Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

for people moaning about our players.

just read this quote regarding yesterdays game ,and how wound up i feel people are saying "we need to drop martin and hoolihan and holt is not as good ,since he came back from suspension."

this is how good our players have been this season .....when compairing with another team in the same division...........................................................

.With Norwich''s trio of leading scorers having hit 60 goals, the gulf between the two sides was there for all to see. Norwich got 18 goal attempts during the match. Yeovil managed just Jean-Paul Kalala''s first half attempt. With Yeovil''s leading goalscorer Jonathan Obika no longer with the club, and second placed Dean Bowditch missing out through injury, it''s worth noting that Yeovil''s entire starting eleven have scored 20 goals between them - six less than Grant Holt has managed on his own this season. When that''s the playing field that both sides are operating to, it''s little surprise that the Glovers came up short today. The only consolation is that Yeovil are not the first and they won''t be the last to fall at Carrow Road this season. Move on, and prepare for Hartlepool United next weekend, and write this game off

the pure powder puff coments im hearing regarding our players ,and lambert rightly not understanding peoples coments .... to be honest i have to agree with man .

well done every norwich player................ and  take the critics coment as utter c**p

I don''t think ''dropping'' is the right word. Rested is perhaps the right word.I don''t think Hoolahan should be dropped, or rested, he''s been flawless.Martin seems to have lost a bit of the hunger to chase opportunities. I think resting him could have a positive effect on his return.

I suggested dropping/resting Hoolahan about 6-8 weeks ago, leading up to the Milwall game and fair enough, he has come good again. Yesterday was a welcome return to form and domination doesn''t really describe it justly because it was more than domination. I just feel, that when you have a squad as good as ours, against some teams you need to use it. But PL is the gaffer and what a fantastic job hes done. Hes the guy who sees the players daily and in training so he knows whos carrying knocks, whos struggling with form and he makes the decisions.

We are so close to the finish line now, hopefully we can pick up 4-7 points over the next 3 games.

Come on you yellows!!!!!

Might i also just add, any time i do suggest replacing someone, i try and reason as to who and why the should come in. Ie i was calling for Macca to come in when he hadn''t started a game, but PL seems to have found a way the team can play with Hoola and Macca. Not too sure if they''ll both start the next 3 games. Personally i think we should, let other teams worry about us especially now they are shipping goals, however these 3 games are not must wins, rather must not lose.

[quote user="singing canary"]

just read this quote regarding yesterdays game ,and how wound up i feel people are saying "we need to drop martin and hoolihan and holt is not as good ,since he came back from suspension."

this is how good our players have been this season .....when compairing with another team in the same division...........................................................

.With Norwich''s trio of leading scorers having hit 60 goals, the gulf between the two sides was there for all to see. Norwich got 18 goal attempts during the match. Yeovil managed just Jean-Paul Kalala''s first half attempt. With Yeovil''s leading goalscorer Jonathan Obika no longer with the club, and second placed Dean Bowditch missing out through injury, it''s worth noting that Yeovil''s entire starting eleven have scored 20 goals between them - six less than Grant Holt has managed on his own this season. When that''s the playing field that both sides are operating to, it''s little surprise that the Glovers came up short today. The only consolation is that Yeovil are not the first and they won''t be the last to fall at Carrow Road this season. Move on, and prepare for Hartlepool United next weekend, and write this game off

the pure powder puff coments im hearing regarding our players ,and lambert rightly not understanding peoples coments .... to be honest i have to agree with man .

well done every norwich player................ and  take the critics coment as utter c**p

[/quote]

I agree 100%.... Martin''s scored 20 goals and again on saturday and everyone is saying he should be dropped?? why? i think the players and lambert know these people are talking complete cr*p and will not take any notice.

Is a shame our so called fans need to complain about one of the best if not the best finisher in the league instead of getting behind them getting the confidence levels back up. Martin is a confidence player dropping him will not help the goal saturday and the standing ovation as he went off is exacly what he needed. lambert is a good manager and knows this and he will be starting our next game. Is very likely to score aswell!

Martin for me looked tired most of the game but he scored and now has 20 goals to his name so you can''t complain about the end product. All to often blinkered supporters get easily taken by players who look good but produce little - Lee Crofts totally unjustified POTS award last season is evidence of this!

Messrs Johnson and Mcdonald have looked good coming of the bench this season but when they have started they haven''t looked as good!

Martin should stay in but we have Elliot who looked sharp and Johnson waiting on the bench if Martin is having a poor game!

Yeah I get fed up with all the moaners. Some fans seem to think we should be winning every game by 4-5 clear goals but in the real world this rarely happens. You only have look at most cup games when lower League teams play against higher League opposition and you''ll see that the igher league team normally has to scrap and don''t have it all their own way. For Norwich, this season being top of the League, crowds that are still bigger than a few in the Premiership and simply of the biggest clubs in the 3rd Division we''re massive scalps and targets for little clubs and their lower League players so it is like a cup game every time for us!

You only have to look at Leeds and Forest both clubs who most people would consider bigger clubs than Norwich (although I personally don''t think Forest are any bigger then us!) who have took 3 seasons to get out of this League and in Leeds'' case maybe longer. Yes this League isn''t the strongest quality wise but it isn''t easy getting out of it!

agree wiz ,i was reading the posts after the southampton game . i could not believe the amount of panic that set in . southamton got relegated with us last year and had 10 points deducted and have had some good investment and bought some quality players . to lose to them (on the very few times we have lost) is no big deal to start dropping players that have performed well in the last 13 or 14 games . a post having a go at foster for taking too long in kicking the ball out..???  what next ..? ,,do anyone blame foster we were 3-0 up and game over, what goal keeper would not kill a few minutes late in a game ..? i appriciate peoples thoughts on resting players ..rest them if the team is losing or that player start costing us points . if it isnt broken you dont fix it ... to be honest im delighted with every player this season ..especially after our biggest hidding in our history ,to be top by 7 points just into march ..

players need a good pat on the back for what they have done so far ..we should be giving them more confidence not taking away from them ,

I think it''s good to be proactive rather than reactive. Dropping players is probably not the right term but to rotate maybe useful now and again to keep players on their toes. The thing about the team this season is even if you took Martin out for a game, whoever replaced him I would be confident of them grabbing a goal too.