Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

F A cup

Does anyone think that the Premier league clubs should be excluded from it, I do for the reasons it''s getting very boring as we almost know who is going to be at the final, and the other reason why I think they should be excluded is the prize money would help lower league clubs , and as well as that the premier league is, correct me if I''m wrong run by its own set of rules, anyway they get more financial aid from other things like Sky and the others, Now I may be talking rubbish but I''m sure many would agree that no prem clubs would make it more interesting

Daft idea, if they excluded the Premiership teams then it would just be another paint pot cup with Championship teams competing. That''s why the FA cup is so prestigious because everyone wants to win it.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Daft idea, if they excluded the Premiership teams then it would just be another paint pot cup with Championship teams competing. That''s why the FA cup is so prestigious because everyone wants to win it.[/quote]

Not a daft idea in theroy, I just think that possibly the F.A Cup is the wrong competition to consider this for. Wembley, you''re right the whole magic behind the F.A Cup is around the fact that every F.A member club in the country plays in it and wants to win it.

How about making the League Cup into the Football League Cup?

I think that may be a more viable option...

[quote user="pete_norw"]Does anyone think that the Premier league clubs should be excluded from it, I do for the reasons it''s getting very boring as we almost know who is going to be at the final, and the other reason why I think they should be excluded is the prize money would help lower league clubs , and as well as that the premier league is, correct me if I''m wrong run by its own set of rules, anyway they get more financial aid from other things like Sky and the others, Now I may be talking rubbish but I''m sure many would agree that no prem clubs would make it more interesting[/quote]

Fail

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Daft idea, if they excluded the Premiership teams then it would just be another paint pot cup with Championship teams competing. That''s why the FA cup is so prestigious because everyone wants to win it.[/quote]

Not a daft idea in theroy, I just think that possibly the F.A Cup is the wrong competition to consider this for. Wembley, you''re right the whole magic behind the F.A Cup is around the fact that every F.A member club in the country plays in it and wants to win it.

[/quote]

I think the issue with that would be that people wouldn''t be bothered about winning it, a competition like that wouldn''t attract much TV interest, therefore not much money and as a result not much excitement for those in it. Are the top teams of league 1 bothered by the JPT? No, and I doubt the top champ teams would be interested in a Football League Cup either.

[/quote]

Yes well they would probably be more willing to do that and as I said I might be talking rubbish, but I''m thinking of the rewarding prize money, Now look at Portsmouth, all thier prize moneyshoud go on debts, Will it though.

[/quote]

The problem with that idea is that if they did exclude prem teams from the League or FA cup then the prize money would go down and no one would be too fussed about winning it any more, much like the JPT.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="taintedtom2000"]

[/quote] The problem with that idea is that if they did exclude prem teams from the League or FA cup then the prize money would go down and no one would be too fussed about winning it any more, much like the JPT.[/quote]

Yep, that''s exactly my thoughts too.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]Does anyone think that the Premier league clubs should be excluded from it, I do for the reasons it''s getting very boring as we almost know who is going to be at the final, and the other reason why I think they should be excluded is the prize money would help lower league clubs , and as well as that the premier league is, correct me if I''m wrong run by its own set of rules, anyway they get more financial aid from other things like Sky and the others, Now I may be talking rubbish but I''m sure many would agree that no prem clubs would make it more interesting[/quote]

Fail

[/quote]

ILMAO

we don''t know who will be in the final... year before last it was pompey vs cardiff, who thought that? Millwall, Southampton have been in the final in recent history as well...

That final easily could have been West Brom v Cardiff too. Plus, that year Barnsley got a trip to Wembley, and this year Reading nearly got there!

Also, I''m sure, even though Leeds didn''t get to the latter stages, they thoroughly enjoyed beating United at Old Trafford and getting a draw at White Hart Lane.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

That final easily could have been West Brom v Cardiff too. Plus, that year Barnsley got a trip to Wembley, and this year Reading nearly got there!

Also, I''m sure, even though Leeds didn''t get to the latter stages, they thoroughly enjoyed beating United at Old Trafford and getting a draw at White Hart Lane.

[/quote]

OK OK I stand corrected sorry I spoke and all that, never mind Ay 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

OK OK I stand corrected sorry I spoke and all that, never mind Ay 

[/quote]

I think it''s a good idea in theory, i.e. the prospect of exciting games between closely matched teams and a trip to Wembley etc. However reality (and by that really I mean money) dictates that it would end up being like the JPT.