Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

the hate alan green thrread

i know theres been a few threads about this tosser lately but last nights 606   was just too much.. he`s so pro leeds its ridiculous  he wants them back not just in the championship but in the prem ..they should never be at this level according to him..a charlton fan phoned up and said its a question of who goes up with norwich ? and green said  "are norwich that good "  his tone said that obviously he thought they weren`t ..he then starts going on about leeds again.. i hate this basin headed ugly charmless troll  ..he`s a bloody disgrace to broadcasting  [:@]

He is so self opinionated it’s unbelievable. I have disliked him for many years. Only last night he told a caller rudely to “go away” and cut him off because he didn’t want to answer the callers question about goal line replays.

It''s never long before I have to turn him off.

[quote user="Depraved"]

He is so self opinionated it’s unbelievable. I have disliked him for many years. Only last night he told a caller rudely to “go away” and cut him off because he didn’t want to answer the callers question about goal line replays.

[/quote]That was because the caller in question was rude and obnoxious and kept saying "even if it was your beloved Liverpool, Alan?"And Alan Green only asked "are Norwich that good?" because the other caller said it was a race to see "who goes up with Norwich", therefore implying we are already up.  In that context, it''s a reasonable question.Yes he is opionated but I''d much rather have Alan Green than the alternative i.e. a bland, insipid yes man like "DJ Spoony" who just agrees with everything everyone says.Garbriel Marcotti, on the other hand - now there''s a knobhead.

[quote user="Depraved"]

[/quote]That was because the caller in question was rude and obnoxious and kept saying "even if it was your beloved Liverpool, Alan?"And Alan Green only asked "are Norwich that good?" because the other caller said it was a race to see "who goes up with Norwich", therefore implying we are already up.  In that context, it''s a reasonable question.Yes he is opionated but I''d much rather have Alan Green than the alternative i.e. a bland, insipid yes man like "DJ Spoony" who just agrees with everything everyone says.Garbriel Marcotti, on the other hand - now there''s a knobhead.

There are two possible explanations for this

The Kind One

The only times he has watched Leeds play this season have been in the FA Cup where they turned over Man Utd and acquiited themselves well against Spurs. So from that he would not unfarily infer they should walk league 1. This isnt necessarily his fault because his job is to cover top flight games so the knowledge he has of us is understandably small given that we have only been on tele against MK Dons, Leeds, Sunderland and Paulton Rovers this season. We are  in league 1 remember so we wont get a lot of coverage. 30 seconds at midnight on the football league show to be exact....

The Not So Kind One

Alan Green''s opinion however is based on the fact that he still thinks Leeds are a massive club who still get 30,000 a week despite being in league 1. No other club like Norwich, Southampton, Swindon or Colchester has any right to match them on a football field because we are all tiny little insigficant provincial teams. He is therefore an idiot whose opinion is no more valid than some of the people who appear on WACCOE.

Which one is correct you decide. In reality probably a bit of both. What I have learnt though in the last couple of seasons from Norwich''s experiences are that a big fan base and top facilities do not guarantee success. It is the players and the management who win football matches. At the moment we have more players capable of doing that than Leeds. Hence our position at the top of the table.

Chops - spot on. That Marcotti fella (just where is that accent from exactly?!) just constantly disagrees with people for the sake of disagreeing and some of the points he makes are just bizarrely stupid.

I also refuse to give any credibility to anyone who presents an apparently serious footballing discussion show who goes by the name "DJ Spoony". Nor indeed does those who employ him deserve credibility either.

I have always hated Green - the fact that he is paid to watch footba and yet on nearly every commentry he finds something to moan about!! Much prefer the other main commentator on 5 live (don''t know his name, the one with a north-east accent) maybe he should do 606 instead?

Well I like Alan Green. I think he''s entertaining, always interesting, he stands up for what''s right & wrong in football and he''s not afraid of upsetting a few people in authority by saying what he thinks. 

As a rule of thumb, I tend to agree with his views most of the time.

Sure he''s self opinionated but isn''t that what he''s there for - there''s not much point in having a phone in host who doesn''t have an opinion & just sits on the fence. 

If you''re that unhappy about it then surely the best thing to do is give him a call next time he''s on, probably tonight, and & put the record straight.

I for one look forward to hearing you.

Oh,  & he can probably spell "thread" correctly too.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Well I like Alan Green. I think he''s entertaining, always interesting, he stands up for what''s right & wrong in football and he''s not afraid of upsetting a few people in authority by saying what he thinks. 

Sure he''s self opinionated but isn''t that what he''s there for - there''s not much point in having a phone in host who doesn''t have an opinion & just sits on the fence. 

If you''re that unhappy about it then surely the best thing to do is give him a call next time he''s on, probably tonight, and & put the record straight.

[/quote]

oh you bitch , that last remark was so cutting [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]and i would ring him but he cuts off anyone who disagrees with him  and has a hissy fit [:D][/quote]

Just as I thought - no bottle

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]meeeeoooooowwww!!!

I listen to both the Saturday and Sunday 6-0-6 shows every week via podcast on the way to work on the train. Alan Green annoys me sometimes but at least he has an opinion and if a reasonable counter argument is presented (as it was on Saturday with regard to video replays) he will debate it with the caller. The guy he cut off for accusing him for being a Liverpool fan was just trying to wind him up and deserved to go.

And Alan Green has an opinion on Leeds, but don’t we all? I’m of the view that as long as Alan Green and the other national media luvvies keep harping on about Leeds, the longer we’ll stay under the radar, and the less pressure there will be on City. So keep it up Alan – you’re doing a great job!

Gabriel Marcotti used to be on the Radio 5 Monday night show a few times and showed he is knowledgeable about football. He might be a decent writer, but is less of a good debater so maybe being a 6-0-6 presenter is not the right arena for him.

Dont listen to 6-0-6 as its usually filled with morons, but Greene is woeful as a commentator as he will latch onto some minor incedent in the 4th minute and bitch about it ALL game. I dont mind him having an opinion on 6-0-6 but he as a commentator his job is to describe what is happening on the pitch. Oh and also yes the fact he is constantly moaning despite having a job most of us would kill for is also a pain in the arse.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]I have always hated Green - the fact that he is paid to watch footba and yet on nearly every commentry he finds something to moan about!! Much prefer the other main commentator on 5 live (don''t know his name, the one with a north-east accent) maybe he should do 606 instead?[/quote]

Hated ! That''s a bit strong. Personally, I don''t mind the man and I like the lack of deference he shows to Alex Ferguson. My only gripe with him is that he gets too excited when a team is attacking to the point that the listener is led to believe that a certain goal is about to happen.

Jon Gaunt isnt exactly struggling for work.

He writes for The Sun, has a daily programme on their online radio station and is a regular paper reviewer on Sky News.

[quote user="dreamteam"]Jon Gaunt isnt exactly struggling for work.

He writes for The Sun, has a daily programme on their online radio station and is a regular paper reviewer on Sky News.[/quote]Which is an awful shame. I''d hoped the bigot would have expired by now by running his mouth off even more and forgetting to breath. Fascist sh*t.