Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Board: Yes or No!.

There is now a divided camp amongst poster''s as to wether or not, the Board, in our opinion, are lying or telling the truth regarding the transfer budget. 

As a rough straw poll can sometimes be a good indication as to what''s really going on......

Do you believe them, yes or no?.

For me, they are telling some right old porky''s, I don''t trust them an inch!, simple as that really.

I believe them.  I genuine think Worthy will only be given £1.2M for the January transfer window.  If he has more I will be astounded. 

He needs more though.  Buying an Ashton could be the difference

No i bloody don''t.

We had 1m to spend on a striker in August, that wasn''t used. The share issue raised a further 1.2m did it not?

Well, by my maths thats 2.2m we should have in the budget....

Of course they''re telling porky''s, what has to be worked out is whether they have more or less to spend than they''re saying

I believe that the board do have a bigger budget than they are letting on but it will still not be enough to get the types of players we need. Is that a yes and a no?

OTBC

Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no no no.... YES/NO.

Wiz: Do you want to see us go the same way as Ipswich, Bradfor ect?

If we had £5mil to spen do you think players would come here anyway?

The way I see it is that the whole club has been on a steep learning curve this year. What is important is that everyone learns from this experiance to ensure that our long-term future is based in this League. While I do think that the club has not invested and should of had better long-term vision when it came to signing players in the summer (ie Ashton) any fan who has memory of this time last year can not accuss this board of lacking vision and not taking a chance!

If we get relegated this year I will be dissapointed but not as sad if we do not bounce stright back.

i''m not helping on this debate much but i''m undecide on this one, it does seem a little strange with some of there comments, i really do hope there is more to spend but i doubt it, but  ashton is the player out of all suggested that i would love to see here, did you see that they also prodict that they will have a 5 million profit for next year, but there are some q''s that really do need answering.

Do you really think the board are going to be that transparent about how much money is in the bank? There''s a lot of naive comments about this on the message boards and the fact is, all we know is that NCFC have money to spend in Jan.

How much? who cares, I trust Worthy to bring in quality players at affordable prices which won''t break the bank - and before you start shouting Scandinavian names at me - some of his recent buys are taking time to settle in but they''ve come from foreign leagues and only been here for a short time. I trust the board, I don''t trust the board - oh please! this is the best board and best manager we''ve had in a long time - don''t expect them to publish numbers for money in the bank - it''s none of your business and in the interest of the club to keep it quite or put up smoke screens - just let the media talk about £1.2M etc etc and let Worthy and the board concentrate on bringing in a striker who can hit a barn door - ah feel better now...

I''m most certainly for this current board, ''no contest'' as opposed to the previous Chase/Jones + their grovelling disciples debacle ( please don''t get me started!) Although, I do find Mr Munby somewhat patronising on most occasions......Doomcaster is only doing his "job", and is probably a fan of Alistair Campbell & Peter Mandelson!

I''m split 60/40 cos'' if it weren''t for Delia and hubby we would definitely be in dire-straits......

So I''m for the current board. But! At the end of the day, they''re business people with an interest financially both on and off the pitch....They also enjoy the perks/benefits that go with being on the illustrious board, including their Demigod status, and the flagons of ambrosia they consume whilst seated on their heated thrones!  Whilst sadly us mere mortals unfortunately have to sup overpriced fizzy lager and grunt, snort, fart, wheeze and belch, while shovelling pies & sausage rolls down our unworthy gullets during halftime in an overcrowded concourse! 

It could be worse though! Maybe if I had performed better at borstal, sorry- school, I may have acquired a taste for the finer things in life! Well "Wiz", we are stuck with what we''ve got  and that ain''t so bad compared to the nutters on the boards at Southampton, Pompey, Newcastle etc...etc...OTBC ;~) But, have they got the Club & loyal fans interests at heart?........Definitely Maybe

This is a really ignorant topic.

"Lying - or telling the truth?"

Has it occurred to you that keeping private the transfer budget is by far and away the best policy. Were you the chairman of the board, would you tell the world exactly how much you had to spend. - No, not if you had any sense you wouldn''t.

