Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report v Yeovil

It was very satisfying to forecast a 3 nil victory and be right for once and what a shame I didn''t have the confidence to have a few bob on it. However I can now reveal that Snowy the Cat is totally convinced that we will get promotion. Time was when I would come home and slam the door and kick things about and he would scuttle under the table but tonight he just opened one eye and gave me that look that says " another 3 points in the bag".We started off on the front foot and a 2nd minute goal seemed to set the pattern for the game. Grant Holt was first to a near post corner and his header hit the inside of the post and ran along the line only for Wes to tap in from about 6 inches.Constant waves of attacks followed with Yeovil chasing shadows and City pulling their defence all over the place. Chris Martin volleyed a Holt cross just over the top and then connected with a low corner after Holt and Doc had decoyed the defence out of position. Chances and half chances came with great regularity but somehow Yeovil got blocks in and managed to hold on. They managed to break away for a couple of corners but in all truth never looked like extending our defence. Rose was in much better form than in recent games and all round we were quicker to ball and much more confident in our passing. The only critisism in that first half was that if anything we tended to overplay with the short passing when a more direct approach might have produced better results. On the stroke of half time Holt produced the miss of the season. Martins shrewd touch put him in the clear and he rounded the keeper with ease only to somehow screw his effort into the side netting with the whole of the goal at his mercy.A one goal lead is never enough and we started the second period a bit nervously I thought. Lappin livened things up with a couple of 25 yarders which the keeper saved well but Holt finally settled the nerves in the 69th minute when Martins challenge for a high ball fell nicely for the top scorer to crash into the roof of the net. Now the flowing football returned and the crowd got into full voice. Holt returned the compliment 6 minutes later when he drew 2 defenders and slipped Martin in the clear. The keeper got hands to Martins low drive but it had too much power behind it and the 3rd goal wrapped things up nicely. All three scores were withdrawn and we saw a few minutes of Oli, Matt Gill and the new guy who looked quite lively but didn''t have time to show us much.A totally dominant display then, in fact it was probably the most one sided game seen at CR since we beat Sutton 8-0 in the FA Cup many years back. Korey was magnificent and MOM by a large distance. Smudger might not agree with me but the Doc never put a foot wrong and was timely with his interceptions and imaculate with his distribution. Nelson won everything in the air and both Rose and Russell Martin never gave the Yeovil forwards a sniff the entire game. In fact our goal was so untroubled that even Mrs Ricardo in a deck chair, reading the Evening News would have kept a clean sheet this afternoon. MacNamee was not up to his previous standard and seemed a bit reluctant to take his back on but it would be churlish to over critisise anyone in what was an excellent team performance.Snowy the Cat says we will go up as champions and I''m very much inclined to go along with his judgement as he is a very clever cat indeed.

I thought Korey was immense today, tough in the tackle, so, so composed on the ball and never said die.The lad has a very bright future indeed.

Spot on Ricardo. It was a very easy win but satisfying none the less. As the others around us slip up we are totally commited to see it out in a very professional manner. It was also satisfying that the three top scorers bagged another one each. Holt, Martin and Hoolahan now have 60 goals between them.

Who''s taking the goalkicks[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Cheers Ricardo, top notch as always, it seems even Snowy has been at the Peroni.[/quote]I have to keep an eye on him Twitchy otherwise he''s over the Workshop on Earlham Road every chance he gets.The little buggar is not too sharp when it''s his round though.LOL

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Spot on Ricardo. It was a very easy win but satisfying none the less. As the others around us slip up we are totally commited to see it out in a very professional manner. It was also satisfying that the three top scorers bagged another one each. Holt, Martin and Hoolahan now have 60 goals between them.

Who''s taking the goalkicks[:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]Dead right Nigel, she needs a bit of help with the goalkicks.LOL

[quote user="Woman in the Stands (WITS)"]Cheers Ricardo. Sounds like one clever cat you''ve got!
quote]

Not only that WITS but the cat has an owner who is a succinct and informative writer. I hope you''re taking pointers.

Another great one Ricardo - is there any chance that Snowy has deserted Leeds in the dim past?

Our cat appreciates my better moods now as well. they know, you know! [:)]

Another great one Ricardo - is there any chance that Snowy has deserted Leeds in the dim past?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]Possibly Yellow, because he is the right colour.I''ll have to buy him a little yellow and green suit.

" but tonight he just opened one eye "

lifted his tail ?

For me Ricardo, your report is wholly reliable and invaluable to anyone unable to be there and assess the players for themselves.

I got frustrated with Tony Mc not taking his full back on; Doc used the ball well and Korey delighted me with a display which was mature and in places a little imperious. The boy''s attitude is quite amazing, this is surely a premier league player who must be interesting the England U21''s. As I posted recently, I have re-thought my POTS and Korey is right up there. This young lad makes us tick.

