Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="fonejacker"][quote user="Shyster"]Go f*ck yourself.[/quote]that''s better.[/quote]

[img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

Thank you for all of your selections this week. I have just spent five hours driving back to Norfolk mulling over the selections and here are my selections for this week;

Arsenal to beat Burnley (this is my nap for week)

Everton to beat Hull

Chelsea to beat Stoke

Rochdale to beat Lincoln

Rangers to beat St Mirren

Kettering to beat Grays

Thanks again for the selections, it has been an honour!

PS Berkshire - the marathon training has been "sporadic" at best. Its going to take a lot of grit to get round!

Excellent choices Obiwan. I will get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here. Surely only bad luck will prevent your name being added to the line of fame.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Obiwancanary and Billy Dixon we have...

1/7 Arsenal (NYC, Star, Devon, GMF, Norfolkch, Norwich, Butler, Greg, Hughesy, Fellas, NBS, Shack, Beaus, Mister, Mandie, Dion, Obiwan, 1dart)
2/5 Everton (Nutty)
2/7 Chelsea (Bump, Graham)
2/5 Rochdale (Cherub, Wazzy)
1/5 Rangers (Cosmic, Fonejack, Sparkos)
1/3 Kettering (Berks, Shyster)

Which will win for the Academy £36.08p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £28.13. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Obiwan. It really looks like you have done us PUPs proud this week. And with a decent return from Billy too.

So now it’s "game on". Arsenal, Rochdale, Rangers and Kettering all kick off at 3pm this afternoon. With any luck we will be undefeated overnight to add excitement to the TV games, Chelsea and Everton, at 4pm on Sunday afternoon.

Good luck everyone and if you''re in the Lower Barclay today don''t forget your sun hat[H][;)]

Sorry I''m late this week [:$]

Arsenal to beat Burnley for me please.

Good Luck everyone

Again i''m late and I just missed the 3 o clock kick offs so i''ll go for wolves v man u, away win. Good luck

Shocker.  Bad luck, I thought those selections looked good.  Arsenal nearly blew it too, wait until you see Match of the Day where Bendtner makes Cureton look like Pele.

Arsenal, Rangers and Kettering all won and once again it''s the smallest of margins that''s derailed the free bet train. Very unlucky Obiwan. Surely our next win cannot be far away.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

alot of results went the wrong way today!

c''mon my nap is on now (ITV1) fulham spurs ! - 0-0 [;)]

[/quote]

full time 0-0 [;)]!

NN, can you please explain what result is counted if soemone was to pick a reply in a cup of it went to extra time - would it count as a draw (after 90 mins) or would the winner in ET or pens. (you cant nap a reply in a cup to be a draw?)

hope you understand this - im sure you will [;)]

Yes Nana, you can select a draw in all matches because the result that counts is after 90 minutes. This includes time added by the referee for injuries and other stoppages. Extra time, golden goals, silver goals, and penalty shoot outs don''t count. However, it is possible to bet on a team to win outright where the prices would be different because there would only be two possible outcomes.

Real hard luck Obi. We''ve had so many close misses this season, many more than last year.

Yes Obiwan, one draw was all it was. As Fellas said we have been incredibly unlucky so many times this season. All your other games were comfortable victories with an aggregate score of 15-3. It just shows how difficult getting all six in really is.

All us PUPs enjoyed this week with you so I''m glad you enjoyed it too. And we will all be back for another go next week when it''s Free Bet Legend Blah in charge and making the final selections. (I wonder who Chesterfield play[:S] )

I''ll be back later with the stats.

I can not believe my selection (Inter) failed.  This must be an unprecedented run of bad luck/picking!  Inter drew 0-0 at home against a poor Genoa side.  Thank the lord I told Obiwan not to go with my pick!

Thanks again Obiwan. Another great effort where we lost by the smallest of margins. There’s quite a few in that “One Draw Club” now.

Yet again you PUPs had a great week. 56 selected with 47 winning naps giving an overall win percentage of a brilliant 84%. This was helped by overwhelming support for Arsenal and Norwich who were napped by half of you. As I have said before this is not a bad thing because it gives the Final Selector at least one banker to work with. Altogether we gave Obiwan 23 different options and 16 won (70%) which shows what a marvellous effort Obiwan made.

