Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Davie Ross

Why no live home games on Sky?

Tomorrow night Colchester are at home on Sky for the second time in only a few weeks yet we, the league leaders, have not had a single televised home league game this season. Why? It is even more baffling when you consider that Sky have ignored the must-see showdown with Leeds later this month which I would have thought would be the perfect opportunity for Sky to make a long overdue visit to Carrow Road. Sometimes I think Sky choose their matches using a pin and blindfold!

True but selfishly would rather have our away games on Sky as its saves money travelling [:)] think we''ll have had 4 away games on Sky this season, now sure how many Leeds or Charlton have had.

[quote user="RonDavies"]Tomorrow night Colchester are at home on Sky for the second time in only a few weeks yet we, the league leaders, have not had a single televised home league game this season. Why? It is even more baffling when you consider that Sky have ignored the must-see showdown with Leeds later this month which I would have thought would be the perfect opportunity for Sky to make a long overdue visit to Carrow Road. Sometimes I think Sky choose their matches using a pin and blindfold![/quote]Norwich V Leeds is the same weekend as the JPT final, hence why we arent being shown. I reckon we will have been live more than most of the teams in our division this season, we have also been on in the league cup and FA cup. Id much rather our away games were shown for reasons already stated.

[quote user="RonDavies"]Sometimes I think Sky choose their matches using a pin and blindfold![/quote]

No, they''re not that clever

lets not forget the beeb can also choose to screen live games.. im suprised they havent picked us vs Leeds.. i suppose they could still do so yet, half 5 kick off on the saturday or something.

bbc are only allowed to show championship games. plus id prefer we''re not on tv because we rarely ever win when on tv! hopefully we can change that at tranmere.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

lets not forget the beeb can also choose to screen live games.

[/quote]

BBC only have the rights to show 10 Championship matches over the whole season.

From Sky''s point of view, it makes sense to show our away games when 25,000+ Norwich fans are at home and likely to watch it. Tranmere v Norwich will get a bigger audience than Norwich v Tranmere. Leeds have had a few home games shown, but they''re a far bigger draw with the neutrals than us and have a lot more exiles/stayaways/glory hunters who don''t go to home games, thus will watch it on the box.