Sign in to follow this  
Rivvo

P.O.T.S

Heard mention of voting starting in a couple of weeks time for player of the season, really tough choice this year!

For what it''s worth I have managed to narrow my choice down to 5 players-

Holt, Wes, Smith, Martin and Doc and God knows how I''ll choose between if they all keep playing the way they have been, oh well nice to have a decision like that for the right reasons.

Doc every time.......he''s the only ginger pele..........he''s like watching Brazil (not fat alan the alky)

to be honest im just loving the fact i cannot choose who i will pick as we have so many outstanding candidates. unlike last year where it was basically picking a name from a hat!

[quote user="Methane"]Docherty Holt Russell Martin R (not C)[/quote]

russell martin? ahead of hoolahan? smith?

you only listen on the radio obviously!

Can''t look past Holt personally.

But it really has been a team effort. I honestly believe on current form that  Forster, Doherty, Smith, Hoolahan, Rusty, Hoolahan and Chrissy Martin could all lay a legitimate claim to the Barry Butler Trophy and anyone of them would be a worthy winner in my eyes. A far cry from last year where I think the only player who was fit to wear the shirt let alone any awards was Clingan.

Banana you can''t talk, you have a 26 goal striker, the captain, the heart of the team, our star player in 5th....

Very hard to choose.

I guess my top 3 would have to be Holt, Hoolahan and Doherty.

But Drury, Russell, Smith, Lappin and Martin have all done brilliantly for us this season. As have Askou, Nelson and Russell Martin.

It''s hard to find anybody who has played on a regular basis that hasn''t done a good job.

The only thing I can do to make it the slightest bit easier is to take Forster out of the running as he''s on loan and not one of ours. But the guy is awesome and I really hope we see him in a Norwich shirt next season.

Drury has been sheer class. Just been a couple of times so has missed quite a lot of games. Although I guess the same could be said for Holty. It seems inevitable he have missed 6 games in total through suspension this season once he collects these 2 other yellows.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Banana you can''t talk, you have a 26 goal striker, the captain, the heart of the team, our star player in 5th....[/quote]

yeah he gets all the attention as the top goal scorer for us, but its a team game and there is no I in team so there are other players that deserve a look and some have been better then holt!

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"]

A far cry from last year where I think the only player who was fit to wear the shirt let alone any awards was Clingan.

[/quote]

Not really important but I actually thought last year the guys in the top 3 all deserved to be there. Sammy Clingan was a class act for us (most of the time) but Croft and Doherty fought bloody hard to save a sinking ship. Even though Croft won it and Doherty was in the running I still think there efforts have been a bit underestimated.

[quote user="GJP"]

there efforts[/quote]

*their efforts

[quote user="Iwan Roberts Dentist"]Drury has been sheer class. Just been a couple of times so has missed quite a lot of games. Although I guess the same could be said for Holty. It seems inevitable he have missed 6 games in total through suspension this season once he collects these 2 other yellows.[/quote]

i think your missing a word. but im not sure what one - i would guess ''injury''

Banana, I see you are in the fruit bowl.

It would be better for you to remove yourself from there as your prescence tends to over-ripen any adjacent fruit.

Also, did you know you are a herb?

I''d say Holt by a narrow margin, he''s been monumental.HoltForsterHoolahanDocRustySmithMartinDrurypretty much everyone who has featured on a regualr basis, no disrespect to Lappin and Nelson who have done well this season.That order, if Forster hadn''t done ''that kick'' at elland road, he''d have had a perfect season, no exaggeration.

Your really making no sense Banana :P

You think Holt is only 5th best? He is top scorer for a reason, because he is the best player, yeah the whole team has been playing well, but Holt has been best...

and then Drury injury? he has only missed 6/7 games hasn''t he? people are putting Russel Martin and Nelson down, and they have played less than Drury.....

:P

anyway, Holt to win, Hoolahan second, and can''t even guess 3rd, it could be Smith, Doc, Drury, Forster, Rusty, Martin....and even Lappin, Nelson, Askou, R.Martin deserve some credit, but won''t be in the top 3 this season.....

If I were basing it on the first half of the season I''d say wes, if on the second half of the season Forster. However, if looking at the whole of the season then it''s gotta be holt. He''s been spectacularly consistent, and you just can''t argue with 26+ goals!

Hoolahan
Forster
Holt
Doherty
Martin

I feel Frazer has to be in the top three. He''s won us some points!!!