Whilst its frustrating, I am happy to trust in the Board. Was it only a year ago they astonished us with the three loanees - and astonished us even more when landing Hux. That was, by their words, a calculated gamble.

So I for one am prepared to sit it out and see what happens. They made it quite clear at the start of the campaign that they had a number of scenarios planned to deal with this season and the longer term. Didn''t hear this moaning then.

"Lying - or telling the truth?" I dunno. You sound like a bunch of kids!!

This guy is always trying to stir it up for someone, the trouble being he can''t settle on who it should be - one day it''s Worthy, then it''s the board, then it''s Gary Holt, then it''s the board again, then it''s Worthy, then the board, and on and on. It doesn''t really matter to him as long as he can moan. Does anyone still him seriously? What a pain in the *rse he is.

I''m right behind Ayrton and Old Boy on this one. Couldn''t have put it better myself. In fact I wasn''t even going to bother posting and dragging this thread back up to the top until I saw that you two had echoed my thoughts very accurately.

It''s virtually not necessary to click on a Wizard-started thread because you already know the nonsense that it''ll contain.

Can all those of you who seem to be so willing to back up his non-stop griping and sniping please return to reality and remind yourselves of the days when the board really weren''t to be trusted.

It''s a good job we didn''t spend as much as West Brom did or you lot would probably have torched Carrow Rd by now.

[quote]I''m right behind Ayrton and Old Boy on this one. Couldn''t have put it better myself. In fact I wasn''t even going to bother posting and dragging this thread back up to the top until I saw that you two ...[/quote]

Barclay in Chile: You did!, its very simple, even you should be able to understand it!. 

If you dislike my thread''s and posts so much (though many do) don''t read them, yes?.

Old Boy and AT: The day I worry about what you two think, will be the day I pack it in.

Both your idea''s are ancient, safe, and ''tow the line''. And most of all, predictable and boring.

Sorry (not).

Morning Wiz...... sir,

Shall I re-book the relaxation therapy session again for this week Relaxing thoughts sir, relaxing thoughts...

I have to admit, when we came up this year I was a little short sighted and was one that believed blindly that we would cruise through and be here for years!! I have since come back down to earth, thanks to some more realistic views i have read on here, people''s thoughts on the long term vision and the road that the club may or may not have to take etc... (and ofcourse the season so far) Thus my views have changed dramatically concerning the business of the board, the spending and availabilty of funds etc... I used to think that we were all just getting the short end of the straw everytime, but I am now starting to lean towards this train of thought.. "prepare for the future"... as much as I hate to think of our fine club as just a "business", it is in reality, and nobody who runs a business wants to "honestly" run it into the ground... So, with all the renovations to the ground, the building of the hotel etc, and maybe even the witholding of certain amounts of funds... it does appear that the club and board are thinking of the future and preparing for it. Strengthening our club, to again do battle but with more strength in the future (regardless of if we stay up or not)... there''s little I can do other than voice my opinion, so i will put my faith in them (the club) for now... but know this, NCFC is still and will always be more than "just" a business to me... and regardless of my wants, I would rather we survived, than went to the grave... (or got sold to some real t*ss*rs, cos as said, deals and hubby aint that bad)...

I understand your frustratioin Wiz..... sir, but so I can relax and enjoy the rest of the season, I am venturing into new fields of thought... just to avoid getting frustrated,

And as I wise man once said...

"Look to the future... but learn to live, love and respect in the present... thus in doing so, any man or woman shall not only be at ease with ones self and their environment, but also well prepared for lifes little challenges... present and future..." well said I think...

I don''t think that its a case of the board leaving the fans inthe dark, yest I truly think that there will be more than 1.2 million.  How much sense does it make to publish to the entire footballing world that we have 1.2 million, so messers Crewe & West ham can merely put there prices up for ashton & Harewood.  You don''t reveal how much money you have to spend, thats pure common sense.  All the board are doing is keeping us fans planting on the floor by saying we won''t be buying a new forward for 6 million.

