Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Plonk down 20 quid and make 1 quid!

Skybet now has City at odds of 1/20 for promotion. Yep. Plonk down 20 and they''ll give you back 21. That''s still a better rate of return than keeping your money in a savings account these days - and an ultra low risk investment I''d say!!! 5% in less than 3 months. Hmmm.....

Leeds 1/3

Charlton 2/1

Colchester 9/4

Swindon 3/1

Millwall 7/2

Huddersfield 4/1

Southampton 8/1

MK Dons 10/1

(No offers on the rest)

Strangely enough Coral expects some mug to bet on Yeovil at 250/1.

For the bookies it''s clearly all over for us this season bar the shouting.But of course we''re all too nervous to even raise a triumphal whisper. And rightly so.

But it feels good eh!! Shhh....  [:D]

OTBC

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]You should have been quicker. I got 4/1 to win the league just before christmas[/quote]

Likewise there are those who got even better odds earlier in the season.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]You should have been quicker. I got 4/1 to win the league just before christmas[/quote]

[/quote]

If anyone had the guts to back us straight after getting bashed 7-1 by Colchester I salute you. Although I don''t whether that should be regarded as genius or insanity.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ll stick with my 7/1[/quote]

Thats what I''ve got too [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ll stick with my 7/1[/quote]

Thats what I''ve got too [:D]

[/quote]

Well done, Angel.  We''d have to be very unlucky not to pick up our winnings... [<:o)]

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

If anyone had the guts to back us straight after getting bashed 7-1 by Colchester I salute you. Although I don''t whether that should be regarded as genius or insanity.

[/quote]Got a tenner straight after Colchester for us to get promoted, at 3-1. Im tempted to stick a fiver on us not to go up just to cover myself. I think 1/20 is way too short on us going up given the nature of this league so far this season.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

And your point is?

OTBC

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I know someone who lumped a fair bit on us at 16/1 after the Colchester horror show ( the price went out to 20/1 two or three weeks later )To protect his bank balance from further damage sectioning under the Mental Health Act seemed the only solution at the time but as things have turned out perhaps it wasn''t such a '' One Flew Over The Cuckoo''s Nest '' moment after all.........

I work in Corals and I know due to the local fanbase we will be stung if we will the league.  Was going to put some money on at a rival bookmakers at 25/1 just after Lambert took over but hesitated for some reason. A lot of punters who I spoke to about it have been ribbing me about it ever since!If Norwich win along with Newcastle and Chelsea winning their respective leagues I doubt many bookies shop''s in Norfolk will be making much of a profit this year on football bets!!

if the team in 2nd need to make 5 goals on norwich in the last game of the season and you could get odds of 1/33 would you have a bet on your life savings?

I put £37 on MK Dons, £60 on Huddersfield and £70 on City at around 7/1 before the start of the season to be League One Champions.

After watching the 7-1 loss to Colchester I went home and put £91 on City to win the league between 11/1 and 12/1 (on Betfair).

I then got the wobbles a few weeks ago and put £390 on Leeds to ensure I didn''t lose anything as I was sure they would win the league.

Now I stand to win £878 if City win the title and £55 if Leeds do.

Tempted to have a bit more on Leeds at 100/30 before tomorrow night as one City loss and two Leeds wins this week would shrink our seven point lead to just one point.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

And your point is?

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s not too hard is it? Just an observation of how the odds have see-sawed this season, much as your OP is an observation of the odds at the moment. I do apologise for contributing to your thread, for a change it was actually semi-interesting and not the vague drivel you usually post. Perhaps that is what threw me?

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

No, just knew that City couldn''t get any worse than day one!

[/quote]

It is a lot of money though.

Over the course of a calender year how much would you expect to be up/down by?

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

I put £37 on MK Dons, £60 on Huddersfield and £70 on City at around 7/1 before the start of the season to be League One Champions.

After watching the 7-1 loss to Colchester I went home and put £91 on City to win the league between 11/1 and 12/1 (on Betfair).

I then got the wobbles a few weeks ago and put £390 on Leeds to ensure I didn''t lose anything as I was sure they would win the league.

Tempted to have a bit more on Leeds at 100/30 before tomorrow night as one City loss and two Leeds wins this week would shrink our seven point lead to just one point.

[/quote]

If Swindon make a late surge and win the title on the last day your going to be bloody devastated!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote] If Swindon make a late surge and win the title on the last day your going to be bloody devastated![/quote]

Charlton or Col U are more likely challengers in my opinion!

For me, that level of risk isn''t worth the reward. Each to there own though of course.