nicely. Worked the channels again.Matty Gill: 6 - Did nothing wrong and played some good passes alongside some needless back passes. But at that point the game was won and we were killing time. Overall, a good performance today. Yes, between goals 1 and 2 were slightly frustrating but I think everyone watching knew Yeovil were not really capable of doing any serious damage and knew it was only going to go one way. Soon as goal 2 went in, it was pretty much all over. Huddesfield, Swindon and Leeds next - and every chance of taking 9 points. Do that, and I think it''s all over.

[quote user="jbghost"]Doc and Korey were the two who stood out for me. I thought Mcnamee had his worst game yet. Didn''t seem to want to run at defenders and was always hanging back too deep when we were moving forward with the ball.[/quote]

Worst game ever?? Macca was superb! ...His quik thinking,1st time passes to martin and his ability to stretch their defence to the wing leaving space in the middle,and still holding  onto the ball,were reminiscent of foxy! ...Only downside was his corners  were not as good as he can do