Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Away Season Tickets......

Brilliant, now ive done that and got no answers...........

Away Season Tickets..........

Do they exsist?

Prices?

Yep as far as I know you pay a £20 admin fee which covers postage etc and then your match tickets are automatically sent out to you before each game and your card charged for however much they are.

Brilliant thank you,

Sounds like a plan, Would be nice to go up with Leeds and Huddersfield

and Have Hull and Burnley come down, Lots of matches to to get to up north!

So what happens if you get an away season ticket and then you can''t make a few games, presume they still charge you for the ticket?

There''s a certain number of games you can cancel a season if you can''t go. Think it used to be five, don''t know if that''s changed.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Yes it is five[/quote]

I rang up about one last season, and got told that you are expected to attend all away games, and they don''t do buy back.

I''m an away season ticket holder and can confirm that there''s a £20 admin fee at the beginning of the season, plus you do have five cancellations; I''d better point out that this includes FA Cup and (midweek) League Cup matches which may prove a problem for some (especially if you can''t make midweeks and we suddenly manage to go on a cup run). They did at least waiver the Trophy this season, so you could cancel without it counting. You can have them add coach travel in with your tickets, specify whether you prefer seats or terracing (as has been the option at some of the small grounds this season), plus have your name down for concessions prices if they are available - I''m saving a few bob with the student prices available at the Galpharm this weekend. When I last had an away season ticket back when we were in the Prem (I''m a ground hunter, so it''s ideal for that), I remember there also being the option for preference for the front, middle or rear of a stand (as obviously in the Prem you have bigger stands and it makes a difference to your view), but I don''t remember them asking for that this time. I believe there''s around a thousand ASTs, but don''t know if there''s a cap on numbers to make sure tickets are available for general sale etc. I''ve no idea if you can join midway through a season, but the girl at the club that organises it is very nice and I''m sure she''d accomodate you. I was gonna say PM me if you want her name and direct-dial number, but they''d probably prefer it if I didn''t. Oh yeah - that £20 admin fee; if you want to make a joint application with your mates, so that you get seats together, then it''s £20 for the first application and £10 for each subsequent app, just staple the forms (with your card and address details) together before you post them.

[quote user="Mister Gee-Bee"]I believe there''s around a thousand ASTs, but don''t know if there''s a cap on numbers to make sure tickets are available for general sale etc.[/quote]I believe there are less than 200 this season, was around the 1,000 mark during the Premiership season.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Mister Gee-Bee"]I believe there''s around a thousand ASTs, but don''t know if there''s a cap on numbers to make sure tickets are available for general sale etc.[/quote]I believe there are less than 200 this season, was around the 1,000 mark during the Premiership season.[/quote]

How many games a season is it actually worth having one for?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]I don''t think there have been any matches this season where people in the "Season ticket plus 10 stubs" group haven''t secured tickets, so from that perspective it''s not a massive help (though I can imagine Bristol Rovers will be oversubscribed).  The main advantage is not having to call the ticket office every couple of weeks to book your tickets, they just arrive in the post and off you go.  I had one during the Premiership season, but not since.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]I don''t think there have been any matches this season where people in the "Season ticket plus 10 stubs" group haven''t secured tickets, so from that perspective it''s not a massive help (though I can imagine Bristol Rovers will be oversubscribed).  The main advantage is not having to call the ticket office every couple of weeks to book your tickets, they just arrive in the post and off you go.  I had one during the Premiership season, but not since.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Yes GIYLF[/quote]
How ironic is it that I had to Google ''GIYLF''....?
[/quote]http://tinyurl.com/ya3kfa8

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Mister Gee-Bee"]I believe there''s around a thousand ASTs, but don''t know if there''s a cap on numbers to make sure tickets are available for general sale etc.[/quote]I believe there are less than 200 this season, was around the 1,000 mark during the Premiership season.[/quote]

Yeah, I had absolutely no authority for that figure, it''s just what I''d heard bandied about in the press, on the net and amongst friends. I''d hazard a guess it''s larger than 200, but you''re probably right about it being sub-1,000.

Yeah, the Prem year was my only other year in having one, and as you say the advantage I saw with having one again was so that I didn''t have to keep checking for availability dates then ringing up and queueing without knowing if I''d be successful or having to apply for ballots and all that business for the many tiny grounds this league has.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

Depends how many games you go to. As I go to 98% of away games I find it saves a lot of time and hassle calling up the ticket office every time you want a ticket. You can also guarantee where you want to sit by selecting front, middle, or back on the application form. Normally thesedays you are guaranteed a ticket for most games with 10 away stubs, but you never know, there may be a Local Cup game one day with a small allocation Tickets will be like gold dust so an AST would come in very handy...