Sign in to follow this  
John

Adriano Basso

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8552667.stmGiven the probability that Forster will be unlikely to return to us on loan next season, coming up with a decent replacement should be one of the main priorities that the club has in the summer.Adriano Basso has recently left Bristol City, and is now available on a free. I seem to remember him being very highly rated by Bristol City''s fans and Gary Johnson, and i''d reckon him to be an ideal candidate in terms of passing on experience and guidance to the two young and very talented goalkeepers we currently have contracted to the club in both Rudd and Steer.Should he be deserving of the acclaim he has been given, i personally see Rudd, at the age of 19 or so, being ready for next season in the Championship (or atleast for the latter part of it). Though, if this was the case, it''d be performing as the competitor for the first team jersy, and being humble and attentive in acting as the understudy to someone with the class, ability and experience of Basso.Should we bring Basso in, we will be fairly solid in the goalkeeping department, and it will most definitely stand Rudd in good sted for his development and future as a goalkeeper.

My number one priority would be to try and get Forster on loan here next season. But if we can''t do that I think Basso would be an ideal signing. He is proven at championship level. I think he had a contract dispute at Bristol City a season or two ago which basically meant he was on borrowed time. Rudd would start as my first choice keeper with Basso pushing him and stepping in should he suffer a dip in form. Rather like Crichton did when Greeno had a little wobble in our playoff year.