There is also clearly a big hint from the manager that there is more, he says that he won''t break the bank, but then goes on to say we are looking at players and the kind of player that will score those 15-20 goals will cost a couple of million of pounds.  So if that was the case, whats the point in looking we only have 1.2. 

I think the truth is the board will spend a safe figure in giving us a fighting chance of staying up, while making sure we don''t go under, if it doesn''t happen. 

So if Crewe say 1.8 million for Ashton i think we would probably pay it, but if they were to say 3 million then its unlikely.  Then again nigel did his little bit with darren bent so you never know.  On top of this what about malky going to west ham all of a sudden anything to do with Harewood.

Anyway comments welcome

OTBC

[quote]Barclay in Chile: You did!, its very simple, even you should be able to understand it!. If you dislike my thread''s and posts so much (though many do) don''t read them, yes?. Old Boy and AT: The day ...[/quote]

Barclay in Chile: You did!, its very simple, even you should be able to understand it!.

If you dislike my thread''s and posts so much (though many do) don''t read them, yes?.

Wizard, Why are you such a condescending sh*t? Can''t you see that the majority of us are bored of you egocentric ranting.
I do try to avoid reading your threads, but frankly the laughable nature of your nonsense forces a response now and again, it helps to warn those few posters who aren''t already familiar with your non-stop whining.

I wouldn''t say that they were lying. Just that they''re spinning the facts and ,to use a stupid phrase, trying to manage the fans'' expectations at every opportunity they get.

I firmly believe that if we wanted to spent £3m in January we could. Think about it, by saying that there''s only £1.2m available the board are saying that if all shares had been redeemed, there would be no funds available and that therefore they''d planned for absolutely no spending in the transfer window. I don''t believe that for a moment.

It''s not lies, it''s just apocalyptic presentation of the facts.

[quote]Barclay in Chile: You did!, its very simple, even you should be able to understand it!. If you dislike my thread''s and posts so much (though many do) don''t read them, yes?. Old Boy and AT: The day ...[/quote]

....."Both your idea''s are ancient, safe and ''tow the line''. And most of all, predicable and boring".....

Another great line to go with the one from the other day

....."dumb, stupid and those with bloody blind faith"....

Magic Wiz Magic.

Get over yourself mate, you''re entitled to your opinion just the same as everyone else but you are becoming "predicable and boring" trotting out the old chestnut about the board again and again.  And before you say it I do like reading your posts, your humourous Wizard posts are good value so take a chill pill on the board for a while and sit back and lets see what transpires.  After all there,s not a lot we can do about it.

Oh and for the record I think we will have more money come January just dont shout about it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let''s see what "Santa" brings eh!.... It don''t take a shrewd business person, to work out that the club is holding it''s cards so close to it''s chest- it''s bruised two of it''s ribs.

You don''t disclose your battle plans to the "baddies" before a "scrap" do you? Silly money will be bandied about in January for mediocre footballers, but, a bargain will be in there somewhere! Biggy clubs might snap up the Prima Donner Kebabs, who don''t mind languishing on the bench and aren''t bothered about playing regular football. 

I think "CROUCHing tiger" will be here to do battle with Malky in January......Don''t quote me, a little Elf told me.... OTBC ;~)  

Calm down Wiz.

This latest rant might provoke old Yankee Canary to write up another end of term report for you raking over the inconsistencies in your arguments.

The last one had me in stitches

[quote]Calm down Wiz. This latest rant might provoke old Yankee Canary to write up another end of term report for you raking over the inconsistencies in your arguments. The last one had me in stitches[/quote]

Maybe I''ve picked the wrong time to give up smoking Ayrton, and that''s not a wind up!. Its bloody torture mate.

Yes, I did overreact, and I apologise most sincerely to you for that.

However, I shall try to stay calm, and suck my 50th damn mint today!.

Barclay in Chile: That''s just nasty, and I see no point in any more discussion between us, when you think me to be nothing more than a condescending s**t.

Very sad.