Sign in to follow this  
gary

league 1 has been good fun

football as it used to be , playing proper teams with players you may have heard of but with little or no media hype , fans who support their local teams rather than the hangers on attracted by bigger clubs - I think it has been enjoyable - Yeovil , Hartlepool , Brentford - far more enjoyabel than Preston , Coventry and Bristol City for me

[quote user="gary "]football as it used to be , playing proper teams with players you may have heard of but with little or no media hype , fans who support their local teams rather than the hangers on attracted by bigger clubs - I think it has been enjoyable - Yeovil , Hartlepool , Brentford - far more enjoyabel than Preston , Coventry and Bristol City for me[/quote]

I agree but I wouldn''t want to stay around here to long :-)

A mate said to me when we were relegated maybe we would enjoy football again. He was right but we must get out of this league (through the top not bottom!) and move onwards.

The worst thing about L1 is some of the ploughed field pitches. Col U and Walsall are obvious candidates. The best thing about L1 is that we are winning all the time. If we were winning all the time in the Chumpionship it would be even better!

I like the feel around the club which was absent for a few seasons. People have that belief and faith back in their team. League 1 is good because fans have to back their teams no matter what because it looks like its 80% blood and guts to get up out of this league and 20% class and quality.I hope we can take this all on to the Championship so that next season we can get a half decent position in the table and then look to push on.It looks like next season may be a good season in terms of open-ness of the Champs. I think we are better equiped than many of the other teams looking to go up, Leeds included. They are strong defensively but as we have seen - there arn''t that many strikers in this league that have really troubled Doherty and Nelson which says it all to me. They will need an injection of quality next season and a new goalscorer as Beckford will be gone.

I''ve enjoyed the away games immensely. All the different quirky little grounds. Standing on terraces, tea huts, outdoor toilets - just outdoors sometimes. Usually easy to park near the ground.

Going back to soulless, half empty modern stadia with everything overpriced won''t be something I''ll want to experience too quickly.

Yep, it has helped going with the expectation of winning. Getting stuffed in some little northern town in Div 1 would not have been much fun- as said above.

What I would suggest to fellow travelling Canaries is get all your memories (about Div 1), hints and tips together - best pub, pub to avoid, good chippy, etc and post them onto -

Official Binman Supporters Club

94, Skid Row

Little Hope

Soffick

ID1 0TS

It''ll be a great help for them next season

I liken our season in the third division to having jiggy with a fat bird.It was fun, but you don''t feel entirely comfortable admitting it, and you know really that you have shamed yourself a bit and can do better.

[:)]

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]The worst thing about L1 is some of the ploughed field pitches. Col U and Walsall are obvious candidates. The best thing about L1 is that we are winning all the time. If we were winning all the time in the Chumpionship it would be even better![/quote]

I said that to a friend the other day.

the state of pitches in L1 have been horrendous!