Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

£48m debt

That is a seriously unsustainable amount for a bottom half Championship side.If they do go down I would expect a serious financial implosion.Well, we can hope so anyway.[:)]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Finally some binners are realising the **** that they are in, took them long enough to work out but they got there in the end.[/quote]

When the brain cell has to be shared amongst the whole family it does tend to take a while.........

That''s actually a well written piece and a good read. I was pleasantly surprised.

I guess the main issue is not so much the debt, as how much it costs the to service it. Our debt would be no problem if we didn''t have to pay interest.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]They don''t have quite the lottery winning smug faced appearance they had when notes were being waved towards City fans at Portman Road.[/quote]

A friend of mine who is dare I say it a binner fan, recons its worse than that, back room staff in for the chop

I''m finally going to get a chance to namedrop on the Pinkun, my little sister''s boyfriend is the son of the binners Director of Communications Mr Terry Baxter. While the son doesn''t support football (binners are the only choice down there, who can blame him?!) from what I can gather the club is just bewildered at how this season has turned out and doesn''t have much idea as of what to do next.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I''m finally going to get a chance to namedrop on the Pinkun, my little sister''s boyfriend is the son of the binners Director of Communications Mr Terry Baxter. While the son doesn''t support football (binners are the only choice down there, who can blame him?!) from what I can gather the club is just bewildered at how this season has turned out and doesn''t have much idea as of what to do next.
[/quote]

So basically in the same position we were in with Grant/Roeder.

All this to me points to how crucial it is to have a chief exec who knows how to run a football club. Am I right in thinking their chief exec hasn''t run a football club previously?

I see this as karma for having to live next door to a binner at university who gave me so much stick when we went down.

No wiz ur not i would love too see them go down and get hit hard like southampton.I would not laugh .........honest!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Am I the only one who wants that club to do a Kings Lynn?[/quote]

No, I''d imagin there are several thousand who think the same!

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Am I the only one who wants that club to do a Kings Lynn?[/quote]

No, I''d imagin there are several thousand who think the same!

[/quote]

I must say watching them having to reform as AFC Town or something generic like that would be very amusing.

That would be harsh but so well deserved. I live/work with a few binners and the thing they just couldn''t get their heads round was that the mysterious Mr Evans merely bought their debt. They owe him now and he strikes me as the sort of man who will want a return. Remember when their ''legends'' stopped getting the free biscuits in their hospitality suite? I hope that''s the tip of massive iceberg!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Finally some binners are realising the **** that they are in, took them long enough to work out but they got there in the end.[/quote]

When the brain cell has to be shared amongst the whole family it does tend to take a while.........

[/quote]

lol!!

it is funny seeing them with their "Big name manager" fail miserably... we''ll wave to them as we pass them in May.. they wont be coming straight back up i would wager as well.

so, where are all those Ipswich fans who were on here in the summer now then?

I love the fact that they state that Jim Magilton failed as a manager.....er correct me if I am wrong but were they not pushing towards a play off spot under him. Don''t get me wrong I have no time for Magilton what so ever, but I feel they shafted him.....then went for The Big Mr Keane, who I''m pretty sure must be out walking his dogs as we speak!

There no doubt they are in a hell of a lot of Shite!

That is absolutely hilarious.

Oblivious to last year''s accounts our dimwitted hillbilly spouts off about spending big, loads of money etc.

If you owe a packet ''on the slate'' to your local landlord and I offer to ''sort it out'' it does not mean you receive any money. If that debt still remains the same then your are not better finacially any better. Nor can you claim that that money is investment for you.

All Evans is doing is clocking up the unpaid repayments as expenditure from Binman FC to use as some kind of tax dodge. Hence the reason that he is charging interest on the FULL amount they owed NU not the amount it is suggested he settled with them.

To protect themselves from adminstration, as with the red faced clown, player''s contracts have been ringfenced so as to not be used elsewhere outside of player wages.

This means that when Priskin arrived for the much vaunted £1.75m figure (make up your own figure, they did) it was merely the sum total of all possible expenditure on him. Wages, bonuses, signing/agents fees not some bloody transfer fee as the hillbillies keep bleating about. I refer City fans to Strivka''s supposed £750,000 transfer fee.

A measure oif how skint they are is the need to loan out Stead, Priskin and Bruce to scrape together a few pennies to bring in two more Sunderland has beens. Maybe also count the other binners who are out on loan. I can categorically state that none of those three will be back. The binners have not the money to pay their wages.

I shouldn''t think Evans is too bothered. He''s got what he wants and hasn''t raised a finger to try and stop the paupers from being relegated. That was why he appointed a Chief Executive who has openly admitted that he hadn''t a clue about football. He does have connections with other sporting associations/people - more what the ''ticket tout'' wants that any wish to please a bunch or rural no brains.

Yep, the binboys words make for fine reading. Just enough self pitying with the predicable ''underdog ipswich over achieving'' tosh. Unfortunately it reads as about as accurate as someone writing about astronomy, under the believe that the moon is made of cheese.

The true reality is that these shysters have overspent, have failed to maintain the ground and it''s infrastructe for a decade or more and are now paying the price.

I don''t remember any such navel gazing when the paupers were lording it in the Premiership, gobbing off about their new stadium or how they were always above us in the championship.

That those ''achievements were done by overstretching themselves by borrowing way beyond their means with no ability to repay that money should be clearly understood. If the true figure of their debt was counted up I would suggest that you could add another £20m plus that they have weaselled out of.

So next time one of these gob meisters starts spouting off about their success just remember how it was achieved.

[quote user="cosmos67"]No wiz ur not i would love too see them go down and get hit hard like southampton.I would not laugh .........honest![/quote]

Your''ll be the only one who isn''t Laughing, Iv''e already been in touch with Papworth to arrange for a new battery for the pace maker think I might need one.

It is worth making the point that only a few clubs have benefited in the long term from being taken over. Chelsea and Blackburn Rovers are the most obvious examples.

The above is taken from that article, perhaps all the Delia outers should take note