Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

Football League Show???

sorry if this has been put, but can someone explain why we didnt even get a mention and we are 7 points clear, we seemed to have more coverage when we were chasing. Not impressed, maybe we will get a bit when we win the league!!!

I Sky+ the show and watch it the next day, so I can fast forward through the opinion of the “experts”.

I reckon if they cut out the experts waffle we could nearly double the amount of highlights, and the BBC would save on the salary cost of Messrs Claridge, Savage and Rosenior.

The texts and emails bit is the only chat worth listening to.

Exactly my thoughts after watching it CC. I can''t help thinking if it was still Leeds up there instead of us there would be more time devoted to the team at the top. Guess we have spoiled it for the media pundits who expected the ''mughty'' Leeds to be running away with it.

Apart from the lack of Norwich coverage I have to say the show is a very poor relation to the slick and professional MoTD that it follows. I would both care and take note of the comments and opinions of people such as AH, ML, GL and AS...........But this lot, who really cares.

In conclusion. With the exception of being able to see the goals I am very disappointed with all aspects of the show. And as for the Monday night offering! Nuf said I think.

[quote user="25overpar"]Exactly my thoughts after watching it CC. I can''t help thinking if it was still Leeds up there instead of us there would be more time devoted to the team at the top. Guess we have spoiled it for the media pundits who expected the ''mughty'' Leeds to be running away with it.

Apart from the lack of Norwich coverage I have to say the show is a very poor relation to the slick and professional MoTD that it follows. I would both care and take note of the comments and opinions of people such as AH, ML, GL and AS...........But this lot, who really cares.

In conclusion. With the exception of being able to see the goals I am very disappointed with all aspects of the show. And as for the Monday night offering! Nuf said I think.[/quote]Really? I think Shearer and Lawrenson are absolutley awful.

I was amazed the usual soundbite from Grayson wasn''t on. For the last few weeks while we''ve been top Lambert hasn''t been interviewed yet Grayson has. Not this week though.

Cut out all the crap and just show the football. I''m sure you could feature each game for longer and not have waffle from Claridge and Rosenior and co. Didn''t Claridge change his mind about us anyway, someone should send a message to that lady reading emails stating that.

Regardless of whether we win the league, if Leeds also get promoted they''ll receive the bulk of the praise, probably focussing on how they managed to go up despite a run of poor form, coupled with some clips of their ''heroic'' win over Manure in the cup.  That''s just the way the media operate, but you can console yourselves with the thought that had they not imploded so spectacularly going from European football to League 1 in the space of a few short years, then they probably wouldn''t be interested in the ''Leeds story''.It would be nice if the FLS actually showed more footy, but the longer we''re out of the limelight, the less chance there is of our players getting over-exposed as ''doing a Beckford''...OTBC!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="25overpar"]Exactly my thoughts after watching it CC. I can''t help thinking if it was still Leeds up there instead of us there would be more time devoted to the team at the top. Guess we have spoiled it for the media pundits who expected the ''mughty'' Leeds to be running away with it.

In conclusion. With the exception of being able to see the goals I am very disappointed with all aspects of the show. And as for the Monday night offering! Nuf said I think.[/quote]Really? I think Shearer and Lawrenson are absolutley awful.[/quote]

got to agree

I just makes me laugh ts a football league show and we are 7 clear and no mention!!! but in the grand scheme of things i couldnt care less whether we get a mention, as long as we win the league! just get the feeling there might be some leeds fans on the production team!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]I just makes me laugh ts a football league show and we are 7 clear and no mention!!! but in the grand scheme of things i couldnt care less whether we get a mention, as long as we win the league!

just get the feeling there might be some leeds fans on the production team!
[/quote]

I agree it''s woeful coverage. Whilst the Championship on ITV provided less time on each match, I did like the format of minimal chat and just football. I''d rather see 10 seconds extra on each game than listen to Leroy/Claridge jabbering on, sitting on the fence constantly!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]I just makes me laugh ts a football league show and we are 7 clear and no mention!!! but in the grand scheme of things i couldnt care less whether we get a mention, as long as we win the league!

just get the feeling there might be some leeds fans on the production team!
[/quote]

I agree it''s woeful coverage. Whilst the Championship on ITV provided less time on each match, I did like the format of minimal chat and just football. I''d rather see 10 seconds extra on each game than listen to Leroy/Claridge jabbering on, sitting on the fence constantly!

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

[QUOTE]I would both care and take note of the comments and opinions of people such as AH, ML, GL and AS...........But this lot, who really cares. In conclusion.

You take note of Mark Lawrenson?!?!!?!?  

MEGA Lol!

[QUOTE]

Mmm, that''s a bit over the top ! Love him or hate him you have to recognise that given his experience, the level he played at for many years and his achievements Mark Lawrenson know just a little more about football than you do.