Sign in to follow this  
Woman in the Stands (WITS)

Oops Archant - please correct the home page!

There were a couple of people I know of who were praying for a late Yeovil goal to make it 3-1, as one of the betting specials was a Leeds draw and a 3-1 Norwich win double at 65-1.

Anyone else get unlucky with this bet?

i saw that bet, brilliant odds considering leeds didnt have an easy game, and depending on the performance of rose, and nelson we could have easily let yeovil sneak a goal.

The morning after the Southend game I grabbed myself a copy of the EDP for the coach ride only to find we have a bunch of Roses (sorry) playing for us, Danny Rose was plastered all over the reports by a certain MB......tut tut tut

Panic over it''s been sorted, wow that''s impressive, WITS clicks her fingers and it''s job done....nice!

Is the Kings Lynn page wrong too ???????

Linnets go forward as Lynn Town

Last updated: 07/03/2010 12:45:00

King''s Lynn Town was formally adopted on Friday night as the official name for the new-look Linnets.

More than 100 supporters attended the club''s first fans'' forum since chairman Buster Chapman was awarded the lease on the council-owned Walks Stadium.

King''s Lynn Town was the overwhelming choice over Lynn Town and the club''s trading name Lynn FC following a public vote and ballot.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i saw that bet, brilliant odds considering leeds didnt have an easy game, and depending on the performance of rose, and nelson we could have easily let yeovil sneak a goal.[/quote]I know of a lot of people who stupidly lost their accumulators due to Leeds, the bookies were lucky this weekend!!! 

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

There were a couple of people I know of who were praying for a late Yeovil goal to make it 3-1, as one of the betting specials was a Leeds draw and a 3-1 Norwich win double at 65-1.

Anyone else get unlucky with this bet?

[/quote]Yeh thats happened to me before. Think it was the home game against brighton the special was Swindon and carlisle both to win and us to win 2-0. The other two won and i seem to remember carlisle came from 3-0 down to win but of course we won 4-1 instead of 2-0

Based on their current form, no way were Leeds a certainty to win, so that was nothing to do with luck of the bookies IMO.