NolanNewcastle12
SimpsonQPR12
EarnshawNottm Forest11
FryattLeicester11
BlackstockNottm Forest10
BruntWest Brom10
CleverleyWatford10
HulseDerby10

I dont wanna get ahead of myself but looking at the championship top scorers is quite interesting. Dick Whittingham is a midfielder for a start, none of the names strikes me as being quality strikers apart from maybe chopra which makes me think that our strike force should be fairly capable in this league Fryatt has shown that he can make the step up OK and Holt is better than Rob Hulse!! Im not saying that Holt, Martin and Hoolahan are going to score 60 goals between them thats ridiculous but our strikers have clearly got a good eye for goal and should be enough to compete with the fairly average goal scorers in the championship. Fingers crossed we get there first obviously :)

[quote user="canaries1985"]

WhittinghamCardiff16
ChopraCardiff14
SharpDoncaster14
AdamBlackpool12
AmbroseCrystal Palace12
HendersonSheff Utd12
HooperScunthorpe12
NolanNewcastle12
SimpsonQPR12
EarnshawNottm Forest11
FryattLeicester11
BlackstockNottm Forest10
BruntWest Brom10
CleverleyWatford10
HulseDerby10

I dont wanna get ahead of myself but looking at the championship top scorers is quite interesting. Dick Whittingham is a midfielder for a start, none of the names strikes me as being quality strikers apart from maybe chopra which makes me think that our strike force should be fairly capable in this league Fryatt has shown that he can make the step up OK and Holt is better than Rob Hulse!! Im not saying that Holt, Martin and Hoolahan are going to score 60 goals between them thats ridiculous but our strikers have clearly got a good eye for goal and should be enough to compete with the fairly average goal scorers in the championship. Fingers crossed we get there first obviously :)

[/quote]

I think we can safely say that it won''t be our strikers giving us cause for concern next season.

Fryatt made the step up and looked very good, and im sure he''d have got near on 20 goals this season if he hadnt broken his jaw.

Our main problem has been spreading the goals around the team, last season Fryatt got over 30 goals, and we had a couple of players on about 8-12 goals (howard, Dyer and King) but all 3 of your main attacking players seem to be scoring a lot so I think you''ll be top half next season with a couple of prove, experienced championship players (i.e Wellens and Gallagher for us)

If you just buy lower league players you''ll struggle - i.e. Posh, who had 3 very good attackive players last season, but haven''t been able to even mount a serious push to stay up because of serious weaknesses and inexperience all over the pitch.

Doherty and Nelson would be destroyed in the championship imo, but you have Whitbread who i really rate. How has he done so far?

The comparison you make is not entirely fair as you have quoted our players in all competitions and championship players only in league goals. After saying that I hope you are right however all our strikers are unproven in the championship - the only one to have succeeded is Stephen Elliot. Lets hope the confidence from this year helps propell them next year. 

Whitbread has been very good of what we''ve seen of him but injured atm. I also have my douts about Nelson especially but I think docherty and whitbread may be the combo for next year. Dohertys experience, blocking and heading abilities (defensive and attacking :)) along with Whitbreads composure, tackling and speed may be enough. Askou has also impressed and could be in for Docherty but who knows what happens in the summer Lambert will know what we need to handle the average Championship strikers lol. Glad leicester are doing good, shows that going down to league 1 is needed to kick some players into action :)

We''re not far away at all from being a very competitive side in the Championship, we''ll get the usual lot saying Doherty & Russell aren''t good enough for the Championship blah blah but the team we had for the 3 years leading up to our relegation was a joke, we''ve now got a settled squad of our own players working as a team and we''ll see what a decent player Gary Doherty is at Championship level.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]The comparison you make is not entirely fair as you have quoted our players in all competitions and championship players only in league goals. After saying that I hope you are right however all our strikers are unproven in the championship - the only one to have succeeded is Stephen Elliot. Lets hope the confidence from this year helps propell them next year. [/quote]Albeit for a brief period Chris Martin has shown he can score goals in the championship.