Great stuff Ricardo. Completely agree. Smith was great. Doc didn''t put a foot wrong. All good. Passes and play was too condensed in the first half . Too many players around the ball at times. Holt and Martin stayed more central in the second half and let the midfield provide the supply which worked much better. That''s where the goals came from.  

Ricardo - I agree entirely. We should have had the game won by half-time - too much over elaboration and actually quite a bit of going backwards. With more directness should have swamped a very poor Yeovil side. But can''t criticise, another job well done.

McNamee was a bit disappointing and he missed a golden opportunity for him to perform and create more against a weak defence. As has been said hardly ever took on his defender on the outside, possibly because he prefers the left flank. Reminds me of Wright-Phillips. Fast and tricky but not a lot by way of final output. At this stage useful to bring on as a late substitute to change things around.

As regards Korey Smith I am amazed that no Premiership Manager has shown any interest. He is a natural footballer, plenty of fight and energy and in my opinion a future international player.

Good report as always Ricardo, but wasn''t Martin''s volley from McNamee''s cross? (and then ironically McNamee volleyed wide from Martin''s)

[quote user="ricardo"]It was very satisfying to forecast a 3 nil victory and be right for once and what a shame I didn''t have the confidence to have a few bob on it. However I can now reveal that Snowy the Cat is totally convinced that we will get promotion. Time was when I would come home and slam the door and kick things about and he would scuttle under the table but tonight he just opened one eye and gave me that look that says " another 3 points in the bag".

We started off on the front foot and a 2nd minute goal seemed to set the pattern for the game. Grant Holt was first to a near post corner and his header hit the inside of the post and ran along the line only for Wes to tap in from about 6 inches.Constant waves of attacks followed with Yeovil chasing shadows and City pulling their defence all over the place. Chris Martin volleyed a Holt cross just over the top and then connected with a low corner after Holt and Doc had decoyed the defence out of position. Chances and half chances came with great regularity but somehow Yeovil got blocks in and managed to hold on. They managed to break away for a couple of corners but in all truth never looked like extending our defence. Rose was in much better form than in recent games and all round we were quicker to ball and much more confident in our passing. The only critisism in that first half was that if anything we tended to overplay with the short passing when a more direct approach might have produced better results. On the stroke of half time Holt produced the miss of the season. Martins shrewd touch put him in the clear and he rounded the keeper with ease only to somehow screw his effort into the side netting with the whole of the goal at his mercy.

A one goal lead is never enough and we started the second period a bit nervously I thought. Lappin livened things up with a couple of 25 yarders which the keeper saved well but Holt finally settled the nerves in the 69th minute when Martins challenge for a high ball fell nicely for the top scorer to crash into the roof of the net. Now the flowing football returned and the crowd got into full voice. Holt returned the compliment 6 minutes later when he drew 2 defenders and slipped Martin in the clear. The keeper got hands to Martins low drive but it had too much power behind it and the 3rd goal wrapped things up nicely. All three scores were withdrawn and we saw a few minutes of Oli, Matt Gill and the new guy who looked quite lively but didn''t have time to show us much.

A totally dominant display then, in fact it was probably the most one sided game seen at CR since we beat Sutton 8-0 in the FA Cup many years back. Korey was magnificent and MOM by a large distance. Smudger might not agree with me but the Doc never put a foot wrong and was timely with his interceptions and imaculate with his distribution. Nelson won everything in the air and both Rose and Russell Martin never gave the Yeovil forwards a sniff the entire game. In fact our goal was so untroubled that even Mrs Ricardo in a deck chair, reading the Evening News would have kept a clean sheet this afternoon. MacNamee was not up to his previous standard and seemed a bit reluctant to take his back on but it would be churlish to over critisise anyone in what was an excellent team performance.

Snowy the Cat says we will go up as champions and I''m very much inclined to go along with his judgement as he is a very clever cat indeed.
[/quote]thnx Ricardo[Y] look forward to your report every week

It was very one sided today. I felt that todays game was a good chance for us to put in a good performance get a few goals and get ourselves going again for these next three tough games. And i feel we have done this pretty well. Swindon and Huddersfield both look on the wobble which hopefully gives us a good chance in next two games.Although was just looking at the match stats and Yeovil had just ONE shot on target all game and no shots off target. I would be pretty pee''d off if i had come all that way to see that

Another excellent report mate. I hope your cat''s right! I think we can definately mutter the P word now...

...Playoffs! (that''s as far as i''ll go at the moment!)

For me Ricardo, your report is wholly reliable and invaluable to anyone unable to be there and assess the players for themselves.

I got frustrated with Tony Mc not taking his full back on; Doc used the ball well and Korey delighted me with a display which was mature and in places a little imperious. The boy''s attitude is quite amazing, this is surely a premier league player who must be interesting the England U21''s. As I posted recently, I have re-thought my POTS and Korey is right up there. This young lad makes us tick.

Spoke on Rudolph. Korey made a big difference when he came on against Southend which I think opened many peoples eyes to how he affects a game. Great again on Saturday.