Mr. Bump[*] goes on and on and on and on………….. at the top of our league. Can he really go the whole season unbeaten?

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Mr. Bump 31-31 100
Beauseant 29-31 94
Fonejacker 29-31 94
Til 1010 29-31 94
Delia''s Devonshire.. 28-30 93
Graham Humphrey 28-31 90
NCFC_Shaun 19-21 90
Scooby 25-28 89
NCFCStar 27-31 87
Norfolkbroadslim 27-31 87
Sparkos 27-31 87
Obiwancanary 25-29 86
Cityangel 26-31 84
Mister Chops 26-31 84
Cosmic Twin 25-30 83
Pboro_Canary 25-30 83
Shack Attack 23-28 82
Fellas 25-31 81
Sports Desk - Pete 25-31 81
1Dartmoore 17-21 81
MacDougall''s perm 13-16 81
Leedscanary 24-30 80
Norfolkchance1 24-30 80
Berkshire Canary 16-20 80
Davo 19-24 79
Gazzathegreat 14-18 78
Hughesy 24-31 77
Newyorkcanary 24-31 77
methcanary 23-30 77
nutty nigel 23-30 77
GMF 22-29 76
Dion Dublin = Legend 21-28 75
Big Bob 15-20 75
Hissing Sid 23-31 74
Inch High 23-31 74
Norwich 23-31 74
Trent Canary 23-31 74
Canary Cherub 20-27 74
Camuldonum 17-23 74
City-Til-I-Die 22-30 73
Diesel Doris 22-30 73
Kathy 18-25 72
CanaryRyan 13-18 72
Jellytot 22-31 71
1st Wazzock 21-31 68
Yankee Canary 21-31 68
Legend Iwan 17-25 68
The Butler 18-27 67
Muddy funster 19-29 66
Mandie Moo 20-31 65
Yellow Fever (BBI) 20-31 65
Scrimmage 19-30 63
Blahblahblah 19-31 61
Ginger Pele 19-31 61
I''m A Banana 19-31 61
Brendan 16-27 59
Astrodyne 10-17 59
Gregt 17-30 57

Just a quick question Nutty, I''m down for 24/30 = 80% on list, do you know which week I missed as I don''t remember missing a week?

I know there was the week where lots got wiped off on the Thursday because of a technical fault but I think I re-submitted, and I don''t remember any games I have picked being called off.

Cheers

Yet another unlucky week - as Luke Skywalker probably never said, you wuz robbed Obiwan.Nutty, could you do me a favour and paste the top pickers to the top of next weeks'' thread please ?  I''m considering concentrating on the more accurate pickers, past performance and all that...CheersBlah.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Yet another unlucky week - as Luke Skywalker probably never said, you wuz robbed Obiwan.

Nutty, could you do me a favour and paste the top pickers to the top of next weeks'' thread please ?  I''m considering concentrating on the more accurate pickers, past performance and all that...

Cheers

Blah.
[/quote]

dont forget the likes of me and ginge near the bottom of the table, were more than capable. [;)]

Yeah pick the league''s top 6 picks to put some pressure on them [;)]

Eddie, I am amazed how many PUPs are sitting at 80%+ at this stage of the season.  It''s a fantastic effort by everyone.

The %''s must be quite a bit up on previous seasons and only genuinely bad luck has stopped us having more winning weeks this year.

[Y]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Just a quick question Nutty, I''m down for 24/30 = 80% on list, do you know which week I missed as I don''t remember missing a week? I know there was the week where lots got wiped off on the Thursday because of a technical fault but I think I re-submitted, and I don''t remember any games I have picked being called off. Cheers[/quote]

According to my records it was week 28, the week P''boro had our last win. I had you down for a home win for Anderlecht against Chaleroi but the game was postponed. I got caught out by a postponed game in Belgium a couple of weeks before that too. I think it was rain that did for mine.

But I''m really glad that you PUPs are keeping a close eye on me. I try not to make mistakes but there''s so many of us this season so I am not surprised if I do.